Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Transformers Game

Options
  • 15-01-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I'll reserve excitement untill I see some gameplay footage. The game itself is meant to be akin to Gears of War. That said it does appear to be heavily influenced by DWs war within.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's an excellent trailer alright, but like yourself I am waiting for proper in game footage before I commit.
    I really like the redesigned Gen1 characters. However, if they are going for a G1 style why did they get someone to do an impression of Hugo Weaving's movie Megatron when Frank Welker (original Megatron voice) is still doing the rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Looks good alright. Couldn't possibly be worse then the movie tie-in games anyway... as was said, I'll hold my judgement for the gameplay stuff to come out

Apparently if you preorder the game with Gamestop they give you a code to download Shockwave as a playable character (in multiplayer).
    SHOCKWAVEW_1265741370.jpg
    Now, if they made a toy of that I'd be all over it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Galvasean wrote: »
    Now, if they made a toy of that I'd be all over it.

I only heard it on the moonbase 2 podcast but they seemed to think there was a toyline for the game in the works.

There is one alright. Havent seen anything to do with a Shockwave toy yet though. Interestingly, the previously unreleased Drift toy from the Universe line will be released under the War For Cybertron line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Now shockwave is what I'm talking about.

Images of the Bumblebee, Prime and Megatron toys are up along with Drift and Classic Thrust!):
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/official-transformers-generations-images-from-toy-fair-2010-169176/

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GenghisCon

GenghisCon wrote: »

I'll reserve excitement untill I see some gameplay footage. The game itself is meant to be akin to Gears of War.

Ok. Maybe a little excitement is warrented....

Gameplay footgae looks good. Similar to the Armada game on PS2, which was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Hoping we have another Arkham Asylum type scenario here. Really wish they'd get Welker back to do voices though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Of the footage I've seen for this game, it looks exciting, and the fact it's not a movie tie in could work well for the game's storyline and the general gameplay

Revenge of the Fallen and the original Transformers the game suffered somewhat because of their connection with the movie - this doesn't seem to have that problem and I can only say it's going to be amazing fan service if the pictures are anything to go by

transformers-war-for-cybertron-2-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

GenghisCon wrote: »
    Ok. Maybe a little excitement is warrented....
    Great trailer.. gotta love Omega Supreme at the end :D and Trypticon (I'm assuming) in the first trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Shockwave pre-order looks like a must have!

THere better be a toy of that :eek:

Another 25 for Modelmania it is so :o

Ooo I just realised there's going to be a PC version! :D (call me old-fashioned but I still think the only good games on consoles are racing/driving games! I prefer the keyboard/mouse for FPS type stuff!)

Still looking pretty damn awesome:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-transformers-war/100936

Lots of Trypticon in that clip.

Still looking pretty damn awesome:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-transformers-war/100936

Lots of Trypticon in that clip.

Looks great - half the appeal for me is the throwback to the G1 characters I grew up with (nice to see Soundwave can still make the energon cubes :))

Hopefully the gameplay will live up to these videos!

EDIT: Just looking through the character lists - http://www.transformersgame.com/#/game/characters

I wonder will we see some of the combiners (Aerialbots and Combaticons).

You can even build your own characters (for multplayer) so expect to see lots of fan made classic characters

Plus we'd only get embroiled in more confusion as to whether the Constructicons built Megatron or Megatron built the Constructicons.

• Advertisement

Yeah, how nice would it be to have Starscream leading a rogue unit of 'cons complete with Combaticons (never mind that Braw is dead) in some sort of Decepticon civil war. Perhaps after the death of the Fallen certain Decepticons will have grown disllusioned with Megatron's leadership?

/fanboy

Inspite of Hasbro's apparent intention to create a single 'cohesive' continuity, i can see certain elements of the movies being swept under the rug.... maybe it's just me, but it seems like the Fallen undermines the image of Megatron as a meglomaniacal tyrant type..... especially since he... you know, turned out to be a bit of a wuss.

I think they were going for a Vader/ Emperor thing with Megs and the Fallen.

Unfortunately, they portrayed Luke Skywalker as having a predeliction and the power to tear the Emperor's face off, thus kinda ruining the dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Multiplayer demo is out for the game on Xbox Live atm.

After playing it for about 2 hours, I can safely say "winner winner, chicken dinner". Multiplayer is great, great fun. cant wait for the full game now.

Am enjoying the demo, nothing amazing but good and solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

dont know if this is any uses to anyone but i was up in the square in tallagh today and gamestop on the second level are taking pre orders for the game now (due out 25th according to them) and the special character you get for doing so is..

...shockwave.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

by the way for those who are thick like me the special characters are only available in the multi player options so if your expecting to play em in the game proper for get it.

extra bit of news though is you can buy it on play.com now.

its number 22 in their chart so hopefully if it does well enough we'll get a sequel (which the designers said would allow us to play as characters like trypticon and omega :) )

Picked it up for the PS3 yesterday.

Can't say I'm all that crazy about it. No where near the brilliance of the old PS2 game.

It all feels very unpolished, like it could have done with a month or two more in development.

It's way too easy to run out of ammo too and you seem to only have one melee attack that is awkwardly accomplished by pushing in on the right stick. Also the levels are designed with Gears of War style cover based fire fights but you don't actually seem to have an cover command... you just have to awkwardly place yourself behind barriers to get out of the line of fire.

Will play it a bit more when I get home this evening, but not terribly impressed so far.

Playing it since last night myself (PC version) and I think its not bad.. I'm not too fond of 3rd person views generally but ya get used to it.

Few thoughts - possible spoilers!
    Megatron is cool! His fusion cannon kicks ass :p Only downside is he's a bit slow in tank mode - movement and weapon reloading takes what feels like ages.

Starscream and the jets have the edge I think in combat.. hovering/flying is so much better than running/driving everywhere, plus its more fun blasting Autobots from above!

It does improve significantly as it goes on.

I'm almost finished it now... just one level left I think.
    The Omega Supreme level was pretty cool. And I just did the Trypticon level, which while really difficult has very cool moments where you get to fly around at very high speeds through very narrow corridors. All very Return of the Jedi.

Don't know why there aren't more signature Autobots for you to fight on the Decepticon levels. The game really feels like they put more effort into it as it went along.

• Advertisement

It does improve significantly as it goes on.

I'm almost finished it now... just one level left I think.
    The Omega Supreme level was pretty cool. And I just did the Trypticon level, which while really difficult has very cool moments where you get to fly around at very high speeds through very narrow corridors. All very Return of the Jedi.

Don't know why there aren't more signature Autobots for you to fight on the Decepticon levels. The game really feels like they put more effort into it as it went along.

I'd agree there.. though I think I dispatched
    Bumblebee
    at one stage?
    I'm just after blasting Omega with gun turrets and now I'm off to "finish the job" :D

It is getting better as it goes though!

Advertisement