Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seapoint dart station, closed after 6?

• 15-01-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

When I come home from Dun Laoghaire to the seapoint dart station after 6 after work the barrier does be down covering the machine for getting tickets.

Normally this doesn't matter but tonight I want to get into the city centre and will be heading to the dart at 8.

So how do we get tickets to go on the dart if the shutter is down!?

I presume there's barriers at Connoly where I'll need a ticket to get by?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tell the guy at the ticket barrier where you boarded, that tickets were unavailable and he will sell you a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Victor wrote: »
    Tell the guy at the ticket barrier where you boarded, that tickets were unavailable and he will sell you a ticket.

So when I get off at Connolly station I can just pay there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I think so. See S.I. No. 109/1984 — Coras Iompair Éireann Bye-Laws (Confirmation) Order, 1984. Section 4.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1984/en/si/0109.html

I believe this is the current bylaw which governs this (though I could be wrong).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its not that far of a walk to blackrock station from seapoint, there are ticket machines there

• Advertisement

its not that far of a walk to blackrock station from seapoint, there are ticket machines there

There is no need to go to another station. Board at Seapoint and pay at your destination.

That is exactly the position when there is no facility to purchase a ticket at the station you board at.

Would salthill station not be closer to you anyway?

(I know you're probably on the dart by now!)

Why are people suggesting going to a different station?

There is NO issue with boarding a DART at Seapoint after the booking office is closed without a ticket. You just pay at your destination, or, if your journey involves a change, at the station where you are connecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not everyone can walk.

KC61 wrote: »
    Why are people suggesting going to a different station?

There is NO issue with boarding a DART at Seapoint after the booking office is closed without a ticket. You just pay at your destination, or, if your journey involves a change, at the station where you are connecting.

I was only suggesting it because I think the other station is actually closer to where he lives.

You're right. There is no issue with getting on the dart if the booking office is closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

What happened to IR's unshakeable "you must have a ticket before you board the train" policy that I had to listen to over and over again when I boarded a train at an unmanned Gorey station last year.

There is no need to go to another station. Board at Seapoint and pay at your destination.

That is exactly the position when there is no facility to purchase a ticket at the station you board at.

Spot on, if this wasn't the case then everyone who boards at Broombridge is evading their fare! ;) (for those who don't know, there are no ticket facilities at Broombridge, a vending machine was once installed but ended up in the canal!)

bmaxi wrote: »
    What happened to IR's unshakeable "you must have a ticket before you board the train" policy that I had to listen to over and over again when I boarded a train at an unmanned Gorey station last year.

That only applies where there is a facility to purchase a ticket at the station before you board the train.

That has always been the case - it's just been enforced far more in the last few years.

That only applies where there is a facility to purchase a ticket at the station before you board the train.

That has always been the case - it's just been enforced far more in the last few years.

There was no facility to buy a ticket, the waiting room, where the ticket machines are, was locked and there were no staff on duty. The train was a commuter so no conductor, tell me how was one supposed to buy a ticket?
    In my case it was not necessary to buy a ticket but others were and we were all subjected to the same abuse at the ticket barrier at Connolly. "Customer Services", there's a joke, didn't want to know and kept repeating the "must have a ticket" mantra.

There was no facility to buy a ticket, the waiting room, where the ticket machines are, was locked and there were no staff on duty. The train was a commuter so no conductor, tell me how was one supposed to buy a ticket?
    In my case it was not necessary to buy a ticket but others were and we were all subjected to the same abuse at the ticket barrier at Connolly. "Customer Services", there's a joke, didn't want to know and kept repeating the "must have a ticket" mantra.

In that case "Customer Services" would (in my view) be wrong. If you cannot buy a ticket at the origin station then you pay at your destination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Not everyone can walk.

Assuming that not much has changed in the 6 months I've been away from Seapoint station, if you couldn't walk, Seapoint wasn't the station for you! ;)

In that case "Customer Services" would (in my view) be wrong. If you cannot buy a ticket at the origin station then you pay at your destination.

"Customer Services" must have a different hymn sheet.

"Customer Services" must have a different hymn sheet.

It sounds like the guy at the desk did not bother to check. This to be honest sounds like an isolated incident - there is not normally any problem in these circumstances.

It sounds like the guy at the desk did not bother to check. This to be honest sounds like an isolated incident - there is not normally any problem in these circumstances.

No, the guy at the desk didn't bother to listen and when contacted by 'phone the lady on the other end trotted out the same thing. IE just seem to have a PR problem.
    Having said all that, I have to add that in normal circumstances I have no quibble with the staff on board the trains or at the stations who are usually very helpful, I just wonder what sort of training is given to those in Customer relations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Not everyone can walk.
    dont rely on lifts in dart stations to work as they are regularly broken vandalised or simply dirty and it is easier to shut them down rather than clean them.

and i have seen people arguing at hueston station before about not being able to buy a ticket at their station and the ticket checker telling them they face being fined as they must have a ticket before boarding the train.

• Advertisement

I got tickets when I got off coming back from Dun Laoghaire from work anyway, it must be left open a little bit later on a friday evening.

Seapoint is just at the bottom of the road from where I am, 2 - 3 min walk, the Salthill & Monkstown one is a 15 min walk

draffodx wrote: »
    Seapoint is just at the bottom of the road from where I am, 2 - 3 min walk, the Salthill & Monkstown one is a 15 min walk

I didn't realise you were that far down!

How did you find town? did you find the nitelink ok?

I didn't realise you were that far down!

How did you find town? did you find the nitelink ok?

I went to Flannerys, Dicie Reillys and Whelans, was an ok night, wasn't overally impressed at all but I heard that friday is a bad night in dublin?

Couldn't find the nitelinks but it was lashing rain so I didn't look too hard, got a taxi back, cost €20 which isn't too bad

Nitelinks go from the triangle of Westmoreland Street, D'Olier Street and College Street.

Advertisement