Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issues after reformatting my pc

• 15-01-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i recently done a wipe on my pc as its was slowing to a crawl and needed a spring cleaning. Due to my impatient nature i went ahead and reformatted only to notice i couldnt find the cd's that came with the computer anywhere, for drivers ect. I was hoping you guys could suggest programs or files ill need to get to make the pc run properly. It just seems to be having trouble installing programs and running .exe files. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

is it a branded PC, for example, a dell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

sorry no i got the parts online and my uncle put it together for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

could you use your list of parts as a reference for what drivers you needed to get? chipset, audio, video etc.

Hopefully the email wasn't deleted with the order confirmation/invoice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

You could try Drivermax I think it only allows 2 driver downloads a day if you are using the Freeware version though, but it might give you a list of the drivers you need so you can get them elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

steve_ wrote: »
    Hey guys i recently done a wipe on my pc as its was slowing to a crawl and needed a spring cleaning. Due to my impatient nature i went ahead and reformatted only to notice i couldnt find the cd's that came with the computer anywhere, for drivers ect. I was hoping you guys could suggest programs or files ill need to get to make the pc run properly. It just seems to be having trouble installing programs and running .exe files. Cheers

You can get most of the drivers off the web!

Right click on the My Computer icon, then Manage, then Device Manager. You will see a question mark against any devices without drivers. Double click on the icon and select Driver. Then click on Update...

• Advertisement

In the device manager theres nothing that needs updating. I got my gpu and display drivers inplace its just im not sure if im missing some essential programs. Why certain exe's wont load iv no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Not being able to execute exes will have nothing to do with drivers.

What operating system do you have running?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

In the device manager theres nothing that needs updating. I got my gpu and display drivers inplace its just im not sure if im missing some essential programs. Why certain exe's wont load iv no idea.

Could be missing the .net runtime.

Open IE and past the following into the address bar.

javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent)

Check to see if there are entries for .NET CLR 2.0;.NET CLR 3.0; etc in the output.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Not being able to execute exes will have nothing to do with drivers.

IMO It sounds like a bad install of windows. stick the windows cd in again and try running the repair function from it.

If that doesn't work then i'd go ahead and do another fresh reinstall! :(

If you have the same problem again, then it most likely the cd that you're using is broken.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Could be missing the .net runtime.

Open IE and past the following into the address bar.

javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent)

Check to see if there are entries for .NET CLR 2.0;.NET CLR 3.0; etc in the output.

no neither of these pop up in the dialog box........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

no neither of these pop up in the dialog box........

Could try installing this. The fact that it is missing is a bit worrying though. Should come out of the box with windows. So it could well be a bad install

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=10CC340B-F857-4A14-83F5-25634C3BF043&displaylang=en

ok thank you ill install it now

i get a setup error when i try installing it......

sorry its working now i have some programs running so i turned them off and tried again

Advertisement