Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for QPR Managers job !!!

• 15-01-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Before anyone attempts to ridicule me or say im crazy I am well aware that what i'm doing is quite off the wall and its unlikely anything will happen.

This all came from me telling a friend of mine who supports QPR that Paul Hart had left his job this morning. He muttered a few swear words and said he'd do a better job. I said he should apply for the banter just to see if they replied or anything happened. So after a few minutes we both agreed we'd apply just for enjoyment and being able to have a reply an application (if I got one). That's the reason i'm doing this but im writing this thread looking for advice. I have a couple of questions and I wondered if anyone had any opinions.

1) I'm quite young and am wondering if I should edit my CV to make myself at least 18 so they don't just totally ignore it.

2) Anyone have any sort of advice about the email i'll be sending.

3) Any other tips/feedback.

Thanks Peabutler.

BTW: Some people may be of the opinion that Mick Harford is in charge, at the moment most sports websites are contradicting eachother about whether he is caretaker/full time etc so as long as it's not confirmed ont he QPR site I see it as open game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Go help your mother with the wash-up instead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Go back your FIFA 10.

Briatore sacks managers when he is in a bad mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

This was done with the Middlesbrough job some years ago and that won't be topped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Go back your FIFA 10.

Briatore sacks managers when he is in a bad mood.

Not really a consoles man TBH, thansk for the advice though. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

JPA wrote: »
    This was done with the Middlesbrough job some years ago and that won't be topped.
    Yeah, I was looking for the link but the site appears to be down

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Isn't Mick Harford taking the job.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see the end of your post about Mick Harford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

peabutler wrote: »
    Not really a consoles man TBH, thansk for the advice though. :rolleyes:

Its been done a thousand times. You will get a PFO letter from the club thanking you for your application. If thats what floats your boat, go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Work & Jobs Forum to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have rejection letter from Blackburn from 1998 when Tony Parkes was in temporary charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

gimmick wrote: »
    I have rejection letter from Blackburn from 1998 when Tony Parkes was in temporary charge.

Pictures????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Pretend your Rafa, simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Before anyone attempts to ridicule me or say im crazy I am well aware that what i'm doing is quite off the wall and its unlikely anything will happen.

This all came from me telling a friend of mine who supports QPR that Paul Hart had left his job this morning. He muttered a few swear words and said he'd do a better job. I said he should apply for the banter just to see if they replied or anything happened. So after a few minutes we both agreed we'd apply just for enjoyment and being able to have a reply an application (if I got one). That's the reason i'm doing this but im writing this thread looking for advice. I have a couple of questions and I wondered if anyone had any opinions.

1) I'm quite young and am wondering if I should edit my CV to make myself at least 18 so they don't just totally ignore it.

Thanks Peabutler.

BTW: Some people may be of the opinion that Mick Harford is in charge, at the moment most sports websites are contradicting eachother about whether he is caretaker/full time etc so as long as it's not confirmed ont he QPR site I see it as open game.

While you're at it, why don't you "assemble the crew", "hit the granny squad for a bit of training" and get cracking on "operation cheer the place up"

IT'LL BE DEADLY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Thanks Peabutler.

You may have misunderstood what QPR stands for, it's actually ''Quite Possibly Retarded''. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

You may have misunderstood what QPR stands for, it's actually ''Quite Possibly Retarded''. :D
    Quit Posting Rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Neil3030 wrote: »
    While you're at it, why don't you "assemble the crew", "hit the granny squad for a bit of training" and get cracking on "operation cheer the place up"

IT'LL BE DEADLY.

Don't tell anyone but I'm assembling a crack team of commandos to wipe the individuals responsible for this ad from the face of the earth. I reckon it's cheaper than the 17 televisions I've put my foot through since this ad started airing. For tax reasons please send donations via the usual Nigerian account.

Advertisement