Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night time views of the whole city???

• 15-01-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, anyone know any good spots for taking some pics of the city at night, from a height? I fancy trying some night time panoramas...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

Which City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

if its dublin, like i assume from your location, stephens green car park is a good spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

zoegh wrote: »
    Hey guys, anyone know any good spots for taking some pics of the city at night, from a height? I fancy trying some night time panoramas...

Try Howth Head, the bar at the Guinness storehouse, or the foothills of the mountains, south of Rathfarnham, or Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd say the Hellfire Club, but bring a friend or two, and if you've never been up before consider going up in daylight and waiting rather than making the trip up and down in the dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hey guys, sorry for my assumption that Dublin is the only city, I can't believe I did that, it's one of my pet hates...

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion... I never thought of the Stephen Green carpark, or even heard of the Hellfire Club... I want to go there now just to say I've been!!!

:D

• Advertisement

zoegh wrote: »
    even heard of the Hellfire Club... I want to go there now just to say I've been!!!

Wait for daylight, and watch out for the carpark closing times ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Whats the danger at the HellFire club? thats somewhere ive wanted to visit for ages.,:)

Masada wrote: »
    Whats the danger at the HellFire club? thats somewhere ive wanted to visit for ages.,:)

It's not danger danger, but there's two things - there are two paths up, one is a gravel "path" that meanders, the other is a track that goes straight up - both end in a field where the house is. It's very dark out there at night, and the footing can be a bit unstable - plenty of opportunities for a twisted ankle. I suggest having company with you because on occasion teenagers head up there for secret misbehavings (drinking mostly, some drugs) at night. I only ran into one bunch once up there, and they were fine, but it's a pretty isolated spot if there was trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Maybe worth organising a boards expedition?
    It's been on my list of places to visit for some time now.

If you continue further up by car from the Hellfire club there are some really great views of the city by night or on a clear day.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=113858688832837215561.00047d5b6cd6a3bd4a40d&ll=53.313647,-6.411896&spn=0.482426,1.234589&z=10

Advertisement