Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee shop recommendations

Options
  • 15-01-2010 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

I've got some time to kill later this evening and I'm looking for a coffee shop where I can relax for a while. It needs to be open until at least 8pm and located in the city center. Anywhere in the general area between Stephens Green and O'Connell St would be good.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i like the shelbourne for coffee and killing a few hours

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

irishbird wrote: »
    i like the shelbourne for coffee and killing a few hours

You big show off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Cocos opposite "Break For The BJ" on Sth William St has really good coffee.

Metro nearby is way over friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

hedgeh0g wrote: »
    Cocos opposite "Break For The BJ" on Sth William St has really good coffee.

Metro nearby is way over friendly
    Have I been missing out on something?! :(
    Never liked the place, if I'd realised there was perks for regulars, I'd have kept going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Bit late now... I didn't end up getting coffee because something came up in work. :(

Even still a place like the Shelbourne wouldn't let me in.... not that I'd want to go there! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

I was in Sandymount earlier, its wall to wall coffee shops. So many of them.

I went to a rip off French themed place called Brownes I think on the main square. 2.90 for a large americano. Was a good one though served in really nice pottery.

A pub on the corner does an Irish Stew for 5.60 with two slices of bread!
    Needless to say I had a bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Metro on South William Street.

Simon's Place on South Great George's Street.

The IFI on Eustace Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

1968 wrote: »
    Metro on South William Street.

Metro is way over the top. They love bomb you on the way in.

"High how are are you .... " in a really OTT way.

Cocos accross the road has far better coffee and atmosphere IMO and no subliminal cult brainwashing messages in their music like Metro.

1968 pls dont take my comment personal, you are probably the cult leader there anywho.

Somone I knew years back saw a page from the CoCo training manual.

"watch out for people looking fo a table, nothing worse that that lost in space feeling"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I like Metro ... their hot chocolate is delicious and it's just because we're so used to rude sullen staff that we can't tolerate a bit of friendly customer service. Fallon and Byrne is also a nice place for a coffee. The Joy of Cha in Temple Bar is also lovely and stays open late

Advertisement