Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Water!

Options
  • 15-01-2010 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

I know they are working on the pipes in Dun Laoghaire at the moment, anyone know roughly when the water is expected to return?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It said 24 hours. Then again they said that yesterday morning and mine has been gone since late Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

www.sdcc.ie
    ** Updated Friday 3:30pm, 15th January, 2010

Notice re Water Supply Restrictions Friday 15th – Monday 18th January 2010

South Dublin County Council continues to urge households to conserve water and be mindful of the published conservation notice. Water levels in the reservoirs are at a critically low level. As a result, restrictions to water supply will be necessary.

The following schedule will apply over the weekend, on Friday 15th, Saturday 16th, and Sunday 17th January.

Water supply will be restricted throughout all areas in South Dublin County from 7.00pm – 7.00am on the above dates.

This will result in loss of water pressure or a loss of water supply in all areas. Water Supply will be restored each morning from 7am. Customers should note that it will take time for the water to make its way through the network.

Customers have 24 hour storage capacity in their overhead tanks. These tanks will have been replenished each time the water is restored from 7.00am.

South Dublin County Council is monitoring the water supply situation on an ongoing basis and will provide regular updates on its website www.sdcc.ie

We regret any inconvenience caused and appreciate your ongoing support in conserving water supplies as reduced demand will assist in the restoration of supplies
    01 - 4149000
    The South Dublin County Council phone line is available for general queries in relation to water supply throughout the weekend.

01-4574907
    The emergency number is available for emergencies and reporting of burst water mains and leakages.

Totally screwed for people whose system has airlocked and their tank isn't filling up and people who work late/at nights are even more screwed. Not everyone goes asleep at 11AM Mister Council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I suppose they're still blaming those people who left taps dripping during the freeze. I'd love to see how much of this is due to shoddy mains maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Keep an eye on this website, http://dlremergencyupdates.blogspot.com/

Other than that ~ dont eat yellow snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Still no water here, above Dun Laoghaire, which is fun.. Raining cats, dogs, frogs.. outside.

I don't drive, can't get to the tankers.. and the weather doesn't encourage walking to the Tesco..

The 'update' on the blog doesn't seem to match what is happening in the Killiney\Dalkey area. It seemed to be due back sometime tonight.

I am in a stone throwing mood. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Just onto DLRCOCO. Could be without water for 7-10 days:mad::mad:
    Apparently saval road and ballinclea area have the worst pipes in the county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Get on the blower and bend this guy's ear about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

beco wrote: »
    Just onto DLRCOCO. Could be without water for 7-10 days:mad::mad:
    Apparently saval road and ballinclea area have the worst pipes in the county.
    It starts off at Killiney ave and ends up going down the footpath next to Bonos! I was out walking today.
    Loads of work signs up, but nothing in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I had none when I got back to the flat last night and none this morning at half 8 and me leaving for work.

Was working friday evening but had none all day Saturday.

Anyone else in Monkstown suffering as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

in Ratharnham butterfield have cold water only runnin from kitchen tap. could run this all day as never went off. no water in bathroom at all through shower. must be time for this to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

greenman09 wrote: »
    in Ratharnham butterfield have cold water only runnin from kitchen tap. could run this all day as never went off. no water in bathroom at all through shower. must be time for this to work.

Same here in Monkstown last night but water is off again this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

someone told me it had something to do with the tank in the attic. is there anything i can do or is it a waitin game no hot water for nearly a week is very annoyin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Mine is a mixture of either a) absolutely no f***king water whatsoever, or c) cold tap water, or c) hot tap water. I think the overhead tank thing only applies to certain buildings so it depends on where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

And some more info here

My boiler has stopped working. Seems the water pressure affects how it works.
    All beyond my understanding.

Good luck.

Advertisement