Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Prospects for a Diploma in Adult Psychology from Kilroys College, Dublin

Options
  • 15-01-2010 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Someone I know want to back to school. She wants a qualification that will allow her to get a decent job. Shes thinking about doing the Psychology diploma course with Kilroys College. Please advise as to what kind of work she can get armed with this diploma. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

steve_oh wrote: »
    Please advise as to what kind of work she can get armed with this diploma. Thanks

Think about it - it's an online course, with no classroom based activities, no final exam and the award is a diploma given by Kilroys themselves.

While I have no experience in the field of psychology, I would say the diploma is little more than an introduction to the subject with not a hope in hell of giving you anything that would get you a job in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

Don't be fooled by the term "Diploma", yes it sounds impressive but Kilroy's Diploma is not recognised on the National Framework of Qualifications (afaik). http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=15
    In order to get a decent job, you really would need a course that is on the nfq. If you are interested in Psychology as a profession you would probably need a degree in it.
    Doing the Kilroy's Diploma will give you a taste for Psychology and you can see how much you like it and if you would like to go further with it. While you might not get a job with this course, it could be of benefit or an advantage to you should you decide to apply as a Mature Student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

If you want to study Psychology part time through distance learning and have a recognised qualification at the end, I would suggest looking at the Open University. I don't think a Kilroys diploma will get you anywhere with employment in the field.

http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/psychology/index.htm

Advertisement