Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game soundtracks for sale?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

Where in Ireland can I find a shop that has a good selection of games soundtracks? I'd like to have more choice, especially since there are quite a number of bootlegs online.

Every so often, I see Halo 2 and 3's soundtracks in HMV, but that's not quite good enough!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Mr. K wrote: »
    Where in Ireland can I find a shop that has a good selection of games soundtracks? I'd like to have more choice, especially since there are quite a number of bootlegs online.

Every so often, I see Halo 2 and 3's soundtracks in HMV, but that's not quite good enough!

there is quite a few game STs on itunes for sale. prices are not terrible for the most part.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You're better off buying online tbh, you'd be lucky to find a B&M store with a decent selection...
    Afaik play-asia only stock genuine products, but I could be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I've bought plenty of games soundtracks from YesAsia.com and PlayAsia, they're definitely genuine products. I doubt you'd find any Irish retailer that stocks game soundtracks. Surprised they even had Halo in HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

PlayAsia are expensive though! Thanks for your input guys, I suspected as much. I want the Black Mages albums, they're suspiciously cheap on eBay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

€20 with free shipping is expensive? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Metal Gear Solid's soundtrack is well up there imo...great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I would stick with Ebay,just research the feedback of any sellers most are legit,even at the surpisingly low prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

SumthingDigital is a great site for game soundtracks, and completely DRM free, which is fantastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I wish there was more of a market for game soundtracks in Ireland. The games soundtrack sections in Japanese record stores are larger than some of the rock/pop sections over here (there is something deeply satisfying finding a wide range of Phoenix Wright soundtracks when browsing :)). Don't know if I've ever seen a stray game soundtrack over here (Halo might creep in there occasionally).

More publishers should follow Atlus' (i.e. the world's best publisher) example and include the OSTs with games. It makes sense - if there isn't a market for OSTs, you should just distribute them with the games, or at least even a download link.

Cheers for the Sumthing Digital link, looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I wish there was more of a market for game soundtracks in Ireland. The games soundtrack sections in Japanese record stores are larger than some of the rock/pop sections over here (there is something deeply satisfying finding a wide range of Phoenix Wright soundtracks when browsing :)). Don't know if I've ever seen a stray game soundtrack over here (Halo might creep in there occasionally).

More publishers should follow Atlus' (i.e. the world's best publisher) example and include the OSTs with games. It makes sense - if there isn't a market for OSTs, you should just distribute them with the games, or at least even a download link.

Cheers for the Sumthing Digital link, looks good!

More depressing when you see film soundtracks toping charts too, they are just compilations of several artists pre-existing work with a film title slapped on the cover FFS.

Tried that Sumthing link, no Metal Gear Solid I could find :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Definately better off going online or through iTunes. You can try to ask in some stores if they will order particular soundtracks for you. That may be how a HMV had them - they were ordered but then the customer didn't collect...

HMV in C.S.C., Limerick got a Halo ODST in for a customer a few weeks back ;)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Here's the whole SF2 HD remix soundtrack for free if you're interested

http://ocremix.org/info/OC_ReMix:_Super_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo_HD_Remix_Official_Soundtrack

No.9 , Kens theme is by far the best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I have bought 3 FF soundtracks of Ebay, Gothpunk had a lend of them for a while, if they are not real then I really am none the wiser.

Advertisement