Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.5" media player?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 7:31pm

I'm looking for a good quality 2.5" media player with hard drive. My thinking is I can take it out and about and use it for storing files portably. I could then go home and hook it up to the tv. The only thing I can find are those cheap enclosures on eBay from Chinese sellers...is there a good quality alternative with a hard drive included? I also know about the WDTV.....but I'd be happy with DivX/XviD SD support only

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Try this

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60&products_id=359

From MP4 Nation which is a trustworthy, Reliable and non-expensive site.

Theres no internal storage but has 1080p output, HDMI, A remote, Plenty of format support.

Only downside is these players are sourced from China so there may be firmware issues.

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭foggers

Hi,
    I got one of these recently from this crowd.........

http://tvtrade.ie/show/303,HD-Media-Player

Plays everything I have tried so far. It's high def aswell. It's got a hdmi and toslink out aswell as the normal component(red,yellow,white). Great little device. Have added my own 320GB 2.5" HDD onto it. Not sure how big of a HDD it will recognise, you could google this. Got this and the 3m hdmi cable for around €101. The guy who runs the site is based in Portarlington and allows collection(which I did) but the shipping is not expensive ether. Think it was €5 + vat for shipping. Have a look and see what you think. I checked around and he seemed to be the cheapest if you can collect, pretty much on a par with most others if shipped.

Oh, yeah, the firmware upgrade is on the western digital site. Mine had v1.2, version 1.3 is available for download on the site. Upgrading is nice and easy, takes about 5 mins to upgrade.

Advertisement