Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welch Allyn Diagnostic Sets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭charlieroot

So what did you go with in the end? I'm looking for a oto/ophthalmo -scope set at the moment - any recommendations? anything to avoid? best places to buy? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

You'll use these sets for about a week each at most during your undergraduate career, and for a 15 minute exam as well. Handiest thing is to borrow one from someone in the years above you.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭charlieroot

Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean, but I'm thinking that if I don't have 'em I won't use 'em and when I need to use 'em I won't know how.

Being pro-active :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

A classmate in medsoc arranged a bulk buy of aound 75 sets, the majority of which were the Welch Allyn with macroview. I think the final price was approx 220 euro from an Irish distributor. I'm glad I got mine, although that may have something to do with being on my one week ophthalmology attachment. I'll also be busy using it for the OSCE next month and in June. After that I suspect it'll be gathering a lot of dust in my room. As Vorsprung said, if you can borrow one, do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean, but I'm thinking that if I don't have 'em I won't use 'em and when I need to use 'em I won't know how.

Being pro-active :)

If you want to practice, and you're struggling to borrow one, the ENT/Ophthalmology ward will a couple knocking around. Failing that, go down to ED and there'll be a couple there. Don't rob them though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NoreenFitz

Hello, hello! I have just set-up a medical supplies company and hope I can help, we supply the Welch Allyn brand and our price at the moment for a Otoscope set is €129 + vat, while the diagnostic set (otoscope & ophthalmoscope) is retailing for approximately €245 + vat. The Macroview Otoscope really is King though as it has a 30% greater magnification and because you have twice the field of view and the ability to adjust the focus yuu nearly have full view of the tympanic membrane. A diagnostic set with marcoview & ophthalmoscope costs approximately €665 + vat. If you have any queries drop me a line or check out my website fitzmedicalsupplies.ie
    The only thing about Welch Allyn is you'll have them for alot of your career though they tend to suffer the same fate as a pen in the surgery - someone keeps walking off with it! The 3M Littmann Stethoscope & Welch Allyn Set will be with you a very long time if you do decide to invest and as a potential customer in the future, I'ld be happy to look at pricing for you:) Hope this helps, Noreen

Advertisement