Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A FTA system with 12 movie channels and Setanta Sport News?

• 15-01-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Got a flyer today for a FTA setup which promises the above, I wasn't aware of any FTA that included a dozen English language (as I have to assume they are) film channels unless the provider is cheekily including +1 channels. Setanta Sport News doesn't even exist anymore does it?

Mine for just €299 €199

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

i don't see you making 12 without the +1 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

No such system with 12 free movie channels and setenta sports news is indeed gone out of business, so I would imagine its some sort of illegal box myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

How funny would it be if he were to get loads of calls with the same "argument" if the flyer "accidentally" got posted on lets say a Satellite forum :D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

movies for men, true movies, film 4, blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

Wizard007 wrote: »
    How funny would it be if he were to get loads of calls with the same "argument" if the flyer "accidentally" got posted on lets say a Satellite forum :D:eek:

oh yea I like your thinking. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

1. Film 4
    2. Film 4 + 1
    3. True Movies
    4. True Movies 2
    5. Movies 4 Men
    6. Movies 4 Men 2
    7. Movies 4 Men + 1
    8. Movies 4 Men 2 + 2
    9. Movies 24
    10. Movies 24+

2 more to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

steveon wrote: »
    No such system with 12 free movie channels and setenta sports news is indeed gone out of business, so I would imagine its some sort of illegal box myself...

No I guess it a FTA box noting illegal about it I take it SS News was FTA now it's gone so the list is out of date.

Calling what you get on FTA movie channels is a push.:D

I think it would be no harm at all. It's miserable outside, it would amuse us for a while.

Sure, look at it as research :p

jhegarty wrote: »
    1. Film 4
    2. Film 4 + 1
    3. True Movies
    4. True Movies 2
    5. Movies 4 Men
    6. Movies 4 Men 2
    7. Movies 4 Men + 1
    8. Movies 4 Men 2 + 2
    9. Movies 24
    10. Movies 24+

2 more to find.

Horror channel and ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ranicand wrote: »
    I take it SS News was FTA

It was FTV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

1. Film 4
    2. Film 4 + 1
    3. True Movies
    4. True Movies 2
    5. Movies 4 Men
    6. Movies 4 Men 2
    7. Movies 4 Men + 1
    8. Movies 4 Men 2 + 2
    9. Movies 24
    10. Movies 24+

2 more to find.

Film 24

And is there one called simply movies?

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It was FTV

The box they were selling must have been a Sky Box with a UK FTV card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Are those "Zone" channels classed as movies??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

1. Film 4
    2. Film 4 + 1
    3. True Movies
    4. True Movies 2
    5. Movies 4 Men
    6. Movies 4 Men 2
    7. Movies 4 Men + 1
    8. Movies 4 Men 2 + 2
    9. Movies 24
    10. Movies 24+

2 more to find.
    Movies 24 isn't FTA.

9. Film 24
    10. Zone Horror
    11. Zone Horror +1
    12. Simply Movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Simply Movies is dead (as is Setanta Sport News) so I'm guessing, its a flyer thats simply hasn't been updated in some months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Simply movies no longer exists.

mike65 wrote: »
    Simply Movies is dead (as is Setanta Sport News) so I'm guessing, its a flyer thats simply hasn't been updated in some months.

I honestly think you should show us the flyer :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FTAflyer.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I st name and a mobile number, a hotamil email, very professional. I'd advise anyone using this guy to ask to see his public liability insurance.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

AFAIK This guy is based down in Rosslare. The Add and name and number sounds familar to an Add a friend of mine who is also in this buisness saw.

• Advertisement

Fair play to you Mike.

I rang him, didn't argue, just took the info he gave me.

He said it's a Freesat box. I asked ( acting dumb - no comments please :p ) was RTE available on the box and he said not at the moment, but it will be available on the Freesat box in 2012.

I asked about Satanta Sports News and he said, yes, it's available on the box along with 120 other channels.

It's just clicked with me who it is. The email and first name give it away. They used to be Sky Agents.

Wizard007 wrote: »
    It's just clicked with me who it is. The email and first name give it away. They used to be Sky Agents.

That's right used to be Sky agents

scaller wrote: »
    That's right used to be Sky agents

Think I can guess why they are no longer sky agents :)

According to this guy The 4 irish channels will be on freesat in 2012.
    Now that's just our luck we all would love to have the Irish channels free on satellite
    But as we all know the world will end on December 21st 2012.
    So really this guy can only give a 2 year warranty on what he is installing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Used to be Sky agents,their offices closed last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

they can't even spell never mind get the info right on the channels available!

staker wrote: »
    Used to be Sky agents,their offices closed last year.

I knew i heard of this crowd supreme satellites before. I found this about them today Not good at all i must say
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58637067#post58637067

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

they can't even spell never mind get the info right on the channels available!
    Yip "Loose channels" whatever that means.Probably some swinger sex channels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sammy99

Mod Edit: Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

You registered just to plug a business... hmmm....

sammy99 wrote: »
    Hi
    Im from kilkenny and got this box from this company about 2 months ago its the best money i ever spent and there are 12 movie channels on it cbs action which has great movies on it and there is the zone thriller too. Setanta sports news wasnt on the flier i got so maybe that one was out of date. But he did tell me that the rte channels are going digital around 2012-2014. I found their service very good and the job was done well and tidy no probs, my neighbour also got it in seems they are doing alot of business, so fair play to them.id recommend them again anyway.

What is the name of the receiver box you got installed

This Guy travelled all the way from Rosslare co Wexford to Kilkenny to install a free to air. I wonder will he call back if something goes wrong.?????????????

Hi
    Im from kilkenny and got this box from this company about 2 months ago its the best money i ever spent and there are 12 movie channels on it cbs action which has great movies on it and there is the zone thriller too. Setanta sports news wasnt on the flier i got so maybe that one was out of date. But he did tell me that the rte channels are going digital around 2012-2014. I found their service very good and the job was done well and tidy no probs, my neighbour also got it in seems they are doing alot of business, so fair play to them.id recommend them again anyway.

That is a fab new shiney name you have there. :)

Sammy99
    What is the name of the receiver box you got installed.
    Could you name the 12 movie channels also.

Mod Edit: Banned

Banned from here to Probably Self pimping

• Advertisement

I see our banned Supreme satellite systems guy have an add in Echo newspapers in co Wexford advertising 100+ free channels. including 11 great movie channels.
    Also he is Irelands Largest supplier. and he is the cheapest in Ireland GUARANTEED at €199

Also he is Irelands Largest supplier.

Does it have a photo of him to prove that claim? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Originally Posted by sammy99
    Hi
    Im from kilkenny and got this box from this company about 2 months ago its the best money i ever spent and there are 12 movie channels on it cbs action which has great movies on it and there is the zone thriller too. Setanta sports news wasnt on the flier i got so maybe that one was out of date. But he did tell me that the rte channels are going digital around 2012-2014. I found their service very good and the job was done well and tidy no probs, my neighbour also got it in seems they are doing alot of business, so fair play to them.id recommend them again anyway

Yea its called the Digital switchover, starts in 2012 if im not mistaken:D:D

Tony wrote: »
    Does it have a photo of him to prove that claim? :)

HA HA.
    No the add is similar to the flyer he had going around. I was only told yesterday from a person enquiring about Free to air/ Freesat and the Irish Terristrial channels that this Guy is saying that the Irish Channels will be on Freesat in 2012.
    It sounds like this guy is crash course Satellite dish installer Probably on the Sky bandwagon who dosen't know 1 end of an Aerial from the other

He should be very careful, if he trys to sell to someone who knows their stuff and they decide to report him he could be in a lot of hot water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

He should be very careful, if he trys to sell to someone who knows their stuff and they decide to report him he could be in a lot of hot water.

This issue is a problem for a lot of consumers, who exactly do you report them to and what actions can be taken against this company? Its a bit of a grey area this is it not, there is no regulatory body or really anything that can be done. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Finne1993 wrote: »
    This issue is a problem for a lot of consumers, who exactly do you report them to and what actions can be taken against this company? Its a bit of a grey area this is it not, there is no regulatory body or really anything that can be done. Or maybe I'm missing something?

It is a grey area I agree. When he says things like RTE will be on Freesat and takes money on that basis is that not straight out fraud?

It is a grey area I agree. When he says things like RTE will be on Freesat and takes money on that basis is that not straight out fraud?

Fraud maybe but as I say who is going to do anything about this? I doubt the guards would heed anyone who reported this, thats my point.
    I'm certainly not in favour of another regulatory body being set up as a lot of these bodies are crippling this country and some were just created for "jobs for the boys" but what else can be done?
    The simple answer is nothing IMO, All he would have to do is shut up shop in his area, change the company name and mobile number and operate in some other part of the country and con some other poor unfortunates and the cycle would start again.
    Great country this huh?

Finne1993 wrote: »
    Fraud maybe but as I say who is going to do anything about this? I doubt the guards would heed anyone who reported this, thats my point.

Yes its a fair point but I would not want to be in his position, he may well unknowingly try to sell to a guard who happend to be in a bad mood. Anyway thats another days discussion.

he may well unknowingly try to sell to a guard who happened to be in a bad mood.

:D:D:D:D

With a bit of luck!!

I see now this guy http://www.supremesatellites.com/default.html is saying that there is 14 movie channels free to air http://www.supremesatellites.com/upload/Supreme%20Satellite%20(1).pdf

Cheapest in Ireland huh??? guaranteed!!??
    Well I can guarantee him one thing, its most definately not the cheapest in Ireland, I've seen it advertised in different areas around the country for prices between €169 and €300. He is €30 dearer than the cheapest I've seen anyway.

I know of some Installers Sky subcontractors who buy the Ross kit For €50 and sell and install it for €140 which is €60 cheaper than this crowd.
    It seems this crowd have jumped on the digital switch over bandwagon. Telling people that the Irish channels will be free on satellite in 2011/2012 tell's me that they dont know the differance between a VHF and UHF aerial Probably a 2 day crash course sky dish installer. All the local long term Aerial riggers/Satellite tv installers in co Wexford know each other and none of us ever heard of this crowd up til recently. I have seen a lot of guys come and go in this buisness since Sky digital went big in 2000.
    I also doubt that this crowd are using branded Freesat boxes installed For €199 more like a cheap budget free to air kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭AstralTV

originally posted 10/12/2008

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055435205

Hi everyone I hope someone can help. In september this yr i had sky plus installed by a company called supreme satellite systems in cork I think they work under digital direct. The problem is the record will only work if im watchin the channel I cant watch any other channed I've bn onto this company several times and just get fobbed off every time has anyone else had any problems or dealings with this company???I need some advice if anyone can offer some,

looks like they have moved from Cork to Wexford,

AstralTV wrote: »

looks like they have moved from Cork to Wexford,

And closer to the Ferry it seems for a quick getaway

• Advertisement
Advertisement