Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A FTA system with 12 movie channels and Setanta Sport News?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

First takes advantage of digital switch over and now Skys push of HD.People would be easily confused by HD+ with no more bills and think they're getting Sky HD. As far as I know aren't there only a couple of fta HD channels available.Clever marketing or devious on his/their part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You can get BBC/ITV/C4 HD with the appropriate FTA box now, the rest are Sky afaik.

Just did a quick search,seems you need a sky card for C4 HD. Channel 5 HD was mentioned aswell,meant to be on air in July. We're back to 2 fta channels,hardly worth splashing out 449 quid.Wonder how many people will take up the Supreme Family Pack with HD+? I'd rather go to a reputable installer that has a name in the business than a guy that jumps on the 1st bandwagon where theres a quick buck to be made. Changed phone number hardly breeds confidence as well as guys in the trade not hearing about Supreme til lately.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Over the last ten years i have seen a lot of so called Satellite dish installers come and go in this trade. It's guys like this that come out of the woodwork when they see a quick money to be made that will eventually destroy the TV trade. I wonder how many of thoses guys who have these cheapish looking Flyers posted up spreading Lies and coming up with weird names to describe Satellite tv are actually pay Tax and have the proper training and Insurance to carry out an Install.

Word of mouth is BAD for Buisness.

Pity theres no way to stop cowboys reinventing themselves.A quick name change or service advertised and viola they're back.As you said gives the good guys a bad name.This crowd gone from Sky to fta and on Hd bandwagon now.Be interesting when Irish DTT rolled out. Oh wait he's ahead of the game there-"On freesat soon" lol:D

Wonder has this guy stood back and looked at his logo :D:D:D

Must be back in business,the website is back up.http://www.supremesatellites.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

The competition must be really worried that hes back :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Complain to ASAI. Claims to be
    We are Ireland's largest supplier of Free to Air Satellite Tv and therefore we have the most competitive prices on the market.
    Extremely unlikely.

I can see installers all over the country running scared:):) Interesting running a nationwide service from Rosslare-it'd be an expensive trip to install a FTA system in Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Every time I get an email update from this thread I think to myself "what the fudge, are they back again!?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

zerks wrote: »
    Must be back in business,the website is back up.http://www.supremesatellites.com/

Is it just me or does the flier pdf on that site look an awful lot like a Dunnes ad?

Contacted a mate of mine who lives down that way and he heard the guy running it was selling cakes at the moment.:rolleyes:

zerks wrote: »
    Contacted a mate of mine who lives down that way and he heard the guy running it was selling cakes at the moment.:rolleyes:

I heard that too he is selling cakes at the market out at Drinagh in Wexford town.

[url]www.supremespongecakes.com:D[/url] That's a bit of a change from Sky agent to FTA fitter and now cakes.What will happen when DSO gets into full swing? There will be some cowboys popping up then and be left to the decent installers to clean up the mess afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Says on the webiste that it is nation wide, wonder if he will set one up on Inis Mor for 199 euro. :p

I was told today that this supreme guy is using this crowd www.sdi.ie to do his installs. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055753371
    as the old saying goes Birds of a Feather flock Together.

Anybody get to the market in Drinagh today to try out the cakes or a bit of FTA?

I hear that Supreme Satellite Systems are no longer installing satellite tv(for now).The confectionery trade must be more profitable or less technical.If my info is correct it means one less unscrupulous 'company' flooding the market.
    On another note can we continue this thread without pointless arguing that got a similar thread closed.

• Advertisement

Or we could all ask bk, icdg or marclt nicely to close it now before we look like idiots again.

Watty i would rather this thread stay open.

There is that. :(

I'm only in charge of my own keyboard...
    but some suggestions, feel free to ignore

- Only constructive suggestions
    - Don't feed trolls. Especially expert ones.
    - No racial comments. Some of my best assistants, co-workers and bosses were not Irish.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Look, I'm not closing one thread for the battle to be continued elsewhere. I'll leave this thread open on the condition that people follow Watty's very good suggestions in the post above, and people keep away from the bold, italic, underline, and Caps Lock key. If people can't keep to this, and leave the pettiness behind in the last thread, this thread gets closed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gerkian

scaller wrote: »
    Word of Mouth is Good and Bad Advertising.

As i said before none of us local installers here in Co Wexford heard of this Derek fella or Supremesatellites until a few months ago. We reckon he has jumped on the Digital switch over band wagon. And this crowd dont Know one end of an Aerial from another thats why he is telling people that the Irish stations will be free on Satellite.

Ive also been tricked by this Derek guy. When i rang his no its gone. Must ve gone out of business. My tv has sound now without picture. Anyone have any ideas??

If it's Irish Channels that have sound and no pictures see : http://www.saortv.info/terrestrial-saorview/saorview-reception/

If it's UK channels, then you need to "rescan" on your Satellite Receiver in the Set up or Installation menu.

• Advertisement

Thanks for replying but unfortunately when i turn on the box the screen including the menu are in blackness so i cant rescan.

Id say ill have to buy another from a reputable seller this time. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

It's unclear from your post what's wrong exactly. Is your TV functioning at all?

Or is it the case that your TV has sound from a satellite receiver but no picture? If that is the case, then check the SCART leads. If the SCART is incorrectly in place, or loose, this can occur.

I have checked the scart lead and it doesnt make any difference.

TV is working fine on irish stations. Wonder is it a setting on the free to view box but problem is i cant see the set up to change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

gerkian wrote: »
    I have checked the scart lead and it doesnt make any difference.

TV is working fine on irish stations. Wonder is it a setting on the free to view box but problem is i cant see the set up to change it.

Does the satellite receiver respond when you change channels on the remote? i.e. can you hear the channels changing?

If yes, then try a different SCART - this is still the most likely problem.

What is the model of the receiver?

Ya i can hear the channels change when i change them on remote. Will definetly try a new scart lead thanks.

Im not home at mo so do not know make of box but i will check and let you know how the scart lead goes.

Thanks for the info,:o

• Advertisement

Sounds like faulty SCART

buy FAT one rather than gold, gold is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

gerkian wrote: »
    Thanks for replying but unfortunately when i turn on the box the screen including the menu are in blackness so i cant rescan.

Id say ill have to buy another from a reputable seller this time. :(

www.ISAA.tv the way forward.

Regards,

Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sorry for the bump, this ad in the Waterford people caught my eye today.

Tv4FREE.jpg

Sure enough, they are talking through their hat.

http://www.tv4free.ie/channel_list.html

Horror Channel listed twice, Open Access channels both gone (and screening a couple of out of copyright films does not make a movie channel), World Movies gone, and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not just on movies that the site is inaccurate - Men & Motors and Real Estate TV are long gone too, and there's a few more that I haven't noticed coming in on scans (NutsTV?).

FREEVIEW SATELLITE. that tells you what knowledge this crowd have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭AstralTV

way overpriced also

Advertisement