Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed new rifle range in Clare....

Options
  • 15-01-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Haven't, as yet, seen this posted.
    Any information about this new (proposed) range? It seems that this is at an advanced stage & will initially cater for 100, 200 & 300m rifle shooting with plenty of scope to facilitate another 500/600m range.
    The operator/owner is well connected & well known in shooting circles.
    I've walked the site myself & it's ideal.

It would be great to have a decent range facility in the mid west - it's a long trek to Castlemaine or the midlands from Limerick for example & I wish the new venture well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

out of curiosity - what part of Clare is it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭guns4fun

sounds great we badly need a range this side of the country,,the rest are too far away,even the one in limerick which is only 50m.
    any idea of location or if it will cater for pistol and small bore rifle???

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

any more info on this one,,,location etc????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Another facility catering for longer range target shooting would be a great thing. Particularly if there was some National Competition Circuit / League going.

At the mo', the only options we (i.e. long-range target shooters) have are MNSCI and An Riocht Castlemaine, AFAIK - B'Kinler is tricky to get to and in to IMHO (Anyone seen the truckload of paperwork that has to be filled in for NI / PSNI / and UKMoD clearance? - bloody hell, makes the FAC forms look easy!;))

So any other ranges which open and can help support the longterm development of long-range shooting sports must be a welcome addition to be greeted with open-arms and fully supported!:)

It would be fantastic to have open competitions at all the ranges - Competition and Cameraderie always make for a good days shooting.:D

So best of luck to whoever may be pushing ahead with this one in Clare. I hope it all comes to pass successfully.

(Now, does anyone want to open a 1000m range in the Phoenix Park, oh please.....:rolleyes:....that would be sooooo good!:D)

dC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭guns4fun

heard today thats its supposed to be in tulla,,no more info regarding names etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shanmoll308

Any more information on this new range out there lads..anyone...anyone.

Shanmoll308.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

I have done some research on this one and can only tell you the following.
    phoned a gun dealer in tulla,cos thats where a previous poster said it was.
    he gave me a name and number of a guy in ennis who is involved in shooting and might know.
    he told me that he is trying to set up a clay pidgeon facility in the tulla area but its at a very early stage and might not even be ready this year as planning has to be sorted and all the other stuff.
    he has heard nothing about a rifle range anywhere in clare.

so folks its back to square one again.
    anyone with info please post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The only other person who was looking at setting up in Clare that I can speak of was me.And that isnt going to happen now.Due the fooling around andfecking about of the powers that be with the firearms laws.
    Not to mind the world financial situation.I lost the investors from outside Ireland.Who were willing to put up some very substantial monies for this project which would have given us the first indoor 30 meter range here in the West.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

sorry to hear that, grizzly45
    That's a real pity.:(

Advertisement