Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Indian Restaurant/takeaway in Naas

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

going to try this place out this evening.
    will be going early=about 6 - 6.30.
    lets hope i enjoy it as much as the folk on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Just to bump this thread up a bit, I thought I'd give a brief description of our meal, enjoyed last Sunday (fathers day).

Myself and my wife were accompanied by 7 other adults and a toddler.
    We were welcomed into the restaurant by Josh with his usual charm, and shown to our table, (incidentally there was a nice crowd in that particular evening)
    The nine adults (myself included) were given the best service one could expect to receive in any five star hotel! The toddler was provided with a baby chair that was the same height as a normal chair but with the small plastic piece on the front to put his plate etc.
    I opted for meat samosas and once again went for the half lamb/chicken chilli masala which was out of this world! The spices were spot on, with an explosion of flavours once chewed. The meat was simply melt in the mouth and the sauce clung to the meat! The naan bread, once again was some of the best I've ever eaten, (especially the coriander garlic and onion naan)
    The rest of the adults enjoyed their meals (5 of which were first time visitors and ALL vowed to return pretty soon)
    The dinner was followed by desert for some (I couldn't possibly have managed desert as I totally pigged out lol) the few who actually managed desert were very impressed (the homemade icecream is to die for) and then we all enjoyed tea/coffee!

We never felt rushed, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, and our drinks were replenished/refilled quickly and without fuss!

Now for the unbelievable bit.....

9 fully grown adults= 9 x starters
    9 x main dishes
    7 x pilau rice, 1 x boiled and 1 x fried rice
    2 x chips
    2 x g.o.c naan and 1 x plain naan
    Wine, beer, soft drinks etc.... (a few of us, including me had 2 or 3 beers)
    Desert for nine (although not all wanted any it was included in price)
    And tea and coffe for 9.......

The bill was just over €190!

This thread should be moved to bargain alerts!!!!
    Honest to God, this restaurant is one of the best in KILDARE, never mind Naas!

If you like Indian grub, you'd be a fool to spend your hard earned cash anywhere else!

If you want a restaurant with beautiful, modern surroundings, attentive and friendly staff, and most importantly, you want fresh, tasty and authentic Indian food, you need to get to Swapnas, and you need to get there NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

eaten twice now and both times its being brillant.

1st time was a sat evening.neither my wife or me ordered a starter as we were going top have a side order and nan and rice with our main course.
    the waiter brought us a sample starter free of charge=a good start.
    the garlic nan bread was one of the best ive ever eaten.
    the service was very good,when paying the bill we were asked how we came to dine here and when i replied i heard about the resturant on boards.ie the guy gave a big laugh.

2nd time was last sunday about 4.30.nobody there when we arrived,about 10 people when we leaving.
    we had the sunday lunch special.
    starter
    beer/wine/soft drink
    main course
    rice/nan/chips
    desert
    tea/coffee
    all of this for 18.95

cant wait for my 3rd visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 somebane

Gucky wrote: »
    Just to bump this thread up a bit, I thought I'd give a brief description of our meal, enjoyed last Sunday (fathers day).

Myself and my wife were accompanied by 7 other adults and a toddler.
    We were welcomed into the restaurant by Josh with his usual charm, and shown to our table, (incidentally there was a nice crowd in that particular evening)
    The nine adults (myself included) were given the best service one could expect to receive in any five star hotel! The toddler was provided with a baby chair that was the same height as a normal chair but with the small plastic piece on the front to put his plate etc.
    I opted for meat samosas and once again went for the half lamb/chicken chilli masala which was out of this world! The spices were spot on, with an explosion of flavours once chewed. The meat was simply melt in the mouth and the sauce clung to the meat! The naan bread, once again was some of the best I've ever eaten, (especially the coriander garlic and onion naan)
    The rest of the adults enjoyed their meals (5 of which were first time visitors and ALL vowed to return pretty soon)
    The dinner was followed by desert for some (I couldn't possibly have managed desert as I totally pigged out lol) the few who actually managed desert were very impressed (the homemade icecream is to die for) and then we all enjoyed tea/coffee!

We never felt rushed, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, and our drinks were replenished/refilled quickly and without fuss!

Now for the unbelievable bit.....

9 fully grown adults= 9 x starters
    9 x main dishes
    7 x pilau rice, 1 x boiled and 1 x fried rice
    2 x chips
    2 x g.o.c naan and 1 x plain naan
    Wine, beer, soft drinks etc.... (a few of us, including me had 2 or 3 beers)
    Desert for nine (although not all wanted any it was included in price)
    And tea and coffe for 9.......

The bill was just over €190!

This thread should be moved to bargain alerts!!!!
    Honest to God, this restaurant is one of the best in KILDARE, never mind Naas!

If you like Indian grub, you'd be a fool to spend your hard earned cash anywhere else!

If you want a restaurant with beautiful, modern surroundings, attentive and friendly staff, and most importantly, you want fresh, tasty and authentic Indian food, you need to get to Swapnas, and you need to get there NOW!

Nice review Gucky!! I cant believe we have missed each other yet again. We were there on Saturday night and had the ususl high class meal. The next thing in walks the bould Mr Niall Quinn and his gorgeous wife!! The word is out, so those of you who have not given this gem of a restaurant a go better do so, and dont delay!! It will be a case of (who do you know) to get a table in the restaurant pretty soon. Good to see you are trying chips with the chilli masala, it realy works! Have you heard from Gregsor, I havent seen him and his family for a while.

somebane wrote: »
    Nice review Gucky!! I cant believe we have missed each other yet again. We were there on Saturday night and had the ususl high class meal. The next thing in walks the bould Mr Niall Quinn and his gorgeous wife!! The word is out, so those of you who have not given this gem of a restaurant a go better do so, and dont delay!! It will be a case of (who do you know) to get a table in the restaurant pretty soon. Good to see you are trying chips with the chilli masala, it realy works! Have you heard from Gregsor, I havent seen him and his family for a while.

Ah Frank, I should have mentioned it as I knew we would be going there from the previous Friday evening!
    Josh was telling me about Niall Quinn and the wife dropping in!

The word must definitely be out, as their was close to 50 + with bums on seats when we were leaving!
    Some of my party had never been in Swapna before (all from south Dublin) all were raving about how tasty the food was, and indeed one of the couples will be returning there this evening for a rosemantic meal for 2 they enjoyed it so much!

Haven't seen nor heard of Gregsor in quite a while either, although I think he recently posted on another thread ref vandalism.

We really should organise this curry and beer night some time soon.....

Lads only, or bring the other halves too???(bear in mind my wifes 7 months pregnant lol)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Ah Frank, I should have mentioned it as I knew we would be going there from the previous Friday evening!
    Josh was telling me about Niall Quinn and the wife dropping in!

The word must definitely be out, as their was close to 50 + with bums on seats when we were leaving!
    Some of my party had never been in Swapna before (all from south Dublin) all were raving about how tasty the food was, and indeed one of the couples will be returning there this evening for a rosemantic meal for 2 they enjoyed it so much!

Haven't seen nor heard of Gregsor in quite a while either, although I think he recently posted on another thread ref vandalism.

We really should organise this curry and beer night some time soon.....

Lads only, or bring the other halves too???(bear in mind my wifes 7 months pregnant lol)

Still here buddy,no that vandalism thread i was posting to jesus it`s over 10 years ago now when i used to live in Riverforest in Leixlip,bad memory tbh.

I`m still having the weekly dose of good Indian food though i have to hold my hand up and say i have been at Maharaja in Newbridge for the last 3 weekends but i have another visit to Swapna this weekend keyed in.

Great restaurants the both of them.

I`m up for the curry night out too though i think it wise to get the other halves involved(unless you never want to hear the end of it :D).

Hi everyone, long time no speak. We were in Swopna last Saturday night as usual and the place was certainly buzzing.. A great crowd in even after the earil bird. The early bird menue is proving very popular and why not, only $12.50 for a three course. Two euro extra if you want prawns. The portions are the normal size and even includes the meat platter for 2 people. It is available up to 8 o clock Mon to Thrs and up to seven o clock there after. If you were a bit late Josh would still look after you. All I can say is well done to Josh and his team, you took a chance and it is working out for you now. Hard to believe its Swopna's first birthday soon so congratulations to all involved. See you all there soon.

Cheers

somebane wrote: »
    Hi everyone, long time no speak. We were in Swopna last Saturday night as usual and the place was certainly buzzing.. A great crowd in even after the earil bird. The early bird menue is proving very popular and why not, only $12.50 for a three course. Two euro extra if you want prawns. The portions are the normal size and even includes the meat platter for 2 people. It is available up to 8 o clock Mon to Thrs and up to seven o clock there after. If you were a bit late Josh would still look after you. All I can say is well done to Josh and his team, you took a chance and it is working out for you now. Hard to believe its Swopna's first birthday soon so congratulations to all involved. See you all there soon.

Cheers

hi frank, good to hear your still enjoying quality curries lol!
    just booked a table for 13 of us for Sunday (which I must say I'm looking extremely forward to! (wifes birthday) haven't been in a while as the wife was expecting, but baby, wife and whole extended family going for quality slap up meal this weekend!

hi frank, good to hear your still enjoying quality curries lol!
    just booked a table for 13 of us for Sunday (which I must say I'm looking extremely forward to! (wifes birthday) haven't been in a while as the wife was expecting, but baby, wife and whole extended family going for quality slap up meal this weekend!

Gucky how are things.. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I would say you will have a great crack there with 13 people.. We are heading there on Saturday and we are going to give the early bird a lash. By doing this,,, we can give the early bird in Fate a lash on Friday evening. Makes great sense, nearly two nights out for the usual price of one. So look have a good night and we shall talk next week. Bon apetite.,

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Had a beautiful meal in Swapna last night again.
    I have to say i have been trying out a few places as alternatives and i was wasting my time and money.
    The quality of the meal from start to finish was second to none,and for the first time i have seen a good crowd in there dining too.
    Swapna is running a special for the rest October the early bird 3 course all night all week E12.50!
    Seriously to get food of that standard served up to you for that price is amazing,takeaways couldn't match it,trust me i have tried around :eek:.
    Fair play to them,keep up the good work Josh.
    I'll be back next week :D,yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lopin

This is THE best Indian restaurant in Naas/Kildare. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for authentic cuisine. Josh, Islam and all the other staff are a great team with customer attention always coming first.They have a great menu & a super special offer everyday! Its a steal! Dont miss out!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fruitbats

It’s been a while since I’d been at Swapna and I’d been two 2 other Indian restaurants in Naas in the mean time and they were crap (complete understatement). One forgot the starters, rice and no white wine, and the other restaurant gave us the worst starter I’ve ever had in my life, it was like a piece of rubber.
    We went the other day to Swapna and it was a breath of fresh air, it was the same top reliable quality that they had been serving for a while now, I just thought it needed to be said after the mess with the other two restaurants.

Sorry to bump, but after the meal i enjoyed in Swapna yesterday, i felt obliged to update this thread.

We (my wife and daughter) hadn't been to Swapna in a while (things aren't as easy when theirs a youngster in tow) but decided on a spur of the moment decision to dine out yesterday afternoon.

We arrived at Swapna (without a booking) around four pm or so, no booking want a problem as the staff quickly cleared a table for us, word must definitely be out on how good an Indian restaurant this is, as their was a good few eating in the restaurant yesterday.

Josh (the manager) was quick to come over to our table, ensuring everything was ok, arranged Poppadom's /dips for the table, and asking I'd we needed help with the high chair etc etc, and giving us a brief run of the menu, talking through various offers and explaining what was in the dish.

He recommended a starter to me, which i can only describe as being delicious, which was a mixed tandoori platter, sikh kebab, lamb (Boti kebab) and tandoori chicken, all served on a sizzling tray with chopped onion and a slice of lemon, it was simply Devine, the lamb in particular being truly melt in the mouth meat.

My wife got veg Pakora, which she said was among the best she's ever had.

For my Mains, i chose Lamb Dhansak which i would describe as being slightly sweet and sour but with a spice to it, the lamb came out in nice bite sized chunks, done in a beautiful sauce with lentils and pieces of pineapple, it was simply one of the best Currys I've ever eaten, bar none!

My wife chose the Chana Masala, which is a chickpea curry, cooked in a medium to spicy curry cooked with potatoes, and after having a good few fork fills of hers, can confirm that it too was absolutely beautiful!

Dishes came with pilau rice, again beautifully done with a small amount of light spices mixed with the rice, and the Naan bread just has to be tasted to truly appreciate is quality, nice light bread, that doesn't have the overly 'Doughie' textures some other Indian restaurants naan beads suffer from.

Our daughter had fish fingers and chips (anything to keep them happy lol)

We enjoyed several soft drinks, i had a beer, with a glass of juice for the baby.

Followed by desert for ALL! (ice cream etc) and i had coffee.

The bill came to just over €50.

Beautiful surroundings, unrushed, relaxed attitude, more than attentive staff (they simply could not do enough, or be nicer) who especially gave the child lots of attention.

Again, i have no affiliation with Swapna in any shape or form (i work in engineering) I'm simply a fan of Indian food, and when you discover a restaurant like Swapna, who just seem to 'have gotten it right' i feel a need to share my experience.

I have family visiting this weekend from Derry, and I've already told them that Swapna is where we will be eating on Saturday.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough. 9/10 !

Advertisement