Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed drops with eircom 18:00-00:00, and mine experience with eircom support...

• 15-01-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

so i was mentioning before this problem: speed drops from 7mbit to 0.5mbit after 18:00 o'clock, and then fixes it self after 00:00

I called last week to ericom, they did ussual rubish check on mine system. After the check the fella told me, that its problem with theyr lines and they will send out enginer to check it out... should be sorted in 3 days...

i called today ( after waiting 7 days), gave reference number. this fella asked me to go on hold and dissapeared for 5 mins. when he came back he just replyed: " emmm sorry, but i dont know when it will be sorted"...

I was like: WTfudge?! so what do you whant me to do? when it will be fixed?! he just replyed again: i really dont know, we have a few complanes in that erea we are working on it...

I even asked, maybe i need to change provider? he just replyed calmly: well if you whant to its no problem...

OMG!!! Do they value theyr customers?!?! okay, i am only 4 years with theyr broadband, but they could atleast show they care a bit!!!

A quick question: is digiweb decent? as if there wount be any changes i will just switch for something else....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

the support lads don't know when congested exchanges are due for an upgrade and nobody can help you unless we have an area/region/exchange name so we can see if it is a pattern.

Lots of people were recently giving out about a load of Longford/Westmeath exchanges that ran slow because of a bottleneck in Mullingar, that was sorted and they have been happy since.

Is it north west or east cork or around the city or in the city ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

raise a ticket with the complaints dept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    the support lads don't know when congested exchanges are due for an upgrade and nobody can help you unless we have an area/region/exchange name so we can see if it is a pattern.

Lots of people were recently giving out about a load of Longford/Westmeath exchanges that ran slow because of a bottleneck in Mullingar, that was sorted and they have been happy since.

Is it north west or east cork or around the city or in the city ??

i actually allways allways was happy with eircom. i even sent email to say good things about the support fella once, who was just amazing in mine problem, they called back to get more details on fella!

I am in north cork, mallow bud. Alot of people having this problem lately... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

same problem as me in the same time range in Tipperary. Surely Eircom are aware of the problem at this stage? Very annoying if you're trying to play an online game, its virtually a no go during busy hours at this stage.

I've always had decent first hand experiences dealing with their customer support but between this, the random site censorship and the DNS issues I'm really feeling let down by them lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'm 6 miles from Mallow and the same is happening to me for the past week. I play WoW and it's to the point were I can't play the game. I'll cast a heal spell that takes six to ten seconds instead of half second and it ends up with everyone dead and me getting spammed "WTF!". I'm not very popular at the moment. Eircom is the only real choice we have around here, they fricken better sort it out soon. :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm 6 miles from Mallow and the same is happening to me for the past week. I play WoW and it's to the point were I can't play the game. I'll cast a heal spell that takes six to ten seconds instead of half second and it ends up with everyone dead and me getting spammed "WTF!". I'm not very popular at the moment. Eircom is the only real choice we have around here, they fricken better sort it out soon. :mad:

same here bud, did icc25 4/7 and full clear icc10 with 600 ping!!! imposible to play MW2 aswell... youtube crap!

and yeah we dont have a choise in here :(.... was thinking of going to digiweb...

any point making a complaint on website? or its just same as shouting on the wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cots11

an im sure they would like to sort it out. ah regulation prevents major players implementing measures that would fix these issues.sure its all in the name of competition. no offence but when will kellogs be offering broadband. maybe when the price comes down, and what about speeds. oh its eircoms fault. the exchange, or lines em customer service or eh eh them, theyre fault. and what can you do about it?

ah how about cereal we can do that!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

same here bud, did icc25 4/7 and full clear icc10 with 600 ping!!! imposible to play MW2 aswell... youtube crap!

and yeah we dont have a choise in here :(.... was thinking of going to digiweb...

any point making a complaint on website? or its just same as shouting on the wall?

Im the same in limerick with vodafone(eircom exchange) . Rubbish from 6 pm to 12 midnight .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

yup, same here. I am in North tipp on a migrated line from BT to Vodafone. From 6pm onwards 20-30% packet loss.

Reckon once Vodafone dumped all the BT customers on to eircom's equipment it is overloaded.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

25% packet loss making online gaming unplayable from 5pm-12. never had a problem with eircom until this started a couple of months ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

anoble66 wrote: »
    yup, same here. I am in North tipp on a migrated line from BT to Vodafone. From 6pm onwards 20-30% packet loss.

Reckon once Vodafone dumped all the BT customers on to eircom's equipment it is overloaded.:mad:
    BT customers are on Eircom equipment.

ShevY wrote: »
    25% packet loss making online gaming unplayable from 5pm-12. never had a problem with eircom until this started a couple of months ago

ar they even planing to do something about it? switching to digiweb would made difference? or are they in same sh*t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

I switched from eircom to digiweb due to the same problem of speeds dropping after 6.
    I now have full 7mb speed all the time. I'm based in Rush (Dublin).
    Digiweb have 12:1 contention for some DSL packages

right i checked digiweb website, entered mine phone number and i was told this:

To avail of DSL, your local telephone exchange must be DSL enabled. Your line is connected to an exchange which is not currently DSL enabled. There are a number of exchanges which will be upgraded in coming months, and you can check the list and pre-order [URL="javascript:iredirect4();"]HERE[/URL]. A pre-order does not guarantee you service, as your line will sitill need to pass the Line Test (which we conduct for you automatically when the exchange is enabled).

i got eircom 7mbit atm, and i still dont have dsl exchange? wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

I'm on Digiweb DSL 7.6mb and every single day from 18:00- 11:00 I have lag in all online games.
    Has this got anything to do with Eircom, am I using an Eircom line but paying Digiweb.
    All the problems discussed in here are the exact same as what I'm having only I'm with Digiweb. The speed tests are fine by the way it's just the gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

im from mitchelstown and have the same problem. im currently in the process of changin from eircom to magnet but from what i read here i think it wont help my situation. gears of war is already laggy enough without this crap happening. anybody know why this has been happening lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I'm on Digiweb DSL 7.6mb and every single day from 18:00- 11:00 I have lag in all online games.
    Has this got anything to do with Eircom, am I using an Eircom line but paying Digiweb.
    All the problems discussed in here are the exact same as what I'm having only I'm with Digiweb. The speed tests are fine by the way it's just the gaming.

I get the same with Digiweb in fact I've just ordered UPC 15MB as Digiweb support and general attitude has been shocking. After 18:00 my speed goes to 0.50MB to 2.0MB if I'm lucky. Can't surf the web very slow and dont even bother with gaming online. Plus UPC do not have a download usage policy like Digiweb does at 30GB a month.

Stay clear of Digiweb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

landline that wouldn't take bb now has the clear and is activated, i'm getting the same BS.

Funnily enough, my BT/Vodafone line is still active and I have no such issue with them.

:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I thought it was just me that was seeing this, I have been tweaking the netopia modem wireless settings, thinking that the wireless was the issue, I'm with Esat BT but I presume Eircon problems show up on Esat lines too, speedtest has been showing as low as 0.5Mbps down speeds on my 7.2Mbps line regularly, this has been going on since just after Christmas. Hence my other thread about changing to UPC.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Mitchelstown I believe is suffering from congestion to a high degree, whatever DSL provider you go with it will be the same as will use the same Eircom equipment.

• Advertisement

devnull wrote: »
    Mitchelstown I believe is suffering from congestion to a high degree, whatever DSL provider you go with it will be the same as will use the same Eircom equipment.

so prety much eircom just spits in to our face with this issue, and then rubbs it in as we cant even change provider...

bump

anymore people with this problem? it looks like there is a good bit of us. cant we do some big complain together?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

yup same here ..been under 1MB every night for the past few weeks ..on 3MB eircom
    in nrt tipp :mad::mad: xbox live not connecting slow browsing ... looks to be all over the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I've had this problem too for the past two weeks, at first it was annoying but now its just p*ssing me off.

Used Speedtest.net at 1:30 today and got a download speed result of 2.65mb/s.

This one I did just a minute ago:
    689244900.png

But it has gone down as low as 0.45mb/s some nights

Note: I have the Eircom 3mb package and living south of Cork City (Douglas).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭baubl

what is going on with eircom these days, i keep being cut off, losing connections, then it is very slow when i do have it, even though i pay for 3gb, the service is gone backward, pity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

689260382.png

8380082.png

Thats the sh1t at worst i get 8 meg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Bryaner???...whats the point of that post??...showing off your connection or something??...I dont get it?..

Anyway I wonder if you guys around limerick and surrounding counties could do a traceroute (START>>RUN>>enter 'CMD'>>enter'TRACERT www.google.ie') and see if you have a b-ras2.lmk.limerick.eircom.net in your list.

Now Im not 100% up to speed on the Dslam to B-ras setups (maybe one of those that knows can point me to somewhere I can learn) but I dont think I should be seeing packet loss on that hop, which I and many more around limerick seem to see.

I believe this to be the crux of alot of problems Ive been hearing about anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Checked it and yeah b-ras2.lmk.limerick.eircom.net shows up for me. Having the same problems as everyone else here of time outs and slowness in the evenings.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

meh spongebob, the problem has resurfaced in recent days in longford. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

yeh b-ras2.lmk.limerick.eircom.net came up for me too.

Advertisement