Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed drops with eircom 18:00-00:00, and mine experience with eircom support...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Speed test is my no means perfect, but it gives an "alright" indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Xennon wrote: »
    I suggest everyone heads over to the Eircom Support Forums. Im sure theyd appreciate the extra traffic ;)

Where is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

go here: http://eircomconnect.eircom.net/

hovver over SUPPORT and you will see Support Forum.

I have to say its one of the worst layed out forums Ive seen in a while though, getting to your PMs can be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Another typical night on the ""up to"" 3meg product :mad:

765270251.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Having the same problem, based in cork city center. Have the 15min line and im only getting about 5mb-7mb at the moment. When I open a torrent I can't get onto the net, pages don't even load.

Any idea what happens if I cancel my contract? Do I have to pay that 108euro fee or whats the story. Anyone else have done this before and what was the charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Matt Cooper just replied to my tweet saying that he's asked his production team to get back onto eircom's broadband packages this week..
    Now's a good time for all users having issues to post their crap speeds.
    Or even better yet add it to a sig like I did. The higher profile these issues become the faster Eircom will sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Berkut wrote: »
    Matt Cooper just replied to my tweet saying that he's asked his production team to get back onto eircom's broadband packages this week..
    Now's a good time for all users having issues to post their crap speeds.
    Great idea, I would love to hear some Eircom official defend him/her self against Matt and the barage a texts and calls that would come pooring into the show on this problem.

766165277.png

Up to 3mbs package and its only 6:40 yet. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Good, finally some media coverage, in my opinion what eircom have been doing especially in light of their new 24 meg ads, has been nothing short of fraud.

"7"meg package

766209993.png

That's fantastic by current standards.

I've over 140 tests, the majority of which show eircoms rubbishness over the past 5 months.

N8kXb.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

organise a protest outside there head office?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

So annoying. Connection was fine for a couple of weeks then it just went **** again. **** SAKE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Had Eircom for 5 years and this drove me absolutely MENTAL for about 6-8 weeks
    Rang and went through usual testing crap with support and told them in no uncertain terms that it was all bull**** as the minute midnight arrived every day, it would slowly start to climb up again and by the morning, it was disappearing again :(

They kept insisting it was an issue with MY EQUIPMENT

I voted with my feet. Changed to UPC 30 meg package last Monday
    After using it for over a week now, I *average* about 16meg down and 2.7meg up
    My Eircom was averaging about 900kb down and 120kb up for the last couple of months! (on a 7 meg line)

Taken a few hours ago with UPC
    766528088.png

Taken just now
    766652238.png

For years I always moaned and complained about different products or services and this year I decided the best thing is to walk!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭rubdub

Same sh*te here, was eircom was working ok for the past few weeks, even months, but then last night went crap again. Would intermittently cut out every 10 mins or so, then come back 10 secs later, didn't bother me too much for web browsing, but for youtube or xbox it's a right pain in the a**!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Just to update on my line at the moment, Eircom have admitted theres an issue in the Castletroy exchange and that its due to be upgraded by mid April, however at the moment, i cant even get to a webpage in any comfort. Boards took over 5 minutes to load, and thats with 2 refreshes.

I had to forget about trying to get onto their forums pages, that just contineously timed out on me.

What a clusterf0ck!!

:mad:

767597348.png

WOW...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Anyone elses eircom broadband fully gone....? Red light on the modem outside, nothing wrong with the wires at all... I'm in Clondalkin area btw :P I've.. to... 'borrow' someone elses in the mean time :P

Yeah mine just came back on there.

wow....they want to charge me 150euro so an engineer can come out and fix their problem....

the cs agent said that its a problem with their line and no fault of mine......good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    wow....they want to charge me 150euro so an engineer can come out and fix their problem....

the cs agent said that its a problem with their line and no fault of mine......good luck

What was the problem ? iv got an engineer coming out next week , the guy on the phone said they might have to charge me if the problem is not on there end .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

threein99 wrote: »
    What was the problem ? iv got an engineer coming out next week , the guy on the phone said they might have to charge me if the problem is not on there end .

Wow that's BS. I mean isn't that their job? It's not like you're calling them out just to waste their time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

you're going to be charged just for the callout anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I was told I wouldnt be charged for the call out unless the problem was caused by something out of there hands in other words my fault , if they think there getting a cent off me I will look for all the money back iv paid them for broadband thats painfully slow during peak hours every night :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Nope, you only get charged if there is a fault on your end. You do not get charged if the fault is the responcibility of eircom (i.e something wrong with the line before it comes in the front door).

(Sponge Bob feel free to correct me here) But i think what is determined as your fault is as follows:

1.) If the modem will not sync or speeds are crap at a location after the master plug.

2.) If they are crap at that location, the engineer may test at the primary point that comes into your house. If all is fine then its your fault not eircoms.

Eircom arent responcible for internal wiring (i.e the wiring after the main socket in your house).

Again someone feel free to correct me, but this is my understanding.

I havent a clue, the tech agent said that if its something to do with me, like not using the eircom modem, fault with my computer/connection that they will charge the 150euro. Your man was fairly certain that I wouldnt get charged so instead of taking the risk of paying 150 I told em just leave it. Said he would sent out a tech to our DSL exchange area and fix it from there.....

Gonna ring back next week and see what the story is

eircom are a complete joke at this stage..
    Its now 4 months since I started having this crap speed/packet loss issue and for every day from now on I'm going to slate eircon in here and on twitter where they're following me at present :)
    A special message to any reps from eircon on here...fúck you and your crap product.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    I havent a clue, the tech agent said that if its something to do with me, like not using the eircom modem, fault with my computer/connection that they will charge the 150euro. Your man was fairly certain that I wouldnt get charged so instead of taking the risk of paying 150 I told em just leave it. Said he would sent out a tech to our DSL exchange area and fix it from there.....

Gonna ring back next week and see what the story is

You'll only be charge a call out fee if the fault lies within your home past the MDP. For example, you lied to the agent on the phone about testing directly on the MDP in the house, engineer arrives at your door, takes of filter, fixed, charge of 150 for wasting the engineers time. Or your PC is causing the issue, engineer arrives, disconnects modem from PC, speeds are fine, 150 euro. 3rd party modem connected ? Engineer plugs in eircom modem, problem solved. 150 euro. You're not plugging into the MDP at all, using an extension point in the house (bedroom for example) engineer arrives, tests on MDP and it's fine, 150 euro. You start messing around with the wiring in your MDP for some strange reason, engineer arrives discovers this = charge to fix it all up, 150 euro.

They're just some examples, if you follow all the instructions given to you by the agent. Tested on MDP with no Pc connected and speeds are terrible, grand no charge at all as it's Eircoms issue to sort out from then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Have you met the "engineers" they send out? I have yet to meet one that I wasn't telling him what the issue was...but then I live in the sticks.

I interview the engineer at the door when they come out to be sure im not going to get charged. Last time I had a BB issue and an engy came - he admitted he only knew phones. Great, I only have a phone line for the BB - and dont even have the phone connected. There was a test, and a result, but no charge.

@Berkut I have the same issue as you but its worse for me as I am on Imagine. They can blame eircon, and say they can do nothing. I got tired of threatening them...whats the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya the term 'engineer' is abused a fair bit

Pyr0 wrote: »
    You'll only be charge a call out fee if the fault lies within your home past the MDP. For example, you lied to the agent on the phone about testing directly on the MDP in the house, engineer arrives at your door, takes of filter, fixed, charge of 150 for wasting the engineers time. Or your PC is causing the issue, engineer arrives, disconnects modem from PC, speeds are fine, 150 euro. 3rd party modem connected ? Engineer plugs in eircom modem, problem solved. 150 euro. You're not plugging into the MDP at all, using an extension point in the house (bedroom for example) engineer arrives, tests on MDP and it's fine, 150 euro. You start messing around with the wiring in your MDP for some strange reason, engineer arrives discovers this = charge to fix it all up, 150 euro.

They're just some examples, if you follow all the instructions given to you by the agent. Tested on MDP with no Pc connected and speeds are terrible, grand no charge at all as it's Eircoms issue to sort out from then.

Oh I know yeah, he told me if its something to do with my network or computer the charge would apply, im very certain its their problem though as im using the modem they gave me and connected to it by wire.

Just there I ran three speed tests on speedtest.net and eircoms speed test. Averaged out at 2mbs on speedtest.net and 8mbs on eircoms one.

Does anyone here trust the eircomes speed test?

Absolutely not ...amazing how the eircom speedtest can report no issues with my broadband yet speedtest/traceroute and all the other tests I've run all confirm I'm having packet loss and barely 1 meg broadband..
    It's another joke tonight...getting about 3 meg but approx 10% packet loss which in gaming means "you're dead".

• Advertisement

I was thinking so alright, was presuming that it would make it seem better on their website so we don't qq as much :P

But of course if I ring up eircom again and tell them that ive been running my speed tests on a different website they won't accept them I presume since its not their software and it can give unacurrate readings....haha..what a joke

Advertisement