Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed drops with eircom 18:00-00:00, and mine experience with eircom support...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

teddy b123 wrote: »
    just checking but the b-ras is unchangeable?

Yeah they're set by eircom... I'm not sure how they decide who's on which one (seems to be pretty random).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

thats good news, for me anyway, terrible for you though. wonder will cancelling broadband/phoneline and getting it again change it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Is anyone having problems with their internet in Mullingar this evening?

Since about 6pm onwards out internet has been slow and we can't get on some websites, all we get is 'internet explorer cannot display the webpage'.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Creel

Anyone got problems tonight (21/4/2010). Supposed to be on this NGB 8gb. Can't even get .4gb. Like this last Sunday too. Never had this problem before. Just rang eircom and they me wanted to disable firewalls and wireless on my router. When I told him I was using a netgear router he said they didn't support it and asked me to go find the eircom one. I hung up on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Yeah I got the same response. So I told them I had 3 dead eircom routers....they sent me out a new one in exchange for one of the dead ones.

I just got around to putting it in today, made no difference. Ive noticed some glitches in the service today though, I have the flu so nothing else to do but surf.

Am looking at an alternate source of BB at the moment, for what Im paying, I get the distinct feeling Im getting ripped off by Eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vrain

Xennon wrote: »
    Yeah I got the same response. So I told them I had 3 dead eircom routers....they sent me out a new one in exchange for one of the dead ones.

I just got around to putting it in today, made no difference. Ive noticed some glitches in the service today though, I have the flu so nothing else to do but surf.

Am looking at an alternate source of BB at the moment, for what Im paying, I get the distinct feeling Im getting ripped off by Eircom.

^This.
    Nothing else to add.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Internet is fcking terrible tonight. 2 of us on the Ballinalee exchange getting huge variance between .2 and .4.mb for the last 5 hours, I'm on a 1mb package while he's on a 3mb. Pinging google, varying between 33ms and 950ms within the space of 10 ping tests. and to top things off, our internet has cut off no more than 5 times today. totally unacceptable :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You know what?
    I'm fúcking sick of people on here bitching about Eircom every night and doing fúckall about it.
    I've posted several times on this thread for people who use twitter to hammer eircom on it, if you're on facebook post comments in their side etc and add your speedtest result to your sig like I did...and yet...not one bloody person has done.
    The more people complain about eircom through the various networking sites the faster Eircom will fix this problem..they can't deny it if everyone's on twitter/facebook giving out about it..

Typical Irish..we bitch and moan..and wait for someone else to fix our problems.

Links are below

facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/eircom-lounge/285990750679?v=wall

twitter: http://www.twitter.com/eircomconnect

Berkut, chill the boots man,

I for one am constantly on their forums and I do my best to keep this thread alive because i know they monitor it. I dont 'tweet' and have no interest in it. Nor do I have the time to spend online complaining about what a fcuked up service Im getting from Eircom, which I might add I am. I am however doing my best to solve my problem at the moment, which is all I can do, by looking elsewhere.
    There's only so much crap and delay tactics I can take from Eircom and Stream so I for one am changing and advising everyone I know who are experiencing the same problems to do so.
    Eircom really dont see a problem, so you drop some packets in the evening what the hey??...sure isnt it grand the rest of the time, cant you play your games then. This is all they seem to think broadband is used for btw, i dont know if theyve even heard of remote desktop/remote backup/ssh tunnels etc etc.
    There is no investment coming from STT, so dont expect Eircom to get any better. They have a 4bn debt to pay off, imho, they'll all be on the dole soon anyway, or more than likely be subsidised by our tax money to maintain some form of a communications system in the country.
    Looking to the future we are a country without an internal information system infrastructure, and it doesnt look like theres any plans for one either. So we can forget about being a player in future technologies. I'm impressed with the people in IrelandOffline. Those are the people who realise the most how bad the situation is, and they know what the solutions are aswell.

So Berkut before you start flaming people here, ask youself why you are??..Is it because of what these people have posted or is it the fustration you feel when trying to solve your problem with Eircom, me I'm betting its the latter and you just needed to vent. Join IrelandOffline and help them in their work, I know I will.

Well if you read all of the people that complain about Eircom yet all they've done is bitch about it on here.
    Social networking sites like twitter and facebook are extremely powerfull tools and we should be using them to hit back at Eircom.
    Eircom are also on twitter and as soon as I started flaming them they were in contact asap with me. Granted there's nothing the two guys can do to help me but if enough people start twittering etc then eventually it's going to go right up the chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

I feel your frustartion Berkut. Since January every night my pings have been over 100ms and speed about 0.5meg. The way I am playing it is to play their system. I urge everybody MAKE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT on 1890 200 481.
    They have to respond to you within 10 working days with a response and a plan to fix the issue. If that doesn't work escalate the problem to a supervisor and keep esaclating the issue.

Thats what I did and have got a credit on my bill for €30 for Feb and €30 for March. I was told they have to put some new equipment into the Rush (co dublin) exchange and things should be good by next May which I know is B.S.

I am fairly tech savvy so they can't wafffle to me. I will be pushing for another credit for April aswell, although I don't want free sh!te broadband I would rather pay for a proper service, but dsl is the only option for me.

Eircom will do sweet fa till it starts costing them cash and bad pr.
    Another typical evening.

791074440.png

Eircom NGB- Biggest Con job ever.:mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I find that, yes, the broadband connection Eircom are supplying me with is useless, and when I do eventually get the damn thing to work I don't want to waste what precious online time I have by bitching about the service :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Berkut wrote: »

Typical Irish..we bitch and moan..and wait for someone else to fix our problems.

I've said this over and over on the Vodafone forum too. It's just so frustrating.

What okla said is true too. I got 3 months of my bills reversed because of the problems I was having with Vodafone. But most Irish people are not like that. They just say "ah sure what can I do" and then complain to friends about it. It's built into the Irish psyche that we just like people walking all over us. A certain political group have been playing us for years from the 80's up to now. But the Irish just say "ah sure what can ya do". :mad:

jenizzle wrote: »
    I find that, yes, the broadband connection Eircom are supplying me with is useless, and when I do eventually get the damn thing to work I don't want to waste what precious online time I have by bitching about the service :rolleyes:

Ah yeah sure what can you do like.. just put up with it and let them do what they want. In fact it's kinda nice taking it up the a**.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well if you read all of the people that complain about Eircom yet all they've done is bitch about it on here.

I assume that was pointing towards me as one of those people. I've been hassling eircom for the last 5 months over this and the service gets worse than better. I've rang at least twice a week to them continuously for the last 5 months, they've replaced my modem, they've sent out an engineer who found no issues, and I refused to pay him. I've twittered them to death, and it's come to the point they are now ignoring my tweets, so it seems.

I assume that was pointing towards me as one of those people. I've been hassling eircom for the last 5 months over this and the service gets worse than better. I've rang at least twice a week to them continuously for the last 5 months, they've replaced my modem, they've sent out an engineer who found no issues, and I refused to pay him. I've twittered them to death, and it's come to the point they are now ignoring my tweets, so it seems.

nope..you've doing the same thing as me...what we need is more people doing is..if you have 20 followers and you twitter to them about your eircom issues and let's say I'm one of them..then I can retwitter it to my followers and so on..pretty soon enough people know about eircom and their issues so they might decided to get off their asses and do something about it.

Anyway man..keep hounding them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

nope..you've doing the same thing as me...what we need is more people doing is..if you have 20 followers and you twitter to them about your eircom issues and let's say I'm one of them..then I can retwitter it to my followers and so on..pretty soon enough people know about eircom and their issues so they might decided to get off their asses and do something about it.

Anyway man..keep hounding them :)

And youve emailed ireland offline and logged a complaint with Comreg ?

You could email or call into your local TD too. I was on to an MEP who got me in touch with an Irish TD who sent a letter to the head of Vodafone.

A week after this I got a call from Vodafone and received a nice refund(3 months worth) and I had no issues cancelling my broadband. I then got another refund because it took 3 days extra to cancel my broadband from the day I asked it to be refunded.

I also lodged a complain with Comreg. Those guys and girls are really easy to deal with. I definitely recommend giving them a call if you are having serious issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

You could email or call into your local TD too. I was on to an MEP who got me in touch with an Irish TD who sent a letter to the head of Vodafone.

A week after this I got a call from Vodafone and received a nice refund(3 months worth) and I had no issues cancelling my broadband. I then got another refund because it took 3 days extra to cancel my broadband from the day I asked it to be refunded.

I also lodged a complain with Comreg. Those guys and girls are really easy to deal with. I definitely recommend giving them a call if you are having serious issues.

I too have had to go this route on occasion (2 times) thanks to Both Damien Mulley (way back when) and Eamonn in Ireland offline, both of which got a very prompt responce from eircom on problems that lasted months.

Getting a comreg reference number does seem to expedite your query.

Ugh this is beyond a joke right now. 3 connection drops in the space of 2 hours :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vrain

GOD!! this is beyond the imagination! Its 3:30 pm And i have packet loss 30% This is getting worse every day. Im tired of bitchin on their forum my posts and thread are either deleted / "merged" . I've wasted to much time and mental health on the phone to get through these bastards. They just dont listen to me , and sending technicians to my apartment "check my faulty line" as they say. I'm going to ask my solicitor for advice . This **** is not good for our healts as for wallets. Guys listen to my advice GO AND ASK solicitors what can we do. Lads let hit them HARD from many directions all together. Because im not going to pay A SINGLE CENT FOR THEIR PATHETIC SERVICE .

Excuse me my english cause its not my native language.
    Best regards Andrew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

How is it possible to reach these speds on a 7mb package

794616830.png

794621080.png

Probably a bug with speedtest.net. Try http://speedtest.magnet.ie or http://home.eircom.net/speedtest

Probably a bug with speedtest.net. Try http://speedtest.magnet.ie or http://home.eircom.net/speedtest

Speed results for eircom speedtest is

Download Speed
    54.23 Mb/s

Upload Speed
    0.19 Mb/s

Latency
    76 ms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

What speed is your router syncing at? http://192.168.1.254/

Download = 5.54mbps

794862945.png

Its just a glitch I would say. The needle hovers at 3 megabits & its only the last few seconds it pops up to a mad number

What speed is your router syncing at? http://192.168.1.254/

7168/384 (kbps)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

im gething a downspeed of 6.11 mb/s
    and in an hour or to it doesnt go any higher than 2.mb/s
    on eircom 7mb broadband

Advertisement