Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed drops with eircom 18:00-00:00, and mine experience with eircom support...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I would post my speeds up, but the last 2 times i've tried, my connection has dropped. I'm wondering if it's the low interleaving line that they put me onto a few months ago has come back to haunt me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Anyone in the Dundalk area having problems this evening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

In my own experience with Eircom recently its certainly a case of all aboard the Fail Boat. Their customer service is terrible, they won't call you back when they promise that they will, they don't know when a particular issue will be fixed.

Recently I've been left exasperated for over a week with no broadband service at all. Eircom don't give a monkeys about their customers, i'll tell the broadband tecchie on the radio ad where to shove his pen.

In the meantime I am awaiting a reply to a complaint letter, but not holding out much hope to hear from them before I write to ComReg.

Foo yoo Eircom! :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Have posted many times in this thread about 25% packet loss every night since November ( And have been complaining to eircom regularily, by phone, I cannot see the point in complaining on social networking sites like facebook about broadband issues)

But anyway, on the bras2 server in Limerick.( the one giving all the problems) And last two nights have had 0% packet loss. Not sure if it just luck or it is fixed but just hope it continues

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GerryTheLeper

still awful here on bras2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

mossym wrote: »
    Have posted many times in this thread about 25% packet loss every night since November ( And have been complaining to eircom regularily, by phone, I cannot see the point in complaining on social networking sites like facebook about broadband issues)

But anyway, on the bras2 server in Limerick.( the one giving all the problems) And last two nights have had 0% packet loss. Not sure if it just luck or it is fixed but just hope it continues

Please report back if this continues. It was cr@p last night and already at ten past 6 in the evening on a Tuesday its gone. This usually means its down for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

because then other people can see your comments about eircom. And Eircom are trying to recruit new customers..the last thing they want is negative publicitiy.

yankinlk wrote: »
    Please report back if this continues. It was cr@p last night and already at ten past 6 in the evening on a Tuesday its gone. This usually means its down for the night.

well, it's perfect again, and i just found out why, did a tracert and i'm now on bras1, not bras2

Truth me told I am on Imagine - So I cant even properly vent with Eircom. If I ring Imagine support they sedn out an Eircon engineer though... Very frustrating - so I have to watch this thread in the hopes that you Eircom people get fixed first.

I have had the same issue since November as well.

Berkut wrote: »
    because then other people can see your comments about eircom. And Eircom are trying to recruit new customers..the last thing they want is negative publicitiy.

honestly, how many new customers are going to check out the eircom facebook before signing up, the only ones that go there are likely people with the problem

and apart from the facebook contingent, no offence, but social netowrking sites are about the last thing i would trust...

i agree totally with you about complaining and not sitting back...just questioning the use of facebook or twitter as any use...td's and ireland offline were mentioned, they seem like avenues with a lot mroe clout than facebook

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

honestly, how many new customers are going to check out the eircom facebook before signing up, the only ones that go there are likely people with the problem

and apart from the facebook contingent, no offence, but social netowrking sites are about the last thing i would trust...

i agree totally with you about complaining and not sitting back...just questioning the use of facebook or twitter as any use...td's and ireland offline were mentioned, they seem like avenues with a lot mroe clout than facebook

Eircomconnect on twitter gives a faster and more thorough response than the support phonelines

Eircomconnect on twitter gives a faster and more thorough response than the support phonelines

Great, what have they said about this problem and resolution for it so?

early morning edit:just realised this sounded like i was having a go, i was honestly asking if they had commented

update from last night, perfect again all evening, no packet loss at all

and reconfirmed, i have been moved from bras2 to bras1 which is making all the difference IMHO

Still crap again last night :(
    Not only am I getting 25% packet loss but my speed is only approx 0.7 megs (not the 4meg the eircom con speedtest tells me).

Eircom just pm'ed me and said it's now May for my issue to be fixed.
    It's now time to stop paying the bill till they do fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

i have been moved from bras2 to bras1 which is making all the difference IMHO

How did you get them to move you off B-RAS2??

It's now time to stop paying the bill till they do fix it.

that's probably the best complaint,better than phone calls, td's ireland offline or twitter...

How did you get them to move you off B-RAS2??

i didn't, it has been done for me, i've asked for it in the past on the phone, but they always said they couldn't, then they did it of their own accord

i imagine they are probably moving everyone, which means we'll ell end up on bras1 and it will be the one with all the problems then

i imagine they are probably moving everyone, which means we'll ell end up on bras1 and it will be the one with all the problems then

LOL, yeah that'll probably happen alright... Still. wouldn't it be a shame if this thread died? I mean what would we do? ENJOY gaming/VOIP and the internet in general? BAH!

Cheers Mossy, If you can provide any details like who you may have spoke with please PM me. Really appreciate it. Ive decided to dump Imagine and switch to Broadband. At least then when my connection is rubbish, my complaints wont fall on deaf ears.

If it was me...and I knew there was an issue...I wouldnt plug someone into a dodgy Bras...SO maybe, just maybe they will conect me to the working one! (i know, im talking madness here, but it has been since November, I am prone to a bit of madness at this stage)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Absoloutely woeful speed here tonight. Am trying to download an mp3 I just bought and it's coming in at around 12 kb/s. The download wont even finish for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 EsteemedEntity

Have been having similar problems with eircom 3Mb for over a year.
    Speed drops and often just disconnects for 1-2 mins every 10 mins or so.

Called up eircom (again) today and went through it with them (again).
    Tech support lady asked her supervisor about it and decided she was going to change my connection from low interleaving to high.

Had a torrent running this evening to test, and the graph shows a solid connection from 7pm-11pm, just under 300kbps.

Just ran a speed test, and low and behold:
    797645802.png

It's not amazing, but its a lot better than what I'm used to! :rolleyes:

Of course, it could all be different tomorrow night... :(
    So, I'm cautiously celebrating. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

How about a facebook group, that could get real traction and a lot of members, even people who would never complain or post on boards.

We could get it viral and see who really is feed up.

How about a facebook group, that could get real traction and a lot of members, even people who would never complain or post on boards.

We could get it viral and see who really is feed up.

This actually sounds like a Great Idea.

Have been having similar problems with eircom 3Mb for over a year.
    Speed drops and often just disconnects for 1-2 mins every 10 mins or so.

Called up eircom (again) today and went through it with them (again).
    Tech support lady asked her supervisor about it and decided she was going to change my connection from low interleaving to high.

Had a torrent running this evening to test, and the graph shows a solid connection from 7pm-11pm, just under 300kbps.

Just ran a speed test, and low and behold:
    797645802.png

It's not amazing, but its a lot better than what I'm used to! :rolleyes:

Of course, it could all be different tomorrow night... :(
    So, I'm cautiously celebrating. :D

high interleaving will generally give you a better throughput, but with higher pings, so you might be alright

yankinlk wrote: »
    Cheers Mossy, If you can provide any details like who you may have spoke with please PM me. Really appreciate it. Ive decided to dump Imagine and switch to Broadband. At least then when my connection is rubbish, my complaints wont fall on deaf ears.

If it was me...and I knew there was an issue...I wouldnt plug someone into a dodgy Bras...SO maybe, just maybe they will conect me to the working one! (i know, im talking madness here, but it has been since November, I am prone to a bit of madness at this stage)

i've called so many times i don't even have a list of who i spoke to anymore. i honestly don't think any of the guys i talked to did anything though, this is just the engineers finally doing something.

the problem with switching is that you'll be plugged into your local exchange, and if that is being routed through bras2 you'll be on it too. Bras2/bras1 aren't the exchange i'm plugged into, i'm on the killaloe exchange which is then routed through one of them, i imagine all people on that exchange are now on bras1

I'm on the Summerhill exchange (the Nenagh one), which is routed through BRAS-2.
    Funny, the summerhill exchange is due to be upgraded either last night or tonight. I wonder if they'll switch it over to BRAS-1 while they're at it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 EsteemedEntity

high interleaving will generally give you a better throughput, but with higher pings, so you might be alright

Thanks for the info! Was wondering what it was about.

My ping before was something like 35 or 40ms, so its not that much worse.

For the first time in over 5 months I'm getting proper speeds tonight wiht no packet loss. Hopefully it's now resolved although I'm still showing on bras2 so maybe the balancing of people out over the 2 of them is starting to have an effect.

And as for whoever suggest a facebook group..don't hold your breath...i suggested similiar over a month ago and no one bothered..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Same sh!te here tonight. I am refusing to pay for this rubbish and so far have got the last two months of (crap) broadband for free.
    798657697.png

• Advertisement

For the first time in over 5 months I'm getting proper speeds tonight wiht no packet loss. Hopefully it's now resolved although I'm still showing on bras2 so maybe the balancing of people out over the 2 of them is starting to have an effect.

Same story here tonight. Its pretty good! and behaving itself! :)

Advertisement