Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed drops with eircom 18:00-00:00, and mine experience with eircom support...

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Report to comreg as well...
    http://www.askcomreg.ie/about_us/form.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

done and done. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Berkut wrote: »
    Ok guys...everyone that is having an issue mail Eamon Ryan (Minister for Telecommunications) below.
    http://www.eamonryan.ie/contact/
    yankinlk wrote: »
    Waste of time guys, neither one of them don't want to know, I tried it a while back and here are the replies:

Eamon Ryan (Minister for Telecommunications)
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to your recent e-mail concerning an issue you have in relation to the broadband services you are receiving.

Issues relating to the delivery of broadband services are a matter in the first instance for the relevant services providers who operate in a fully liberated market regulated by the independent regulator the Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) in accordance with the requirements of the Communication Regulation Act 2002 and the regulations made under the E.U. Regulatory Framework.

Where a consumer is not satisfied with the service provider’s complaints handling procedures I would advise them to contact ComReg and raise the issue with them. I note that you have also written to Comreg about the matter. Part of ComReg’s role is to establish frameworks on the Codes of Conduct for the handling of consumer complaints by service providers. Each code sets out the minimum level of service that a customer can expect to receive from a service provider.

ComReg will examine whether the issue raised can be appropriately dealt with – i.e. whether the subject matter of the complaint falls within its powers. If it does, ComReg will act as an arbitrator between the parties and request the operator to re-examine your complaint in light of any relevant regulatory obligations.

The widespread provision of good quality electronic communications services continues to be a major priority for the Government. The role of the Government is to formulate regulatory and infrastructure policies to facilitate the provision of high quality electronic communications services, by competing private sector providers. Where market failure has occurred in the provision of electronic communications the Government has intervened such as in the case of the provision of broadband infrastructure in the regions and the National Broadband Scheme.

My Department plays an active role in negotiations on electronic communication matters at EU level and I will continue to engage with the Council of Ministers in seeking to ensure that the regulatory framework is designed to further improve the quality and availability of electronic communications.

I appreciate you writing to me to outline the frustration you have experienced on this issue and I hope it will be resolved to your satisfaction shortly.

Yours sincerely

Eamon Ryan T.D.
    Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources

Comreg
    Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for contacting ComReg.

ComReg can become involved in the resolution of individual cases only when the customer has first lodged a formal complaint with the operator in question. IN this case you will meed to lodeg a formal complaint with your billing operator (i.e. Eircom)

To lodge a formal complaint, I advise you to proceed as outlined below:

• Contact your BB provider,

• say you have been advised by ComReg to lodge a formal complaint (use those exact words),

• say you want a complaint reference number and the name of the person you are speaking to,

• give details of complaint.

If the company does not respond to the complaint within 10 working days, you can contact ComReg with the complaint reference number/name, and we will then escalate the matter on your behalf.

Also, can you supply ComReg with the account holder’s name, the account number, a contact number and your full address?

Please note that the roll out of broadband is not covered under any legislation and as a result, there is no legal obligation on a telecoms operator to make broadband available. Eircom as the Universal Service Provider must provide customers with a working phone service, however, this obligation does not apply to broadband services.

Should you have any other queries or require any other assistance from me you can call our Consumer Team on 1890 229668 or 01 8049668.

Yours sincerely,

Maria Power
    Commission for Communications Regulation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What a fúckin bunch of useless cúnts.
    If I get that back I'm sending him back Comreg's response above..:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

done the same.

• Advertisement

Comregs reply seems right though? I mean its not like they can just start beating down doors of ISPs just because some lad complained about the service. There has to be a procedure in legal terms to dealing with the complaint and this is what the comreg reply is informing us about.

Xennon wrote: »
    Comregs reply seems right though? I mean its not like they can just start beating down doors of ISPs just because some lad complained about the service. There has to be a procedure in legal terms to dealing with the complaint and this is what the comreg reply is informing us about.

yeah..but Eircom give you a bull**** excuse and refuse to give you a proper update...
    Comreg should be able to intervene then but refuse to.

Berkut wrote: »
    Comreg should be able to intervene then but refuse to.
    They didn't refuse, they can't, when I was getting nowhere and "push came to shove", all Comreg had to say then was "there is nothing we can do as we have no regulatory power over broadband" :rolleyes:

So what is the point of Comreg then and what are it's people getting paid for, there's a good budget cut for the government then.

Xennon wrote: »
    But what is the point of having the likes of Comreg when they have no regulatory power over broadband. The reply I got from Minister Ryan says to contact Comreg, you then contact them only to be told there is nothing they can do.

As for "a procedure in legal terms to dealing with the complaint", there is a procedure in place to deal with complaints, but as for the legal terms there is none, as Comreg state:

Please note that the roll out of broadband is not covered under any legislation and as a result, there is no legal obligation on a telecoms operator to make broadband available.

So the various telecom operators here can do pretty much what they want then.

Maybe we should talk to her now that the EU has appointed a digital affairs commissioner (Neelie Kroes).
    In fact she might relish a chance to have a go at some country's telco as a lesson to the others :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10128190.stm

• Advertisement

Got a gall from Comreg, took details and are going to chase up my case. Lets see how far this goes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

anybody who formally complained to eircom get on to comreg with their fault ref numbers and support forum posts , also demand a refund for the unusable internet around Limerick/Cork/Kerry every days for months....pro rata what you pay for it each month.

eg

http://eircomconnect.eircom.net/Forum/?Mode=2&ThreadId=451&BoardId=32&last=true

Advertisement