Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed drops with eircom 18:00-00:00, and mine experience with eircom support...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭jeffk

iknorr wrote: »
    I havent received a "call back" yet .

Each time i ring, im met with a nice tech or accounts person, who are more than helpful but the outcome is the same. The last time i called was last Thursday, i was supposed to get a call back the day before. at 415, i was told i will receive a call back by 530 with answers to all my questions. I still havent heard from them yet.

They never mentioned why the problem was occurring. Only that each case was being treated individually.

The official complaint number is all ive been onto, three calls before i got a call back today
    Use legal/business talk, not getting what your paying for, the 2-3 business days and they should call back a customer.

I agree the tech and accounts people are nice, but that can be great to put people of complaining. Try and see past it and keep ringing them if possible, its a free-phone number to, so not financial cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

I have contacted them again this morning via the online support "chat" .
    This is the ending line of the message

""As i mentioned earlier, all the people in Eircom support (via phone) have said the right things and made me feel like a valued customer but now im getting the feeling that this was just a guise to fob me off. ""

Ill give them a call again...do u have a number that i can ring from outside Ireland? I couldnt find one on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 42 That Dave Fella

I'm having the same issue with Smart . We're in Douglas and probably on the Douglas exchange.

We were having 80% packet loss in the evenings and the speeds are beyond retarded.

We've been phoning Smart everyday and they say that Eircom say there's no issues with the lines.

It's a joke that everything has to go through Eircom when they can't even support the infrastructure.

I have contacted them again this morning via the online support "chat" .
    This is the ending line of the message

""As i mentioned earlier, all the people in Eircom support (via phone) have said the right things and made me feel like a valued customer but now im getting the feeling that this was just a guise to fob me off. ""

Ill give them a call again...do u have a number that i can ring from outside Ireland? I couldnt find one on their site

+353818300225 Thats all i can see and its the business site, ring them and see if they can transfer you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Ours has been at a snails pace today, so infuriating! :mad:

Latest ping test, from an A grade to an F grade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

My issue is now fixed! I asked UTV last night to increase my interleaving.. And it worked. My problem is not here any longer, at all. 0% packet loss, full speed.

I'd advise everyone to call their relevant isp's and ask them to increase your interleaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Setting the interleaving to high will double your ping times. I live next door to the exchange and was on high interleaving, ping times where high and I still suffered packet loss.

Just my experience with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 That Dave Fella

Smart said they would turn off the Interleaving on our line and it didn't sort anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so eircom fail train is still at full power?

google talking about 1gbit internet, alot of countries have 50mbit++ internet for households.

eircom cant even supply us with normal 3/7mbit internet...

i am not even talking about Nireland... which is on same freaking island, but has proper internet!

and crapiest thing is, that all ather companies using eircoms equipment :pac:

Exchange Date of upgrade
    Blanchardstown 16th February
    Blanchardstown 17th February
    Tallaght 17th February
    Blanchardstown 18th February
    Tallaght 18th February
    Dolphins Barn 18th February
    Dolphins Barn 23rd February
    Blanchardstown 23rd February
    Terenure 24th February
    Beggars Bush 24th February
    Terenure 25th February
    Crumlin 25th February
    Blanchardstown 26th February

This keeps changing, I linked last week that Blanch was upgraded the 11th & 12th, so take these dates with a pinch of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Is it true that Eircom are upgrading their speeds for free this month. Just like NTL/Chorus did?

i.e if you are 3mb you will be upgraded to 7mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Never had a drop of speed with my 3mb eircom connection for a year and just this last week its been dog slow.

Pings are 700ms and above.

Funny thing is my cousin down the road connection with Digiweb dsl is slower than usual but his pings are fine and he's further away from the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 InkPot

Can anyone tell me how I can identify exactly which eircom exchange I'm on? I'm on 3Mbs package, but only getting 0.3 on average from 4pm - midnight for past 2 weeks, and am in the dun laoghaire area. My mate is on same package, lives 5 mins away, but doesn't seem to be affected at all. I assume he's on another exchange...

Thanks!

NickDrake wrote: »
    Is it true that Eircom are upgrading their speeds for free this month. Just like NTL/Chorus did?

i.e if you are 3mb you will be upgraded to 7mb?

If im on 7mb will i get and upgrade to 24mb?

got this from frank over at the eircom support forum.

Well I just spoke to a support manager and was informed that there is indeed a network issue on my exchange (which only happens when it is busy) EXCHANGE NEEDS TO BE UPGRADED. No time frame for this though.

At least they have admitted that the fault is there..............at start.

Frank

got this from frank over at the eircom support forum.

Well I just spoke to a support manager and was informed that there is indeed a network issue on my exchange (which only happens when it is busy) EXCHANGE NEEDS TO BE UPGRADED. No time frame for this though.

At least they have admitted that the fault is there..............at start.

Frank

Exactly what I was told on the phone

i can believe they cant give a time frame. It must be in the far future...

Post 131

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well they told be this when i talked: there is an issue, but we dont know when it will be fixed.... i reasked, and got same answer...

Basicly they dont care i guess....

well they told be this when i talked: there is an issue, but we dont know when it will be fixed.... i reasked, and got same answer...

Basicly they dont care i guess....

Ask for some of compensation for the poor speeds your receiving.

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    Post 131

yeah i saw that but....its just dublin.

There must be a list for other parts of the country... THERE MUST BE!!!! :eek:

Allah!, i wonder is that vodafone statement about 13 weeks true!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niallt3

Been waiting since October, i guess i could wait at least 13 weeks

yeah i saw that but....its just dublin.

There must be a list for other parts of the country... THERE MUST BE!!!! :eek:

Allah!, i wonder is that vodafone statement about 13 weeks true!

Ah right I didnt see a name or place so just pointed you to the list I had posted.

Had a google there and no nationwide links came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I have been a victim of this.

Last night...my UPLOAD was faster than my download which is unacceptable!!!!!

I have complained to eircomconnect on twitter and by phone with nothing! I am going to ring back today to see wtf is going on!

I am very disappointed in eircom for this!

BTW, I'm from Monaghan!

Mood: P****d off!

I have been a victim of this.

Last night...my UPLOAD was faster than my download which is unacceptable!!!!!

I have complained to eircomconnect on twitter and by phone with nothing! I am going to ring back today to see wtf is going on!

I am very disappointed in eircom for this!

BTW, I'm from Monaghan!

Mood: P****d off!

I didnt know people knew how to use the internet in monaghan!!!! ;)
    Mood: Happy ;)

erm yeah, they are completely ignoring me on their forums and twitter. All it takes is an estimate.

I talked to eircom and they said "We will send out a engineer to your nearest exchange to see if there is a problem"

Bloody useless to say the least!
    I didnt know people knew how to use the internet in monaghan!!!!

About 98% of people in Monaghan don't. I just happen to be 1 of the 2% that DOES know how to use it!

it feels great to meet other minorities ;)

Erm, i finally got a reply on twitter. the usual "fob off and stop asking real questions" .

Im gonna keep on asking them for estimates. They will break!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

meh eircom on twitter are now ignoring my tweets to them. absolute disgrace.

Vodafone are saying mid April for a list of exchanges they ahve on their site now.
    Does anyone know anything about the Cork Central exchange. Apparently this was upgraded last year....its not on any of the new lists but the speed is terrible

• Advertisement

Overnight, the speed has been meh and today is kinda 50/50

I don't know whether to laugh at eircom stupidity or cry at the crapiness of their service!

Advertisement