Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands that you hate but other people love

Options
  • 15-01-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I think there may have been a similar thread a while ago, but I thought I might as well do another one. Here are bands I don't like/hate.

1.Rammstein
    2. Five Finger Death Punch
    3. Steel Panther
    4. Mastodon
    5. Deathstars
    6. Dream Theatre (I only like a couple of songs, but they are not a patch on Rush)
    7. Airbourne
    8. Cannibal Corpse
    9. Lamb of God
    10. Bigelf
    11. Creed
    12. Devildriver
    13. Alexisonfire
    14. Funeral For a Friend
    15. Gojira
    16. Machine Head

That's all I can think of for the time being. Unfortunately Metal Hammer covers most of these bands much to my disgust, hence I rarely buy it any more. So what rock/metal bands can you not stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Bring Me The Horizon
    Waking The Cadaver
    Iwrestledabearonce
    Attack Attack!
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Emmure

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Bring Me The Horizon
    Waking The Cadaver
    Iwrestledabearonce
    Attack Attack!
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Emmure

They are horrible bands indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Muse
    Green Day
    Metallica
    Slipknot
    Lamb of God
    Placebo
    Scars on Broadway
    Throwdown
    Killswitch Engage, original and present lineup.
    Black Sabbath
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Led Zeppelin

..um

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ohdatlewis

Kings of Leon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Loads o bands......Main bands that pretty much everyone loves are U2, most of pink floyd's stuff, david bowie, and the rolling stones/eric clapton.

I think all these bands are good and i respect that other people love them but their music just isnt my cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Bring Me The Horizon
    Waking The Cadaver
    Iwrestledabearonce
    Attack Attack!
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Emmure

Most of the hardcore/metalcore/deathcore community would agree with you.

Patricide wrote: »
    Loads o bands......Main bands that pretty much everyone loves are U2, most of pink floyd's stuff, david bowie, and the rolling stones/eric clapton.

I think all these bands are good and i respect that other people love them but their music just isnt my cup of tea.

I actually love U2 (old stuff only), Pink Floyd and Bowie (the classic stuff from the 70's and early 80's). But each to their own.;)

One of the most annoying things is people trying to persuade you to like bands for a reason...

"I don't like the beatles"
    "But they did so much for music! They created rock music!" and so on.

I don't care how influential, groundbreaking or original a band are, the fact of the matter is that it just doesn't sound good to me, which is all music is. The bands influence doesn't make them sound any better to me so stop saying I "have to" like them.

Guilty bands:
    The Beatles
    Rolling Stones
    David Bowie
    Megadeth
    PANTERA
    Morbid Angel

I'll add more as I think of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

-Dream Theater (spell 'Theatre' right, you nimrods! Such a smart sounding band... Can't fúcking spell right. I don't like their widdling music either, btw!!!:mad:)

-Bring Me The Horizon (noise, screaming, useless)

-Muse (more pointless widdling music, with the most irritating voiced frontman ever)

-Metallica (not a band I hate, but I don't like them either; too big, too macho, too much)

-Slipknot (noise, screaming, useless)

-Avenged Sevenfold (noise, screaming, useless)

-Kings of Leon (useless, not really proper 'rock', whiney sounding)

-The Beatles (don't hate, but don't like; don't find songs all that enthralling or brilliant, to be honest)

-Queens Of The Stone Age (sludgey and overwrought riffing and a whacked out sounding frontman who is also an incredibe arsehole make me dislike this very smug band intensley; music not up to much either)

-Pearl Jam (overrated, songs about misery and abandonment fulling adhering to the cash cow grunge paradigm of the early/mid-90's (how original), followed by hysterical fan boys who will hunt me down and kill me for besmirching their beloved 'Jam)

-Nirvana (same reasons as above; tho credit where credit's due, they invented grunge (or were the first hugely popular grunge act; Mother Love Bone and Temple of Dog were arguably first grunge acts/projects) but this is only another reason for me to hate them beyond comprehension)

-Helloween (power metal's daddies, but oh how they have trashed their legacy and become painful to listen to now)

probably a few more I can't think of right now, but the above will do nicely. I also tried to justify my rantings above too. Thank you, and goodnight...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Led Zeppelin
    Black Sabbath
    Machine Head
    Muse
    Neil Young
    Johnny Cash
    Lynrd Skynrd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

U2
    Kings of Leon
    Avenged Sevenfold (silly ponces who dick about on stage, well the drummer doesn't anymore*)
    Everything that Josh Homme does.
    My Chemical Romance.

A few more but i think that they are the main ones.

* too soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I think there may have been a similar thread a while ago, but I thought I might as well do another one. Here are bands I don't like/hate.

1.Rammstein
    3. Steel Panther
    4. Mastodon
    5. Deathstars
    6. Dream Theatre (I only like a couple of songs, but they are not a patch on Rush)
    7. Airbourne
    8. Cannibal Corpse
    9. Lamb of God
    10. Bigelf
    11. Creed
    12. Devildriver
    13. Alexisonfire
    14. Funeral For a Friend
    15. Gojira
    16. Machine Head

That's all I can think of for the time being. Unfortunately Metal Hammer covers most of these bands much to my disgust, hence I rarely buy it any more. So what rock/metal bands can you not stand?

did u know its a sin to hate mastodon lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Could never take to Judas Priest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Tool - I could never see why there is so much hype.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Greenday
    Avenged Sevenfold
    lost prophets

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tool, any deathcore band where the entire band looks like emos *cough*BMTH*cough* :P, Metallica (but please don't make this thread an argument on this, there is too much of that ;__; ), most indie bands, most pop-punk bands.

There are a lot of others that I don't like, but I don't really hate either

Denny M wrote: »
    Tool, any deathcore band where the entire band looks like emos *cough*BMTH*cough* :P, Metallica (but please don't make this thread an argument on this, there is too much of that ;__; ), most indie bands, most pop-punk bands.

There are a lot of others that I don't like, but I don't really hate either

Well I would say something about not judging bands by their looks, but at least you didn't called BMTH screamo :p

did u know its a sin to hate mastodon lol

I actually don't hate them, and I thought that 'Remission' was pretty damn good although it was a bit one dimensional at times in terms of the vocals. I don't like the much newer albums, and also it seems to me that it's rather quite trendy and hip to like/love Mastodon now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eric the head

1.Rammstein
    3. Steel Panther
    4. Mastodon
    5. Deathstars
    7. Airbourne
    8. Cannibal Corpse
    9. Lamb of God
    10. Bigelf
    11. Creed
    12. Devildriver
    13. Alexisonfire
    14. Funeral For a Friend
    15. Gojira
    16. Machine Head

how can you hate Airbourne ???
    they are one of the best bands in the world !
    if you missed their Whelans show .. you missed out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I actually don't hate them, and I thought that 'Remission' was pretty damn good although it was a bit one dimensional at times in terms of the vocals. I don't like the much newer albums, and also it seems to me that it's rather quite trendy and hip to like/love Mastodon now.

i know BUT......... i liked them before everyone else so that means im not like a poser lol anyway crack the skye rocks and is super orginal!! :cool:

also BMTH rock there so heavy who ever said there emo there not! emo girls only like them coz '' ollie sykes is so hot ect'..'' meh :mad:

• Advertisement

how can you hate Airbourne ???
    they are one of the best bands in the world !
    if you missed their Whelans show .. you missed out

Sorry but I just don't like them at all.:( And I'm also sick to death of seeing them in the likes of Metal Hammer all the time.:rolleyes:

i know BUT......... i liked them before everyone else so that means im not like a poser lol anyway crack the skye rocks and is super orginal!! :cool:

also BMTH rock there so heavy who ever said there emo there not! emo girls only like them coz '' ollie sykes is so hot ect'..'' meh :mad:

Bring Me The Horizon were the first Deathcore band I heard. Have yet to here one from the genre I like less.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

DazMarz wrote: »
    -Dream Theater (spell 'Theatre' right, you nimrods! Such a smart sounding band... Can't fúcking spell right. I don't like their widdling music either, btw!!!:mad:)

Er...they're from the US...that's how Theatre / Theater is spelt there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pantera, Slipknot(although hate may be too much of a word to use), MCR, all those other scene bands that have 5 mins of fame and are lauded as amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DazMarz wrote: »

-Bring Me The Horizon (noise, screaming, useless)

-Muse (more pointless widdling music, with the most irritating voiced frontman ever)

-Metallica (not a band I hate, but I don't like them either; too big, too macho, too much)

-Slipknot (noise, screaming, useless)

-Avenged Sevenfold (noise, screaming, useless)

-Kings of Leon (useless, not really proper 'rock', whiney sounding)

-The Beatles (don't hate, but don't like; don't find songs all that enthralling or brilliant, to be honest)

-Queens Of The Stone Age (sludgey and overwrought riffing and a whacked out sounding frontman who is also an incredibe arsehole make me dislike this very smug band intensley; music not up to much either)

-Pearl Jam (overrated, songs about misery and abandonment fulling adhering to the cash cow grunge paradigm of the early/mid-90's (how original), followed by hysterical fan boys who will hunt me down and kill me for besmirching their beloved 'Jam)

-Nirvana (same reasons as above; tho credit where credit's due, they invented grunge (or were the first hugely popular grunge act; Mother Love Bone and Temple of Dog were arguably first grunge acts/projects) but this is only another reason for me to hate them beyond comprehension)

-Helloween (power metal's daddies, but oh how they have trashed their legacy and become painful to listen to now)

probably a few more I can't think of right now, but the above will do nicely. I also tried to justify my rantings above too. Thank you, and goodnight...

Love how ya just named the bands I love:p Queens, Muse, DT, PJ.

Funnily enough on the grunge issue, Mother Love Bone and TotD are both made up of primarily Pearl Jam members.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bring Me The Horizon were the first Deathcore band I heard. Have yet to here one from the genre I like less.
    Same, I actually like a few that would be considered deathcore, like The Black Dahlia Murder, though they wouldn't be my fav band ever.

Denny M wrote: »
    Same, I actually like a few that would be considered deathcore, like The Black Dahlia Murder, though they wouldn't be my fav band ever.

I love Deathcore, but BMTH are pretty much the only recognisation the genre get's over here. Except they tend to be called Screamo. Shame really, all the great bands like After The Burial, Born Of Osiris and Knives Exchanging Hands get overlooked.

And I wouldn't really call Black Dahlia deathcore, but they are a bit ambiguous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Mushy wrote: »
    Love how ya just named the bands I love:p Queens, Muse, DT, PJ.

Funnily enough on the grunge issue, Mother Love Bone and TotD are both made up of primarily Pearl Jam members.
    And what's even funnier is that Green River, the band that invented grunge, had two Pearl Jam members...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

hmm

i hate..

Iron maiden,
    guns n roses,
    green day,
    my chemical romance,
    dragonforce.

we shud have a poll with a load of the most hated... and find out who really is the most hated band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Trivium....... God they are awful

That is all

Advertisement