Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands that you hate but other people love

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

One of the most annoying things is people trying to persuade you to like bands for a reason...

I have a friend that tries to persuade me to like Enter Shikari . . .

"You're a musician, you should appreciate that the singer is a musical genius! And they're unique, there's nobody else like them!"

God I hate Enter Shikari!

And basically anything that's genre ends in "core"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

apple core

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Slipknot
    My Chemical Romance
    Bullet for My Valentine
    AC/DC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sofaspud wrote: »
    I have a friend that tries to persuade me to like Enter Shikari . . .

"You're a musician, you should appreciate that the singer is a musical genius! And they're unique, there's nobody else like them!"

God I hate Enter Shikari!

And basically anything that's genre ends in "core"

I had a friend try to get me to like them too.. I had to be very blunt to make them understand I hate them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Slayer
    Metallica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Enter Shakira (sic) - plain rubbish
    Iron Maiden - never clicked with me
    BMTH - bland
    Mastadon - why does nearly EVERYONE like them?
    Trivium - used to like them, can't stand them now
    Any "emo" looking band even if only one of them looks emo with the fringe etc.
    Singer/songwriters - boring!
    Avenged Sevenfold - a bit emo for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Nickelback ugh
    Slayer
    Divine Heresy
    Converge
    Hatebreed
    Dream Theater
    Judas Priest
    Trivium
    Bring Me The Horizon
    Dragonforce
    plenty more I can't think of

Also to anyone who dissed mastodon. DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

DazMarz wrote: »
    -Dream Theater (spell 'Theatre' right, you nimrods! Such a smart sounding band... Can't fúcking spell right. I don't like their widdling music either, btw!!!:mad:)

-Bring Me The Horizon (noise, screaming, useless)

-Metallica (not a band I hate, but I don't like them either; too big, too macho, too much)

-Slipknot (noise, screaming, useless)

-Avenged Sevenfold (noise, screaming, useless)

-Kings of Leon (useless, not really proper 'rock', whiney sounding)

-Queens Of The Stone Age (sludgey and overwrought riffing and a whacked out sounding frontman who is also an incredibe arsehole make me dislike this very smug band intensley; music not up to much either)

-Nirvana (same reasons as above; tho credit where credit's due, they invented grunge (or were the first hugely popular grunge act; Mother Love Bone and Temple of Dog were arguably first grunge acts/projects) but this is only another reason for me to hate them beyond comprehension)

-Helloween (power metal's daddies, but oh how they have trashed their legacy and become painful to listen to now)

probably a few more I can't think of right now, but the above will do nicely. I also tried to justify my rantings above too. Thank you, and goodnight...

I have to agree with you with all these bands. I especially hate Slipknot, and I just can't see whats so special about them. The guitar sound is a horrible downtuned sound and the riffs are horrible as well.:mad: It also really really really annoys me when people say that Joey Jordison is one the best drummers around.:mad: Hellhammer from Mayhem/Arturus/Kovenat etc, Horgh from Immortal/Hypocrisy, Nick Barker from Cradle of Filth/Dimmu Borgir etc and many other metal drummers are far better than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

@ Nephilim Wolf - Can I ask why you don't like Rammstein?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

All of the above, and thought id mention AC/DC again ahhhhhhh Fu4kin hate them!

couldnt agree more with Nephilim Wolf

"Hellhammer from Mayhem/Arturus/Kovenat etc, Horgh from Immortal/Hypocrisy, Nick Barker from Cradle of Filth/Dimmu Borgir etc and many other metal drummers are far better than him."

• Advertisement

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    All of the above, and thought id mention AC/DC again ahhhhhhh Fu4kin hate them!

couldnt agree more with Nephilim Wolf

"Hellhammer from Mayhem/Arturus/Kovenat etc, Horgh from Immortal/Hypocrisy, Nick Barker from Cradle of Filth/Dimmu Borgir etc and many other metal drummers are far better than him."

Very glad you agree with me. There are so many better drummers out there. I also forgot to mention Faust and Tyrm formally from Emperor as well, but the list goes on.

I just never liked that kind of industrial metal, or whatever you call it, in fact I've never got into industrial music at all. I find the guitars to be horribly boring:(, and it's just no my cup of tea at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Kings of Leon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Every single black metal band on the planet. They're all the same.

Enter Shakira (sic) - plain rubbish
    BMTH - bland
    Mastadon - why does nearly EVERYONE like them?
    Trivium - used to like them, can't stand them now
    Any "emo" looking band even if only one of them looks emo with the fringe etc.
    Singer/songwriters - boring!
    Avenged Sevenfold - a bit emo for my liking

At least I'm not the only one who doesn't like Mastodon. I also don't like any other bands on that list either.
    Nickelback ugh
    Slayer
    Divine Heresy
    Converge
    Hatebreed
    Dream Theater
    Trivium
    Bring Me The Horizon
    Dragonforce
    plenty more I can't think of

I don't like any of these bands as well. As for Slayer I can take them or leave them. I only really liked both 'Show No Mercy' and 'Seasons in The Abyss' but thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Every single black metal band on the planet. They're all the same.

What utter nonsense. If you think it's all the same, I doubt you've listened to very man Black Metal bands at all.

Sounds absolutely nothing like:

Which doesn't sound anything like:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Before they got big I really enjoyed their music, it was cool to like a band long before they went mainstream. But after seeing them live (absolutely awful, worse than bad), being played out and their subsequent ****ty album it has to be The Killers.

Good thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

What utter nonsense. If you think it's all the same, I doubt you've listened to very man Black Metal bands at all.

well said, was gonna respond to that comment myself but would have ranted on for pages:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Karnivool, it's the vocals that kill them for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Now now ! We all know your penchant for NDH.;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ItsChip

30 seconds to mars
    YMAS
    Paramore
    My Chemical Romance
    Metallica

• Advertisement

Now now ! We all know your penchant for NDH.;););)

Sorry but I'm curious what NDH is?:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sorry but I'm curious what NDH is?:confused:
    It's a brand of industrial Metal, called Neue Deutsche Härte, and Rammstein is a huge example of it

Denny M wrote: »
    It's a brand of industrial Metal, called Neue Deutsche Härte, and Rammstein is a huge example of it

Thanks Denny.:) I actually can't stand Industrial Metal, although I really love 'Eternal' by Samael, although I'm sure if that album could be classed as Idustrial Metal as such. If it is classed as that then it's probably the only album from that genre that I really enjoy.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

Paramore
    The shower scene
    Fall out boy
    enigma
    tokyo hotel
    Bring me the horizon.
    I'd love to punch oli sykes,twat.

Allure_ wrote: »
    You, and so many others

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bigfloppydonkey

IronMan wrote: »
    Tool - I could never see why there is so much hype.

Some of their songs go absolutely nowhere...and not very fast either. Danny Carey is the **** though and Lateralus owns

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Allure_ wrote: »
    HA!!
    When I was in Nottingham for the Bodom gig last year I got talking to this girl who is from Oli Sykes hometown.Told me that the **** gets the **** kicked out of him in every pub in the town for acting like a complete ****ing tampon!DEEEELIGHTED for him!:D

Advertisement