Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you become a doctor?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

The deadline for the HPAT is fast approacing, im not sure if it would be €90 well spent...

I have this sudden urge to do medicine, i could get the grades, but im not sure if im suited. Im good at biology and like the hospital environment (oddly enough)
    I dont really have a passion for chemistry and that biochemistry stuff, but i do enjoy learning about illnesses.

Quick question to doctors on this, how did you know you were suited?
    What drew you to the course, the lifestyle and the profession itself? (please dont say scrubs or greys anatomy:p)

I am planning to get some experience in a hospital to see it first hand, just thought i'd ask ye:pac:

PS As a SHO, would you have much time outside work to spend with friends etc? Or are ya 'married to the job'?

Advertisement