Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrical

Options
  • 15-01-2010 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Can anyone recommmend a good electrican that will do a small job

Basically I want to put a wall socket onto a wall where there is none. its only a small job. i have seen a few advertised on the advertiser but really would like one that doesn't have a call out charge and comes recommended as well

cheers

Jonny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

pm me your details and will take a look at job for you

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I'm piggy backing on here rather than starting a new thread :)

My problem is I rent office space and my esb bills are way higher than they should be - anywhere from €300 at the height of summer to €500/600. The ESB have confirmed that the usage is the equivalent of a light industrial unit but won't do anything to try and check it out. I want to try and get someone in who can see if there's a problem - would a normal electrician be able to check it or what should i be looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

pm me some details and can give you a call or take a look if u like?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Hennybug wrote: »
    I'm piggy backing on here rather than starting a new thread :)

My problem is I rent office space and my esb bills are way higher than they should be - anywhere from €300 at the height of summer to €500/600. The ESB have confirmed that the usage is the equivalent of a light industrial unit but won't do anything to try and check it out. I want to try and get someone in who can see if there's a problem - would a normal electrician be able to check it or what should i be looking for?

I had a similar problem last year in a flat in knocknacarra. My esb bills were about 250 quid a pop. My neighbour couldn't understand it "Mine are only about 65 quid and I don't have gas heating like you, I have fan heaters plugged in in every room". No surprise here what was going on, they had the meters running off the wrong gaffs and my neighbour was running up huge bills because as far as she was concerned it was cheap as chips. Anyway, took about 18 months and a clocked up bill of almost two grand and me calling a leccie out before they admitted fault. Incompetent ****ers.

So yes, get an electrician if you think they're overcharging you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement