Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nova network's excessive use policy?

• 15-01-2010 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Hi i switched to nova recently 50 gig allowance.I am now over that on sppeedtest.net i get 5mb down but on utorrent it go's to 500kbs down for a few few second's the drop's to 350 constant.Is it being limited by Nova?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Most internet providers will limit torrent downloads to protect their and the bandwidth of their other customers from being abused.
    Nowt you can do about it really, couple of tricks you could try to get around it but in the end you've better off finding another way to download whatever it is you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm amazed at your speed's.Is there really a way around stoping them throttling my use

Advertisement