Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat meowing at night / toilet time?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Surely this is normal, my cat, tends to meow at night for no apparent reason. Isnt that just what cats do?
    Also, regarding toilet behaviour, she goes mad just before using her tray, so i know whats coming, its normally when ive just sat down to eat (im sure she just knows!) then afterwards, she'll run about, then stop dead, ears back, like shes possessed! then run off, whats that all about????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Moved this to it's own thread as people were responding to original OPs problem of over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

She's just playing by the sound of it.
    One of ours trots upstairs when we go to bed at night, then she trots back downstairs and does a quick tour around. It's almost as if she's checking all the doors and windows are shut to keep out intruders.
    Then she gurgles and miaows three times before running back up the stairs and plonking herself at the end of the bed and goes asleep! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

My cat can open the kitchen door (has frightened the life out of me more than once at 2am in the morning!), she will meow outside the bedroom door until me or my bf gets up to let her out. But before she goes out she will rub her neck off the skirting boards in the kitchen and roll on her back and look like she wants to play until the back door is opened, then she will bolt out the door and is gone till the morning!!! :D

Advertisement