Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A6 TDIe 2009

• 15-01-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi folks looking for a bit of advice. I have a 2009 A6 TDIe SE with 12,000miles on it. I am looking to sell it and wondering what sort of money I should advertise it at. It is black with a full black leather interior, parking sensors, phone prep. I imported it from the UK. Any advice appreciated. It's cleared on Irish plates. Going to stick it up on the net over the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Geoff845

How much were you hoping for? PM I'm looking for cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 quacker79

how much you want has it the chrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Geoff845 wrote: »
    How much were you hoping for? PM I'm looking for cars.

Ah the trotting dog is back! :D

Its a tough one to put a figure on. It'l have to be cheaper than the Irish equivilent because of the UK clocks (unless of course the clocks have been changed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Around 15K and i might know someone who will take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They are around 40k new as far as I know.
    so 2009 reg and being an import, maybe 28k to 29k?
    see if you get any response.

Edit: I see 2010 for sale for 37.5k so maybe worth less than above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

It has some chrome on the outside. I am hoping for around €34,000 but I know hoping and getting are two different things!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It has some chrome on the outside. I am hoping for around €34,000 but I know hoping and getting are two different things!

I think you are dreaming there, you are looking at 25-28k at best imo.

john47832 wrote: »

At that price, Im sure we all know someone who would take it. I will take 4.

mickdw wrote: »
    At that price, Im sure we all know someone who would take it. I will take 4.

Price was calculated considering there is a recession on and its a buyers market

Price was calculated considering there is a recession on and its a buyers market

Calculated using what? Your extensive knowledge of the current situation in the motor trade? Right.

• Advertisement

yes but its a facelift model with low emissions and €156 tax per year. It surely has to be worth upwards of 25k.

Calculated using what? Your extensive knowledge of the current situation in the motor trade? Right.

No that kind of stuff is redundant these days since we got tinternet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Hi folks looking for a bit of advice. I have a 2009 A6 TDIe SE with 12,000miles on it. I am looking to sell it and wondering what sort of money I should advertise it at. It is black with a full black leather interior, parking sensors, phone prep. I imported it from the UK. Any advice appreciated. It's cleared on Irish plates. Going to stick it up on the net over the weekend.

post some images, show us some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Obviously :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ah yes, t'internet......

which also brought us these

...one of yours, is it.....?? :p

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Sweet J*s*s €15K? Cheapest 09 A6 on carzone is €30K!

Man you'd want to get your calculator out and re-run the figures, I think you meant €25k....

:D

How much does she owe you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

galwaytt wrote: »
    Ah yes, t'internet......

which also brought us these

...one of yours, is it.....?? :p

Most bring that into a dealer tomorrow!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Its worth 30k all day long and it would be a bargain at that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

15k? Let me guess, the guy down the local told you so? Def upwards of 25k. I'd guess 28k ish. You looking to upgrade or downgrade? I know someone that *may* have an interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Advertise for €32K hope to sell for 29ish. €15K is just an unhelpful comment.

• Advertisement

hey 15 is a starting offer, i dont see any of yous hoo haas making an offer

Cop on.

OP is not going to sell his car for 15k or anything like it unless he comes back in 2012. He wasnt looking for offers only a realistic valuation.
    If you genuinely were intersted in the car, you would check to see what they were genuinely moving for then perhaps offer 3 to 4k less than that if you thought the OP wanted rid in a hurry. You didnt do this, you quoted a silly figure which you believe makes you look like 'the man' when in fact it makes you look like a child. Its very easy to make an offer you know cannot be accepted.
    Ive been to very many property auctions where the local fool, who everyone knows is pennyless starts bidding on property up to a level where he knows he wont buy it. When the going gets serious, he has vanished!

Cop on.

OP is not going to sell his car for 15k or anything like it unless he comes back in 2012. He wasnt looking for offers only a realistic valuation.
    If you genuinely were intersted in the car, you would check to see what they were genuinely moving for then perhaps offer 3 to 4k less than that if you thought the OP wanted rid in a hurry. You didnt do this, you quoted a silly figure which you believe makes you look like 'the man' when in fact it makes you look like a child. Its very easy to make an offer you know cannot be accepted.
    Ive been to very many property auctions where the local fool, who everyone knows is pennyless starts bidding on property up to a level where he knows he wont buy it. When the going gets serious, he has vanished!

:rolleyes: actually BUD I didnt make an offer, buying/selling is forbidden on Boards, so before you start pointing your high perception finger at others take a look in the mirror as I'm sure there are many people at the very same "property auctions" who dont have emoticons but when they see you coming are most likely doing same :rolleyes:

Are these the same property auctions where you try make money from other people losing their houses because they cant pay their mortgage, wehere I come from we have a name for people like you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Revenue value the car at around €30k according to the VRT calculator:

VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX (VRT) ENQUIRY Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) Calculation. CO2 emissions input by Revenue.
    DATE: 16 January 2010
    TIME: 02:27
    STATISTICAL CODE: 43185132
    MAKE: AUDI MODEL: A6 2.0 TDI (From Jun. 2004)
    VERSION: TDIE SE 134BHP 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    CO2 EMISSIONS:139</STRONG>
    MILEAGE: 12000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: FEBRUARY 2009
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €30043
    RATE OF TAX: 16%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date)
    €4806

I'd say that is on the optimystic side so you may have to knock a bit off that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

September ish last year we sold (trade sale) a mint condition 05 Audi A6 base model with 20,00km on for €16,500. It was before Audi took about €8,000 off the new price, but even so it makes the €15,00 above look like the ridiculous value it is.

New that would retail about €43,000 in Ireland now so I'd say private sale around 28-29 with trade 24-25. Whichever way you look at it, it's probably a massive amount less than you paid for it last year so you'd have to have a really good reason to need to get rid.

Thanks for all the replies folks. I will hopefully get the car polished up over the weekend and stick her up on the net at €32k and see where I go from there. Thanks again for the help.

Sounds like an offer to me...
    :rolleyes: actually BUD I didnt make an offer, buying/selling is forbidden on Boards

But you know the rules, so obviously the offer isn't a real offer (and it should remain that way please).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Thanks for all the replies folks. I will hopefully get the car polished up over the weekend and stick her up on the net at €32k and see where I go from there. Thanks again for the help.
    Don't, if you put it up too high people will gloss over your ad and won't even bother making an offer. Price it keenly, you'll thank yourself for the extra interest.

Try to make it stand out from the other A6s for sale. Photography is the key in my opinion as well as a realistic price. The basic A6 can look great or a bit dull from the outside depending on wheels etc. Many people cannot put their finger on what makes the difference between the cars that look great & not so great so something as simple as great (original) type wheels and the right photos could really draw someone towards your car. The front of the latest A6 in non sport guise is poor imo whereas the le mans model etc looks great so maybe be creative with the camera. If you can get the buyers out to look at the car, you are winning.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: actually BUD I didnt make an offer, buying/selling is forbidden on Boards, so before you start pointing your high perception finger at others take a look in the mirror as I'm sure there are many people at the very same "property auctions" who dont have emoticons but when they see you coming are most likely doing same :rolleyes:

Are these the same property auctions where you try make money from other people losing their houses because they cant pay their mortgage, wehere I come from we have a name for people like you

I struggle to understand much of the first part of your post. Can you clarify what you mean there? You made a 'starting offer' yet you didnt make an offer? This stuff relating to my high perception finger is very interesting, can you tell me more about that?
    In relation to auctions, I cant say that Ive seen a repossessed family home come up for sale at all here. I have seen complete housing estates being offered in various states of finish. Some bargains to be had there without doubt. That would not be my reason for being at the auction however so you can take back your comments. In fact, you couldnt be more wrong. In reality, in this area, most people have self built one off houses and as such werent paying the inflated prices so we havent the same issues as major cities in relation to price drops.
    The ONLY one in this thread trying to make a quick Euro off of someone else is the person who 'offered' 15k for the 09 A6.

OK, can we drop the "pointed" posts and go back to giving the OP advice (if they still need it)?

Thanks

I have stuck the car up on the net. I have put it on adverts.ie, carzone, cbg and donedeal. Thanks again for the advice.

http://adverts.ie/179403
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1114416

I have stuck the car up on the net. I have put it on adverts.ie, carzone, cbg and donedeal. Thanks again for the advice.

http://adverts.ie/179403
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1114416

Add looks good, lots of decent pictures and info. I'd stick up something about the amount of remaining Audi warranty, and maybe offer to valet the car before sale. 70 quid well spent if it shifts. Just my opinion btw. I think the price is about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

good luck with your sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Maybe stick mileage on done deal ad too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

great pictures, lovely car you got there

remind us again if you haven't already why you are selling it?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    great pictures, lovely car you got there

remind us again if you haven't already why you are selling it?

Thanks. I find the sports suspension very hard on the roads that I travel on most so I am looking to change to a more forgiving suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Thanks. I find the sports suspension very hard on the roads that I travel on most so I am looking to change to a more forgiving suspension.

Have you thought about just changing the suspension, even using oem parts? You'd have it all done for well under 1k.

I had thought about this but I presumed that the cost would be huge. I was also worried about how changing the suspension would effect the warranty. What would have to be changed to soften the ride and would the work have to be done by an Audi dealer?

I see you are Mayo. You wouldnt be the first mayo person not happy with how their Audi rides/drives. I wanted to dump my new A5 in a gap due to the way it behaves on everything except motorway. I cant imagine the A6 being so bad. It would surely have more forgiving suspension than mine anyway. You dont have big wheels either. Dont buy an Msport BMW as a replacement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

The e model has lowered suspension to improve aerodynamics to reduce fuel consumption.

The standard suspension on my 09 A6 is in my opinion anyway a delight. It might look slightly tall but it helps adsorb all those bumps.

Your car looks like the ad says "perfect" so you don't lie.

Where did you get your plate surrounds. Autohaus Wolfsburg ?

Thanks Bazzachazza. I got the surrounds on this website where I bought the number plates. http://www.german-number-plates.com/accessories/?cat=96

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I had thought about this but I presumed that the cost would be huge. I was also worried about how changing the suspension would effect the warranty. What would have to be changed to soften the ride and would the work have to be done by an Audi dealer?

The costs wouldn't be too bad, far less than what you stand to lose just to change the car. I think you're mad to sell it just over the suspension as its not something overly complicated to fix. If you're worried about warranty maybe ask with your local audi garage on what they can do? Replacement with oem parts shouldn't void the warranty?

su_dios wrote: »
    The costs wouldn't be too bad, far less than what you stand to lose just to change the car. I think you're mad to sell it just over the suspension as its not something overly complicated to fix. If you're worried about warranty maybe ask with your local audi garage on what they can do? Replacement with oem parts shouldn't void the warranty?

It certainly should be cheaper than replacing the car. Maybe at least check out cost of changing he parts with Audi and others and the implications for the warranty. There can't be much difference between your suspension and mine. Anyone know should it just be the springs or would there be much more to change ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

changing the wheel/tyre combo may help too.

The tyres and alloys sizes are the same as mine unless he got 18's on it and its a nice ride with the 17's. I have continentals on mine BTW some had Michelins.

Shocks & springs surely. No more required surely apart from a new wheel alignment based on revised ride height and if you have the zenon lights, there may or may not have to be some setting changed to take note of the new ride height again for the self leveling light function.
    All you need to do then is tell revenue you want to pay some extra road tax & vrt as your emissions will probably be higher due to having undone audi good work re air flow efficiency. :)

All you need to do then is tell revenue you want to pay some extra road tax & vrt as your emissions will probably be higher due to having undone audi good work re air flow efficiency

Crikey don't let the Rev see that they will be after everyone who changed tyres, spoilers or chips on their post July 2008 cars that might have messed up the Co2 emission's.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

All you need to do then is tell revenue you want to pay some extra road tax & vrt as your emissions will probably be higher due to having undone audi good work re air flow efficiency. :)

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement