Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A6 TDIe 2009

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mickwhat

Hi folks looking for a bit of advice. I have a 2009 A6 TDIe SE with 12,000miles on it. I am looking to sell it and wondering what sort of money I should advertise it at. It is black with a full black leather interior, parking sensors, phone prep. I imported it from the UK. Any advice appreciated. It's cleared on Irish plates. Going to stick it up on the net over the weekend.
    I will give you 25K cash for the car if it is genuine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mickwhat

mickwhat wrote: »
    My number is <snip>

Edit: mickwhat - feel free to PM the OP, but posting your contact details on a public forum is never a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Best to give your number via pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

mickwhat wrote: »

Thanks for the interest but I am hoping for a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

....fwiw, I now someone with one too, also 09, and ride quality is awful.

As for changing the suspension......to what ? Is there a 'softer' set, OEM ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I'll just take the cash Mick, ok?

/me get's his coat and heads for the hills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

galwaytt wrote: »
    ....fwiw, I now someone with one too, also 09, and ride quality is awful.

As for changing the suspension......to what ? Is there a 'softer' set, OEM ?

It seems there is. The e version of the car is lowered to aid aerodynamic efficiency so there would be the models with more standard ride height Id say which would possibly be a bit more comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

True but that said, this generation A6 has never been known for its ride comfort

The poor ride is not really acceptable in these type of cars tbh. I was recently in a porsche 911 and it rode better than anything from audi on uneven roads with the exception of A8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

mickdw wrote: »
    The poor ride is not really acceptable in these type of cars tbh. I was recently in a porsche 911 and it rode better than anything from audi on uneven roads with the exception of A8.

Goin a bit off topic here i guess but some would say in order to keep up with BMW when it comes to handling, front wheel drive audi's would need to have a harsh ride. BMW's also have a rocky ride though so not sure what to make of it..

Its odd. Ive never been in an E46 M3 but im told they ride better than the msport versions of the standard 3 series on large wheels. Are they just using overly hard suspension to create a sporty drive or what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

This A6 version (manual e model) has sports suspension as standard. To keep the car lower and keeps its emissions under 140g. All other versions have normal suspension so you're right - it is a little firmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Is that the se. I have a passat hiline which has the sport suspension and its terrible to drive. I bought an a8 in uk last year which is on air but i drove the normal one and it was very rough. I dont think the germans realise what the roads are like here and thats half the problem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Its the SE model alright. I took a drive in an A4 to see what it was like and they are pretty much the same with regards ride. I guess it must be the way the Audi's are set up. I must be too used to the Toyota set up.

The new model avensis has the suspension heightened for this country for the rough roads. I wish audi and vw would listen to their irish customers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

malcox wrote: »
    I wish audi and vw would listen to their irish customers

[devil's advocate]
    So the normal car comes with the normal suspension, and the efficiency model comes with lowered suspension for improved aerodynamics.

You have the choice between relative comfort and cheap road tax.

Based on the buying trends of the Irish public, road tax rates have been far more important than driving dynamics in their choice of cars.

Maybe the issue stems from the fact that Audi did listen to their customers....
    [/devil's advocate]

I see your point chris but the passat is 07 so the tax is nearly 600 p/a.

I should have bought the normal car which was cheaper and not mind all my bling:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

But you'd miss your leather and heated seats - I was sure glad for heated seats earlier this month, I'll tell ya. That's bling worth having!! :D

-Chris- wrote: »
    But you'd miss your leather and heated seats - I was sure glad for heated seats earlier this month, I'll tell ya. That's bling worth having!! :D
    Thats true. How did our elders manage, the old morris marina would be a cold yoke during the new year!!!!

Advertisement