Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just changed from Eircom to UPC email q

• 15-01-2010 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have just changed my service provider from eircom to upc. I use an eircom.net email address. It has just dawned on me that I might not be able to continue with this email address anymore because I am no longer an eircom customer - am I right?
    I am having difficulties trying to get my emails at the moment, I know I have to change the settings, any ideas how I do this would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks, this was something I probably should have thought of before now:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eircom webmail should work fine, however I don't believe eircoms outgoing mail server will work on UPC

You could easily use gmails outgoing mail server as a replacement, it's easy enough

Can you still collect your eircom mail using your mail client?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

You should be able to still use your Eircom.net mail address.
    Set your incoming mail server to mail.eircom.net as before.
    Outgoing mail uses the new server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Charlifarley

Thank you, I have set my server settings as suggested by Fuzzy Clam. Now I have another problem, probably caused by me trying to figure this out myself earlier - when I click 'send receive' I get a popup message from Windows security "logon to mail1.eircom.net
    please verify user name and password. are correct for your mail server"
    I have tried entering my eircom email address, or my own user name, and what I think is my password for eircom, but just get an error message. Is it possible that I need a username and password for Upc?
    Thanks again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Gdep

Make your incoming server webmail.eircom.net and your outgoing smtp.upcmail.ie.

Your username and password should still be your original eircom ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Is it possible that I need a username and password for Upc?
    Thanks again :o

I don't think so. Only if you've created a new account with them.

You could try going to the Eircom.net home page and click on My email and try logging in that way. Or then try Password Issues and see if you can change your password.

I tried changing mine that way it but it won't let me. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement