Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which tractor is best

• 15-01-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

hi

im looking to buy a tractor in the region of 115/120hp and about €7000.
    would like an fordtw15, 8210 mk3 or old internaional 1255xl( missed one advertised on donedeal site but now sold it was €6200 or so) as was told these are very good tractors which give very little bother compared the the new tractors out now.

what do others think of these or is there a better tractor out there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

you cant go too far wrong with any of the old fendt tractors ,way ahead of their time.
    this one is on donedeal but is only 105 hp but if its in reasonably good condition the price is ok.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/947885

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

kincaid wrote: »
    hi

would like an fordtw15, 8210 mk3 or old internaional 1255xl( missed one advertised on donedeal site but now sold it was €6200 or so) as was told these are very good tractors which give very little bother compared the the new tractors out now.

a good 110-90 with a few mods would be perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

the fendt is way out of my budget i'm afraid...

fiat 110-90, not sure you would get a good one at 7k.seems to make big money

i really like the international 1255xl, anyone know much about then were they really a good tractor?

hi

its the same one that was on donedeal but now sold:(

• Advertisement

hi

i looked at 1984 1255xl today, bit tatty but engine etc good,
    but had a tapping or clicking noise coming from the pto.the more revs you give it the louder it got...
    he said it was bearings but said these can be replaced by just taking out the pto shaft or would it be more serious in that it would need to be split

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

mossfort wrote: »
    you cant go too far wrong with any of the old fendt tractors ,way ahead of their time.
    this one is on donedeal but is only 105 hp but if its in reasonably good condition the price is ok.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/947885

tidy tractor that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

also a same 90 is also a good tractor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Jack C

What about a Massey 699..though they're only about 100 hp. You'd pick them up for
    around 5-6k..reliable enough but cab lets them down. The 399 of course is a nicer tractor and more horses but hard to find under 10k .

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cartonj

I've a Same Trident 130 that I'm looking to sell, 130hp 4wd. Mechanically perfect but with a bit of rust like them all. I was looking E4500.
    A great tractor in their day and alot handier than a TW or 8210.

• Advertisement

MF 699 was told was not that good of tractor but heard great reviews for the 399, this is like the 4cyl 390 which was a great machine only its 6cyl, however they are alot of money to buy

Any pictures and more info on that Same Trident 130 mate, what year is it etc

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kildarelad

Stay well away from 699 Masseys they would break your heart the amount of back end trouble they give and steering arms break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

MF 699 was told was not that good of tractor but heard great reviews for the 399, this is like the 4cyl 390 which was a great machine only its 6cyl, however they are alot of money to buy

Any pictures and more info on that Same Trident 130 mate, what year is it etc

thanks[/

what about an international 1056 xl

another option would be a 3350 john deere or better still a 3050 ( 105 hp ) fantastic tractor

Deutz - don't know much about these tractors

my neighbour had a jd 3350 and give alot of trouble had only 5500 hrs and said parts were very expensive as for the 3050 are they the older type?
    do both these come with 40k box?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cartonj

This is her, bit of rust around the cab and it could do with front tyres (they're original) but otherwise very good. I put all new lights on her, new slave and master cylinders for the clutch and changed all the oils and filters.
    She's parked up at home as I've moved to Australia

image009ti.jpg

not a bad looking tractor that- where you based?

as stated i looked at a 1255xl the other day but there was a tapping in the pto, seller said it was bearings but think its a broken tooth which could cost €500-700 so do not think il bother with it

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fordfocus1

hi

i have a reconditioned david brown 1690 if your interested, PM and i'll send you pictures etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

HI, dont really like them 1690.

As for the case international on donedeal they are not near as good as the older international and is not worth anywhere near €10,000...

• Advertisement

HI, dont really like them 1690.

As for the case international on donedeal they are not near as good as the older international and is not worth anywhere near €10,000...

Aye way overpriced methinks, is there a big difference in the case's and internationals??

well Internationals give less trouble .....

A Trade Guy In Cork Contacted Me Regarding A 96 Ford 8340 Sle With 9000hrs For €8000 But Heard They Give Gearbox Trouble…
    Also The John Deere 50 Series ie 2850 And 3050 Give Lots Of Trouble With Gearboxes Too, Someone Mentioned Lots Of Trouble With Christmas Tree Type Bearing .
    One Guy Mentioned It Just Stopped Dead In Gear When In Use With Only 6200hrs And Wouldnt Move At ALL

I could get you a right good 8340 for 8500 nice tidy big tractor gearbox seems fine ive tested and driven it !

are more info on it , year, is it blue tip cab, -thanks

watch out for the wiring on the 8340 .

is wiring bad on the later 8340 blue cabs too?

a private guy is offering me a 1993 ford 7840 sle tractor, very tidy and all working.
    what would the price(roughly) of this tractor does anyone know..
    are they worth more than a 8340?

Advertisement