Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing repair - chancer

Options
  • 15-01-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Washing machine went on the blink yesterday and found a repair man on the 'net. Sounded fine on the phone but had read doubts about him when he called. Had an 'assistant' with him. They spent about 10 mins working on the machine. I got a call and had to go out for 10 mins, they said they would be still working on it when I got back. Not, they had left and when I rang the guy he told me that the programme had gone and that a new programme was about €180 plus another €80 for an e-prom. Why do I think they are chancing their arm and don't have a clue. Does anyone know an honest, knowledgeable machine repairman?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

chancer12 wrote: »
    Washing machine went on the blink yesterday and found a repair man on the 'net. Sounded fine on the phone but had read doubts about him when he called. Had an 'assistant' with him. They spent about 10 mins working on the machine. I got a call and had to go out for 10 mins, they said they would be still working on it when I got back. Not, they had left and when I rang the guy he told me that the programme had gone and that a new programme was about €180 plus another €80 for an e-prom. Why do I think they are chancing their arm and don't have a clue. Does anyone know an honest, knowledgeable machine repairman?

Location?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

How old is it? What brand is it? You do know you have more than a one year warranty on it - don't you?

(Just checking)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Ring the manufacture, more than often they have a repair man local who can come out and charge you if it's out of warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

chancer12 wrote: »

I'd say quit worrying about the prices for a second and thank your lucky stars you were not robbed. Probably not the best idea to leave random repair men alone in your house (unless of course there was someone else there?)

Those prices are way off and he is feeding you a load of ... well you get the idea. An e-program honestly. Ring the manufacturer, they will recommend someone.

Can I take a wild guess and say that gumtree.ie was the website you found him?

Advertisement