Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get an Oregon helmet-cam in Ireland?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Who in Ireland is selling these helmet cams?
    regards
    Stovepipe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 niallsan

I know that Aldi had something like this for sale- maybe 2 weeks ago. Sometimes they have older items still in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Hi all,
    I got an ATC 2K for E101 inc. VAT and delivery in a day and a half from pixmania.
    regards
    Stovepipe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I got an ATC 2K for E101 inc. VAT and delivery in a day and a half from pixmania.
    regards
    Stovepipe

Hi Stovepipe - I'm looking for a helmet cam at the moment. How do you find the ATC 2K? I read some reviews complaining about sound quality on this model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Hi there,
    the sound quality is chronic.I flew the camera in a light aircraft and it didn't even pick up the engine noise, which should have been obvious.Picture quality was fine.
    regards
    Stovepipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Thanks for the update, Stovepipe. Other feedback most welcome, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

If you want a helmet cam GO PRO HERO is the only way to go.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EmmyPixel

Pixsavers in Dundrum and Swords Pavillions are doing them. With or without the GPS, no idea what kind of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

I've seen a basic GoPro camera in Dublin fir in the region of 300 Euro.

Didn't have enough time to examine properly to see exactly the package unfortunately.

Must get a look in Dundrum and see what package on offer and typical prices. Wonder if any of the replacement parts are available retail here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

you can get gopros for just under 300 euro. they are the way to go really. i got mine in surfdock.ie. the other headcams are all far below the standard of a gopro. gorpo is not perfect, but it is the nearest thing you can get to perfect for helmet cams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement