Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCOPE TV

Options
  • 16-01-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

I missed this today. Apparently they had a guy on from UCD talking about dinosaurs. So i had alook on RTE's website and found this:
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/scope/scope06/SCOPE3_show05_profile.html
    "We're trying to figure out how big marine reptiles like this plesiosaur, that looked a bit like a Loch Ness monster," he says (holding up a huge bird skull), "are related to crows, like the hooded crow you see commonly around Dublin."
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Some kind of a misquote? I don't need to point out what is wrong with that quotation.Anyhow I have emailed them for clarification. Hopefully we will find out more soon.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Galvasean wrote: »
    I missed this today. Apparently they had a guy on from UCD talking about dinosaurs. So i had alook on RTE's website and found this:
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/scope/scope06/SCOPE3_show05_profile.html

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Some kind of a misquote? I don't need to point out what is wrong with that quotation.Anyhow I have emailed them for clarification. Hopefully we will find out more soon.

He doesn't write dinosaur articles for the Geological Survey of Ireland website by any chance? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Why is it that whenever mainstream ireland gets it's hands on palaeontology related stuff they end up making a complete balls of it?
    And yet, I didn't make the grade. How depressing.

Advertisement