Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please de-ban me from AH - crossed wires

Options
  • 16-01-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

I've been banned from AH for two days which is really crap because I'm having a Friday night at home and I love AH.
    I posted in a thread called "Chick with nice pussy", or something very similar.
    The point of the thread was that potentially rude things were being said about innocuous pictures - the chick with nice pussy was a cute little baby hen sitting beside a small cat.
    One of the posters put in a picture of a spanner or a wrench - one of those bolt opening tools.
    He called it "tool".
    I quoted him, and said "spanner" and I got banned for that.
    It wasn't a personal insult at all. In fact, I edited it a few minutes' later saying "crap - I think that's a wrench" and cited myself as not knowing my tools.
    I mailed back the mod who banned me, but it was about an hour after then ban, so if the mod isn't on anymore, I don't want to be locked out of AH all night!
    Please de-ban me? I feel like an innocent OJ - except, I've been convicted!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The correct procedure when disputing a moderation decision is to PM the mod in question, which you have done. The next stage is to PM one of the CMods and explain things to them. You can find full details of the dispute resolution procedure and a list of all current CMods here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Thanks!
    Wasn't sure what to do next to get this resolved quickly.
    'ppreciate your help!

Advertisement