Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tannery Cookery School

Options
  • 16-01-2010 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Heading down in the morning for a days worth of tuition from Paul Flynn in his school.

Looking forward to this, love his food and that he's Not Richard Corrigan!

I will post up a review tomorrow, mustn't forget notebook and pens. Should be a good day and I'm looking at doing the bread day with Eunice Power of Powerscourt House in a couple of months. My bread making is getting better but maybe she's got something to show me also... it can't hurt!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

I really enjoyed the "King of the Kitchen" course today, best Christmas Present in ages!

Even now I can smell ingredients, loved it! I must go to the bread course with Eunice Power, I'm trying to make a good white yeast bread with Nine months now!

Today was a revelation as to what can be done with good basics and a "little" butter.

I have a bread starter (Poolish) in the fridge now, Monkfish and Prawns wanting to be a Bouillabaise, no Saffron and an idea where to buy Fennel of a Sunday ;)

Much thanks to Steve and Julie (Julia?) for all their help Alll Day, and of course to Paul for sharing all, even his secret recipe for mashed potatoes.

My Son is Five, he tells me Paul's mash is like "God's Clouds". Not our clouds mind, the one's God would look up at.

Enough waffle from me, if your thinking of doing a course on cooking this is the one!

I've tasted things today I never thought I would, and cooked some of them myself.

Good hearty, fairly simple food, ideal enthusiastic amateur cooking!

Advertisement