Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance Question

Options
  • 16-01-2010 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,
    I'm living in Cork City and I read recently that the Community Wefare Officers are having to deal with a hugely increased workload due to the current economic climate. For example a lot more people are applying for rent allowance. If this is the case does anyone know if they are still making house calls as part of the rent allowance application progress?? I don't ask for any sinister or dodgy reasons by the way. I just feel really awkward when they do :o...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine an amount of their time is given over to visits, especially for new cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 velouria07

Cheers for the reply. I'm not a new case though. Have been getting rent allowance for a while now. Just want to transfer it to new address. Moving from Gilabbey Street to Oliver Plunkett Street. Does anyone know who the Community Welfare Officer is for that area?

Cheers

Advertisement