Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap but decent Co-Axial Digital Cable? (for bluray player to soundsystem?)

Options
  • 16-01-2010 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Header says it all; any help much appreciated!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

did you try amazon,dabs or kopmplett?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Header says it all; any help much appreciated!:)

Well i personally wouldn't connect it by a co-axial, use an optical cable they are way clearer, faster and transmit higher detailed signals to the amp It plugs into the slot with the red lasers at the back of the blu ray player... I purchased a very high quality optical cable off play.com for only 10.50 euro, Its 2 meters long and of the highest quality! Have 3 of them connected to my Xbox 360, PS3 and HDTV, Dont even bother trying to find good ones in town or in retailers such as Harvey Normans, PC world, Peats, Etc, as they will rip you off big time and they will be shorter cables too! PS. (They will delivery as this product is under the games section.) And you could also use amazon as there are a wide range of optical cables being sold there , but they will charge your for P&P. Heres the link anyway.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/8114927/Exspect-Universal-Optical-Cable-for-Xbox-360-PS3/Product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Well i personally wouldn't connect it by a co-axial, use an optical cable they are way clearer, faster and transmit higher detailed signals to the amp It plugs into the slot with the red lasers at the back of the blu ray player... I purchased a very high quality optical cable off play.com for only 10.50 euro, Its 2 meters long and of the highest quality! Have 3 of them connected to my Xbox 360, PS3 and HDTV, Dont even bother trying to find good ones in town or in retailers such as Harvey Normans, PC world, Peats, Etc, as they will rip you off big time and they will be shorter cables too! PS. (They will delivery as this product is under the games section.) And you could also use amazon as there are a wide range of optical cables being sold there , but they will charge your for P&P. Heres the link anyway.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/8114927/Exspect-Universal-Optical-Cable-for-Xbox-360-PS3/Product.html

My soundsystem is a Philips DVD/5.1 virtual surround system, with excellent quality speakers, BUT only a coaxial input for digital sources. Bummmmer!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Digital coax cables are normally very expensive but you can get around this very cheaply. If you buy a 75 ohm RCA cable it works exactly the same as a digital coax cable and they are cheap as chips. You can pick one up for about €5.

Advertisement