Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Club. Up In The Air. Cineworld Dublin. Friday Jan 29th (19:30)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Pter wrote: »
    Me plus friend are going. Are we going for seats together or just anywhere?

I don't really think seats together is a viable option. I mean, not taht we really need to, since the golden rule is no talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Just so I know, the last time I was in Cineworld, a disabled customer was able to get free admission for their "carer" (hate that term). Is that still the position, and if so, who wants to be my carer for the evening (Boys need not apply :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Galvasean wrote: »
    I don't really think seats together is a viable option. I mean, not taht we really need to, since the golden rule is no talking.

Thats what i figured.

Coolers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

marwelie wrote: »
    Just so I know, the last time I was in Cineworld, a disabled customer was able to get free admission for their "carer" (hate that term). Is that still the position, and if so, who wants to be my carer for the evening (Boys need not apply :D)
    I'm not 100%, but Im pretty sure this is still the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Still, I'd like to sit beside someone I know. Well not a complete stranger. I mean I could be sitting beside anyone....I mean

You know what I mean :mad: I think we'd all like to sit together :P
    marwelie wrote: »

*clicks fingers* Drat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

As long as I'm not sitting behind a tall person I don't mind where it is.

Was thinking about spots for after the film. The Church and T.P. Smyths both look a good bet. Any preferences?

As long as theres a level entrance and a wheelchair accessible toilet I'm happy.

The Woolshed has both and its right next door just in case

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Do you need to fix the link in your sig, marwelie? :)

I know very little about this film, heard one or two reviews, but I've not seen any trailers or ads.

Do you need to fix the link in your sig, marwelie? :)

QUOTE]

My sig works fine on my home computer, not showing on my work one though :confused:

I'll investigate the matter and report back. Any techies know why its not working? Using imageshack to host the image.

• Advertisement

I suggested the Woolshed before, but they have an over 21s policy and I don't think everyone coming is over 21.

Shame, the last time I saw 21 was on the back of a bus!

What about the bar in the cinema?

Valmont wrote: »
    What about the bar in the cinema?

I've seen it, looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 flutterberry

hey ive been looking for a film club to go to. would love to attend this, is anybody able to turn up? dunno if i can make it tonight but hopefully there will be future meetings

hey ive been looking for a film club to go to. would love to attend this, is anybody able to turn up?

From what I've gathered there should be at least 12 people coming.

Are you allowed hang around in the Cineworld bar after your movie? If so, i suppose we could do that.

yea i think you can hang out there might be good as it would be quiet enough to chat about the movie etc so meeting there at half 6 is it? how will the group be recognisable?

yea i think you can hang out there might be good as it would be quiet enough to chat about the movie etc so meeting there at half 6 is it? how will the group be recognisable?

I'll be there from six. Keep an eye out for a guy sitting at a table with this on it:
    Creationism.jpg
    (motivational borders not included)

I look like this:
    n549322664_1850586_3618.jpg
    (I suppose Ill wear that jumper for convenience)

lovin the dinosaurs! doesnt look like im gonna be able to make it pity now when will the next film club be? hope everybody enjoys the movie

lovin the dinosaurs! doesnt look like im gonna be able to make it pity now when will the next film club be? hope everybody enjoys the movie

It will probably be around this time next month. Might make it bi-weekly if there's enough demand.

• Advertisement

I am absolutely shattered right now. And cranky. But no more work til Monday. And a good film to look forward to.

Edit: Meeting in the bar? Buy my ticket on my own then? :( Hate being alone. Anyone else meeting downstairs so we all walk up together?

MORE EDIT: Sorrrted <3 you

I'll be there from six. Keep an eye out for a guy sitting at a table with this on it:
    Creationism.jpg
    (motivational borders not included)

I look like this:
    n549322664_1850586_3618.jpg
    (I suppose Ill wear that jumper for convenience)

Cant see either of your pictures for some reason but I know what the dinosaur looks like. If you see someone in a wheelchair with a black hoodie on that says "You say Grumpy like its a bad thing" it'll be me. Hope to be there just after six myself

bi weekly would be good cos mid week would prob suit me better also it would be good to see some alternative movies in the irish film institute or whatever but still love a bit of cheesiness also!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Should be there from around 6.30, although not sure if that will be with someone in toe just yet.

bi weekly would be good cos mid week would prob suit me better also it would be good to see some alternative movies in the irish film institute or whatever but still love a bit of cheesiness also!

Maybe two meetings a month - one mainstream, one non mainstream?

We shall discuss it tonight I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Maybe two meetings a month - one mainstream, one non mainstream?

We shall discuss it tonight I'm sure.

The film has been moved from screen 6/7 to screen 14. Same times.

ahhhhh crap, I have to go into work at 6. Not happy about this at all. Enjoy the film, I'll have to watch Stephen King's IT when I get home.:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Heading for the train in the next few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I shall hope to make an appearence. Had a hectic week on the beer and with my liver begging for mercy, I can see no better way to round off the week than a visit to the debut of the boards.ie film club. Saw the film already and it is more than good enough to merit a second viewing.

On a lighter note:

I see it now us pledging allegiance to the film club and Galvasean.

Galvasean:Repeat after me: I...

Boardies: I...

Galvasean: ...your name...

Boardies: ...your name...

Galvasean: [to himself] Shmucks.
    [continues aloud]

Galvasean: ...do pledge allegiance...

Boardies: ...do pledge allegiance...

Galvasean: ...to Galvasean...

Boardies: ...to Glaswegian...

Galvasean: That's *Galvasean*!

Boardies: That's Galvasean!

Galvasean: ...and to the evil...

Boardies: ...and to the evil...

Galvasean: ...for which he stands.

Boardies: ...for which he stands.

Galvasean: Now go do... that voodoo... that YOU do... SOOOO WELLLLLL!

[People throw popcorn and drinks to the sky in joy and run off to see Up in the air]

Ahhhh well as I said its been a long week and it was funny in my head :confused:LOL Anyone who doesn't get the reference isn't welcome tonight :D I kid I kid

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone who showed up. Good movie.
    I'll post more tomorrow when I'm less sleepy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement