Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Club. Up In The Air. Cineworld Dublin. Friday Jan 29th (19:30)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Galvasean wrote: »

I look like this:
    n549322664_1850586_3618.jpg
    (I suppose Ill wear that jumper for convenience)

WOW!!

I didn't know Ian Beale was a boardsie :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks everyone.
    Enjoyed the film, it was pretty sharp and entertaining..like the pub banter!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hey hey people, good night. I never really gave my username cos you'd be like, who? I was knackered last night, so didn't talk much. I was wearing the grey top. I'm the small one :p

I remember sitting in the bar with Sean, marwalie, Wacker and his gf (sorry username forgotten). Wacker and Sean got into really deep debates. I realised how clueless I am about films in general. Of course I was playing with the rhino and triceratops :P

Then 3 or 4 (yeah, usernames gone too) more others arrived. All probably much more smarter than me. Except one, he knows who he is :D

Oh and I'm sorry about my absence after the film in the pub next door, I turned on me phone and a mate calls me so had to nip over to Capitol for a minute. But I did come back 15 mins later. Missed the food, but got to watch football. Sorry, I did ignore a few people :pac:

As for the film itself. Yeah very good. Loved it. Hilarious at times. Nice easy plot to follow.

As for That Guy, what happened? Someone in the group broke the golden rule. We needed you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A good evening I must say. Not sure how much discussion the film provoked (since pretty much everyone liked it) but still good fun :pac: Next time we have to choose something a bit more... polarising.

(Also: shakes fist at Wool Shed bouncer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Made it home in one piece. Nice to meet some fellow boardsies, will have to meet you a few more times before I'm able to put names and faces together! Enjoyable film, very funny. Recommended to anyone who hasnt seen it.

Any ideas for next time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gknit

Thanks for making an interloper like myself welcome yesterday evening. I was the one there that wasn't male (wacker/Michael's girlfriend). I didn't bother mentioning my boards username as I don't post much, but thought I'd introduce myself here anyway. I'd a very good night and would definitely be interested in future meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just checking in. Good movie, good debate, good company.

Twas a good night. And was nice meeting you guys and girl(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 flutterberry

it sounds like the inaugral filmclub was a success any discussion on the frequency and the mainstream and non mainstream idea wat was the film itself like

keefg wrote: »
    WOW!!

I didn't know Ian Beale was a boardsie :D

Looks more like Dawson Leery to me LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

IvySlayer wrote: »

As for That Guy, what happened? Someone in the group broke the golden rule. We needed you.

I went out on Thursday night and was sick all day Friday. Not cool. I did go to see it earlier today though. Rather enjoyed it.

Who broke the rule??? Who I say?

Also... Many burds show up for this? I kid....

<.<

>.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Who broke the rule?

>_>

<_<

It was me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (realised about ten minutes into the film that my phone was on so turned it off on the sly, better that than hearing my Bollywood ring tone)

Just for the record, can we keep discussion of future screenings to the other thread (to prevent confusion).

Sorry about that Boss :cool:

How about closing this thread, think its done and dusted!

Yeah, not a whole lot of debate (outside of who it is I look like) going on here.
    Stupid good film :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement