Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

co2/hpa

Options
  • 16-01-2010 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

ok im trying to set a hpa/co2 system for my gas guns and here is my question can i use a paintball hpa tank and fit it with a Mad Bull XC02 adapter and use high pressure air that is regulated by the adapter or do i have to use the Mad Bull XC02 adapter only with paintball co2 tanks or is there an adapter i can get that would do the same as the Mad Bull XC02 adapter but for a hpa tank?The reson i want to use a hpa tank is i dive and have a compressor and fittings to decant from my dive bottles to the hpa tank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

i beleive Kdouglas would be the man to ask ,im sure he has a hpa rig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

how would i go about asking him?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

try through pm hes on the mod list at the bottom right of the page main page

cheers ill give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

As far as I know you can't use CO2 equipment with HPA. As HPA is at a much higher pressure then CO2 so you will just blow the burst disk/seals. AFAIK, HPA being 3000-4500 psi and CO2 being around 700-950 psi.

• Advertisement

ya over a night of research i found out you cant just inject hpa into your mag because after 5-6 shots the pressure will be gone from your mag so that why it has to be rigged and regulated from the rig so i have scraped that idea and moved to.... if i have a co2 paintball bottled can i attach it to this http://www.prolificpaintball.com/productDetailServlet?ProductStoreCategory=25-NJA-NINJARCKSC and then attach the male connection to the madbull co2 adapter?

Yes, but you wouldn't need the remote coil. The CO2 bottle would just screw onto the regulator (after you take the 12g cartridge housing off first of course). Sorry I was thinking of the Madbull XCO3 adapter, forgot the XCO2 doesn't come with the 12g cartridge housing.

the reason i was going to use the connector is because there will be in a pouch with the bottle in it connected to my molle vest and if it would work i could keep the mad-bull adapter in another pouch on my belt so wont have to fumble around with the bottle but instead i would have easy access to the adapter on the end of the connector.....would that work?

Yes it would. But may I ask what do you intend to fill up? Like do you really need to carry a bottle of CO2 around with you? As I usually run out of BB's before I run out of gas.

well theres two us on a team we both use only gas guns of different sorts and carrying cans of gas is a pain and expensive .We have a constant supply of free 20oz bottles that we don't have to refill just bring back and get a new1.so it should work fine?

• Advertisement

What I meant by carry a bottle of CO2 around with you, I meant on the field. It just seems like unnecessary weight as its not as if you can get hi cap gas mags so you shouldn't run out of gas before you run out of BB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Only saw this thread now, damagegt PM'd me and I've gone through the setup with him, but if anyone needs help with this kind of stuff in future give me a shout.

Advertisement