Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haitian Earthquake - Man Made?

Comments

It's typically a good idea to post your own views on the subject too: it stimulates discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

It's typically a good idea to post your own views on the subject too: it stimulates discussion.

Typically i would, but the information on the link is so far above my head i am throwing it open to the more erudite denizens of the forum in the hope that they may shed some light on the subject.

Essentially, i have no view other than to say this is ridiculous, surely?

I was going to bring it to the geniuses in the weather section but figured it would just be moved here anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

ye possibly a clean up contract taken on by alaskan haarp :)
    or just a massive massive earth quake. dont think it can be proven either way as the damage is already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

"This particular ice bridge breaks up and reforms regularly. Even though the images show a routine event, they provide a spectacular view of the sometimes dramatic arrival of summer in the Polar South."

Definitely a conspiracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Thanks espinolman, is there a part two to that video? it ends kind of abruptly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

50,000+ dead. I thought some of you would have more respect than to start a thread like this.

50,000+ dead. I thought some of you would have more respect than to start a thread like this.

I don't see how it is disrespectful to bring a conspiracy theory that is out there to the attention of the conspiracy theories forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Yeah , like i'm feeling real guilty for posting here and discussing this after reading the above post .

But that is what you want PirateShampoo , is'nt it , you want us to feel sorry for posting here !

As long as nobody says anything disrespectful or insensitive I'm ok with it. I'll be watching this thread carefully, and if anybody crosses the boundary they'll be banned immediately.

• Advertisement

So whats the theory?

America and Scandinavia just committed Genocide?

espinolman wrote: »
    Yeah , like i'm feeling real guilty for posting here and discussing this after reading the above post .

But that is what you want PirateShampoo , is'nt it , you want us to feel sorry for posting here !

I don't really care how you feel, i full expect you and a few others to continue posting nonsense in this thread with no evidence what so ever to back it up with.

Only difference this time its not a spiral in the sky its 1.2 million people homeless and 50,000 people+ are dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

espinolman wrote: »

That video is incredibly stupid.
    The cloud didn't go away because of the ELF.
    It when away because he turned the thing off.

Also Haarp cannot ionize parts of the atmosphere low enough to affect weather.

And effecting the weather cannot generate earthquakes.

An incredibly stupid and insensitive theory IMHO.

I don't really care how you feel, i full expect you and a few others to continue posting nonsense in this thread with no evidence what so ever to back it up with.

Only difference this time its not a spiral in the sky its 1.2 million people homeless and 50,000 people+ are dead.

I don't understand your indignance.

This is a conspiracy theory forum the purpose of which, to many i'm sure is to dispel ignorance. I brought it to the attention of the forum so that somebody better equipped than me can shoot down the theory so that i, and others may be better equipped to shoot it down, if confronted with it, which i have been.

Your whining is counter productive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Can you explain how heating air is meant to cause earthquakes?

How do you know that Haarp produces clouds like that?
    How do you know that video was even taken anywhere close to the earthquake let alone 30 minutes before it?

So not going to answer my questions then?

Why answer someone's questions when you can just dismiss them as a government agent?

After a request via PM I'm going to reopen this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I don't understand your indignance.

This is a conspiracy theory forum the purpose of which, to many i'm sure is to dispel ignorance. I brought it to the attention of the forum so that somebody better equipped than me can shoot down the theory so that i, and others may be better equipped to shoot it down, if confronted with it, which i have been.

Your whining is counter productive.

So whats the Conspiracy? Wheres the evidence? Are you suggesting that the U.S military just committed genocide?

Was the aftershock today a follow up attack?

If you've any proof of anything posted in this thread then show us. You wouldnt even find a thread like this in AH.

So whats the Conspiracy? Wheres the evidence? Are you suggesting that the U.S military just committed genocide?

Was the aftershock today a follow up attack?

If you've any proof of anything posted in this thread then show us. You wouldnt even find a thread like this in AH.

The OP isn't saying anything about the theory. He merely posted a link to an article which describes a theory. He said that he doesn't believe in it, and just wants to hear other's opinions on it; infact, he even said that he wants to be able to shoot the theory down when confronted with it, and that the theory is ridiculous.

Quit with the vendetta PirateShampoo.

So if its ridiculous why are we discussing it?

How can u shoot down something when theres nothing to actually shoot down.

So I'll take that as a no then.

I'll presume the reason you aren't answering the questions is because you can't.
    There is no mechanism for hot air to cause an earthquake.
    You don't know that Haarp can produce those types of cloud and you have no reason to believe it can.
    And you can't show that the video was taken anywhere near the time or place of an earthquake.
    The only reason you think any of that is true is because you've bought it from a CT website unquestioningly.

Here's a great article/podcast describing what Haarp can, and more importantly, can't do.
    http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4122

There you have it. Time to close the conspiracy theory forum down.

There is evidence, which i believe to be completely false, provided in the link, it was my hope to see it shot down but those who might know more than you or i about this. Unfortunately, the thread has descended into whining, copying and pasting and ignoring questions.

And many, many of the other theories posted in this forum aren't ridiculous? Why are they discussed? It's being discussed because the theory exists, it doesn't necessarily matter whether the theory is true or not.

Here's the article, that's what has to be shot down. Yes, it's unfathomably ridiculous, but it's still a less ridiculous theory than many of them that are discussed in this forum.

And no, incase anybody thinks so, I'm no advocating the theory. Infact, I've no interest in discussing or arguing for or against the theory. I'm merely moderating the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

is anybody here seriously discussing that man-mad idea? it really does not get much more preposterous than that...i thought the whole thread was just a bad joke...

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    So I'll take that as a no then.

I'll presume the reason you aren't answering the questions is because you can't.
    There is no mechanism for hot air to cause an earthquake.
    You don't know that Haarp can produce those types of cloud and you have no reason to believe it can.
    And you can't show that the video was taken anywhere near the time or place of an earthquake.
    The only reason you think any of that is true is because you've bought it from a CT website unquestioningly.

Here's a great article/podcast describing what Haarp can, and more importantly, can't do.
    http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4122

Thank you. This is essentially what i was looking for and couldn't find elsewhere.

It might seem stupid to others but i have actually been confronted with this nonsense and had nothing in reply other than "don't be ridiculous". I prefer to confront such buffoons with facts that whether or not they will admit it, make them feel slightly foolish.

You can stop the whining now.

it really does not get much more preposterous than that.

You haven't been here that long have you?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mysillyusername

so how exactly did an array of antenna's cause the movement of plates in an earthquake prone area???

They can't even wait 24 hours after the HAAP attack to start exploiting Haiti. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VLiqgm2ma0&feature=player_embedded#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

If it was a HAARP attack on Yemen or something, but Haiti? What was the motive does anyone know?

Why bother looking for motive when Haarp can't cause earthquakes?

It's almost as if you've already jumped to the conclusion that it was the government with absolutely no cause what so ever.

In fact Pat Robertson's idea that the earthquake was because Haiti made a deal with the devil is as likely as it being caused by the American government.

• Advertisement

well lets just 'imagine' for one instant that this earthquake was caused by some goverment...why Haiti????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭wordcount

100,000 real human being dead, a nation alredy the poorest on earth in complete devastation and someone posts a moronic question like above. My God what has the human condition been reduced to. when discussing the "conspiracy" have a moment of compassion for the real suffering of people in that place now. How can you people continue with this?

sorry but I was being sarcastic....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

OOps sorry uncle_sam_ie.
    The US Administration ultimately seeks to militarize the Caribbean basin

Can't see it myself.
    King Mob wrote: »
    Why bother looking for motive when Haarp can't cause earthquakes?

Something else I've no proof of. I suggest neither do you btw.

This thread is currently a lot more hassle than it's worth. I've received a couple of PM's complaining about the thread, so I'm going to close it.

Perhaps the topic can be discussed at a later time when it's not such an emotive and contentious topic, but for now, it's closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement