Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too far Bernie, too far.

• 16-01-2010 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hard to believe really.

Can imagine watching a great on track battle.... just to see it disappear as one car takes a shortcut, would probably be the end of proper overtaking from the sport

They've got rid of refueling so it will be interesting to see if that makes things more boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Is it April 1st already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Is this F1 or some new computer game with a little bit of monoply mixed in (stop , don't pass go)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

The man's mental capacity has finally oozed out his left ear. 'Oh look... is that retirement home Bernie?!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Why not introduce red shells as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Is he trying to copy rallycross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Short cuts? For f*ck sake!

Check this out, as an alternative. Could be interesting..

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3261_5860270,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Why not introduce red shells as well?

In fairness, that would be frickin awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

That's it, unless the top brass get the hell out of F1 the top tier teams need to leave and form their own league. This is just getting to insanity levels...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

smooch71 wrote: »
    Check this out, as an alternative. Could be interesting..

In that article:
    "It may be a bit Scalextric but quite frankly I'm sick and tired of staring at dull processional F1 races. If F1 is going to reclaim the Xbox and PlayStation generation then it needs to shake things up and this is one of the ways to do it without spending a load of money redesigning the cars."

I'm from the Xbox and PS generation and quite frankly I dont understand why we need to reclaim us. F1 has been around a long time and its going to stay around, why would we gimmick the sport with crap like this?

On a side note, I wouldnt take Bernie seriously with this sort of thing. He always comes out with something crazy to get people talking and looking for reasonable solutions....medals anyone?

• Advertisement

frostie500 wrote: »
    In that article:

I'm from the Xbox and PS generation and quite frankly I dont understand why we need to reclaim us. F1 has been around a long time and its going to stay around, why would we gimmick the sport with crap like this?

On a side note, I wouldnt take Bernie seriously with this sort of thing. He always comes out with something crazy to get people talking and looking for reasonable solutions....medals anyone?

Yeah I agree with you and I'm not in favour of any gimmicks that create artificial racing either.

I too am from the Playstation generation. And I mean the Playstation with the F1 game that came out in 1996, but have been an F1 fan longer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

smooch71 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with you and I'm not in favour of any gimmicks that create artificial racing either.

I too am from the Playstation generation. And I mean the Playstation with the F1 game that came out in 1996, but have been an F1 fan longer than that.

Same with me, I've watched F1 as long as I can remember and I dont see why we need to change the sport. We're coming off the back of four or five great seasons with close racing and tension all the way through the season, why do the powers that be want to mess with what we have now? We had periods of pretty poor racing earlier in the decade but we dont have that anymore; people seem to equate easy overtaking with 'great racing' but if overtaking happens at every corner what's special about it? If they want to make overtaking more prevalant they should change the racetracks not the cars. Bring us back to the classical layouts of circuits and they would get increased overtaking without going down the route of changing the sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

"It may be a bit Scalextric but quite frankly I'm sick and tired of staring at dull processional F1 races. If F1 is going to reclaim the Xbox and PlayStation generation then it needs to shake things up and this is one of the ways to do it without spending a load of money redesigning the cars."

surely turning off the damage feature would be the best way round this ? :D

surely turning off the damage feature would be the best way round this ? :D

Very sharp....

Advertisement