Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackie Skellies Membership

Options
  • 16-01-2010 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have Jackie Skellies membership that I am going to cancel but thought I would check and see if anyone is looking for a membership. I've been a member for over 2 years now so a membership transfer should save everyone the hassle of the 12 month contract period. Probably just a relatively small fee for the transfer of name. I'm currently paying €71.00 a month and includes all the JS gyms.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

glynross wrote: »
    I have Jackie Skellies membership that I am going to cancel but thought I would check and see if anyone is looking for a membership. I've been a member for over 2 years now so a membership transfer should save everyone the hassle of the 12 month contract period. Probably just a relatively small fee for the transfer of name. I'm currently paying €71.00 a month and includes all the JS gyms.

Be careful cancelling with Jackie Skellys they have some shall we say unusual cancellation policies, take it from somebody they tried it on with. There is actually a website dedicated to opposing the practice they engage in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ttilting

1) 71 euro pm for JS membership !!! your being ripped off! its normally 63pm

2) you cant 'sell on' a membership .... particularly a monthly membership.... also ... anyone who pays them a set up fee in the 'current climate' before going onto monthly membership is not very clever !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 glynross

I signed up in 2006 so apparently it was more expensive back them. Looks like the cancellation route might be my only option then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

glynross wrote: »
    I signed up in 2006 so apparently it was more expensive back them. Looks like the cancellation route might be my only option then.

Be careful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

they'll reduce it if you tell them your mates are paying less etc.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I'm cancellin mine at end of jan with them2year as but reckon its expensive as well. have to cancel over the desk. was told they need 2direct debit when cancelling which brings in the 60day cancelling period. so when i cancel i'll be here to the end of march. seems simple enough but i have read the threads also so expectin a bumpy ride.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

cowzerp wrote: »
    they'll reduce it if you tell them your mates are paying less etc.

When I canceled mine last year, they offered to drop it to €58 a month. I moved to greener pastures anyway, but I was sick I hadn't tried to get a cheaper rate earlier.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement