Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of BackYard Wrestling?

Options
  • 16-01-2010 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I for one think It is incredibly dangerous. A friend of mine joined one called 'UBW' and not one wrestler was trained. There videos were removed from youtube because of their violent antics and my friend banged his head off a ladder in a match and now suffers from 'cluster headaches' also known as suicicde headaches for their intesne pain. Afterwards, I tried to start a campaign against this backyard 'fed' and I was austracised and hated on for trying to do what I thought was the right thing. Now this organisation has resported in using racist comments against me because I am Irish, if anyone wants to see it it is in their blogs here http://ubwonline.ning.com/profiles/blog/list)
    Bottom line is, what do you think of racism and does anyone have any advice on how I should handle this? I was very frustrated and I made this video in response to UBW, I know it wasn't entirely mature but I was livid at how this organisation is able to exist.
    Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

its idiocy and in no way can we promote such a thing on boards where impressionable idiots can read about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrelandsPatriot

its idiocy and in no way can we promote such a thing on boards where impressionable idiots can read about it.
    I'm not promoting it, I', condemning it

I'm not promoting it, I', condemning it

yeah i know i agree with you, although in the past here we have had people come on promoting Backyard wrestling and as much as id like to allow everyone to have an opinion as i said there are impressionable people Kids/Idiots who could read such and get ideas in there head, therefore I want to state that immediatley and apologise in advance if how this thread develops means i have to lock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrelandsPatriot

yeah i know i agree with you, although in the past here we have had people come on promoting Backyard wrestling and as much as id like to allow everyone to have an opinion as i said there are impressionable people Kids/Idiots who could read such and get ideas in there head, therefore I want to state that immediatley and apologise in advance if how this thread develops means i have to lock it.
    Ok Bounty no problem, and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I for one think It is incredibly dangerous. A friend of mine joined one called 'UBW' and not one wrestler was trained. There videos were removed from youtube because of their violent antics and my friend banged his head off a ladder in a match and now suffers from 'cluster headaches' also known as suicicde headaches for their intesne pain. Afterwards, I tried to start a campaign against this backyard 'fed' and I was austracised and hated on for trying to do what I thought was the right thing. Now this organisation has resported in using racist comments against me because I am Irish, if anyone wants to see it it is in their blogs here http://ubwonline.ning.com/profiles/blog/list)
    Bottom line is, what do you think of racism and does anyone have any advice on how I should handle this? I was very frustrated and I made this video in response to UBW, I know it wasn't entirely mature but I was livid at how this organisation is able to exist.
    Thank you

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Picture-only reply? Facepalm? Demotivational picture?

I should start a campaign against using internet memes. It's not funny. Just makes you look like a 10-year old American. LOL EPIC FAIL DUUD! C'mon, you're better than that.

Good for you OP for taking the time out to highlight the safety aspect. It's an unpopular opinion, but you care more for them than the other 'wrestlers' do.

Anyway, BackYard Feds are dangerous because untrained adolescents are battering each other un-supervised. There's nothing you can do about it. They're just a cheaper version of the indy workers who do this for a 'living'. You can't stop idiots doing stupid things and hurting themselves, whether they're wrestling fans or not. Just don't approve of it or help them out.

I'll also come clean in that myself and my friends do a wrestling show maybe every two months out in Meath. We shoot promos, vignettes and wrestle in a bouncy castle. We don't do any dangerous stunts or batter each other with light bulbs or any of that garbage. It's just for ourselves and safety is our top priority.

It annoys me that these BYFedders justify themselves by saying 'we're just fans, and we're the fans that pay wrestlers' or something like that. That's an invalid argument because wrestlers (and wrestling companies) want them as their fans. It's the danger associated with their activities -- and the subsequent backlash legitimate wrestlers receive -- that they're concerned with.

Basically you can't do much, but tell people that are interested in backyard wrestling about your friend's story, they might think twice afterwards. If they still wanna risk injury, then let them. If you're feeling sneaky, maybe pass a video link on to their mom. That's pretty underhanded and kinda crosses a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Picture-only reply? Facepalm? Demotivational picture?

I should start a campaign against using internet memes. It's not funny. Just makes you look like a 10-year old American. LOL EPIC FAIL DUUD! C'mon, you're better than that.

Good for you OP for taking the time out to highlight the safety aspect. It's an unpopular opinion, but you care more for them than the other 'wrestlers' do.

Anyway, BackYard Feds are dangerous because untrained adolescents are battering each other un-supervised. There's nothing you can do about it. They're just a cheaper version of the indy workers who do this for a 'living'. You can't stop idiots doing stupid things and hurting themselves, whether they're wrestling fans or not. Just don't approve of it or help them out.

I'll also come clean in that myself and my friends do a wrestling show maybe every two months out in Meath. We shoot promos, vignettes and wrestle in a bouncy castle. We don't do any dangerous stunts or batter each other with light bulbs or any of that garbage. It's just for ourselves and safety is our top priority.

It annoys me that these BYFedders justify themselves by saying 'we're just fans, and we're the fans that pay wrestlers' or something like that. That's an invalid argument because wrestlers (and wrestling companies) want them as their fans. It's the danger associated with their activities -- and the subsequent backlash legitimate wrestlers receive -- that they're concerned with.

Basically you can't do much, but tell people that are interested in backyard wrestling about your friend's story, they might think twice afterwards. If they still wanna risk injury, then let them. If you're feeling sneaky, maybe pass a video link on to their mom. That's pretty underhanded and kinda crosses a line.

The irony of you accusing others of sounding like 12 year old americans before going on to say you and your friends wrestle in a bouncy castle is not lost on me.

To the OP. You need to turn this into an angle. Create a character, something like Paddy "the Oppressed" O'Doherty. Play on your Irishness and seek retribution against those who have racially abused you. Your catchphrase could be "bejaysus and beggorrah" and your finishing move could be smashing a sliothar into their face with a hurley from 10 yards away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I say its a work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I say its a work.

+1

I stopped watching it after a minute, seemed like your cutting a ****ing promo dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Worst thread I have ever seen in my life.

Some young lad cutting a promo on you tube on a fed no one's ever heard of?

Can I start a thread with Gerard C cutting a promo on Conor Hurley in that case?

"I come from Dublin and thats enough for me to beat the **** outa you ya little c*nt." LOL. You're gonna be fair embarrassed about this in a few years mate, seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You also have unfeasibly large hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

This must be the Sheamus effect, now every young lad, think they can be the next Celtic Warrior.. Putting themselves over on Youtube like they're Hogan!.. ffs

abandonthread.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement