Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Motorway to Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Why does the photo caption say Junction 18 but the signposts show 17 ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

lovelyhome wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Open Street Map is up to date for the M6/M4 Galway-Dublin route. Can see junction numbers and layouts on it. The only thing to bear in mind about Open Street Map is that, while it is very up to date for major roads such as motorways, it's not up to date for some minor routes.

Why does the photo caption say Junction 18 but the signposts show 17 ?

Woops! That's my mistake. That is infact Junction 17. Junction 18 doesn't exist yet. J18 will be the M6 junction with the M17/M18 at Rathmorrissey when they eventually get built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

As a matter interest any reason why the access road on/off the M6 at athenry is such poor quality particularly between the first and third roundabouts coming out of Athenry (behind Joyces supermarket).At first i though it was a temporary dressing but its road marked and has cats eyes down so it must be permanent. As someone who drives a bike i find this road surface very dangerous in the wet.

DD67, I'm not sure on this but I think that might actually only be a temporary surface because there seemed to be temporary roadwork style speed limit signs rather than permanent ones.
    They're in the process of building a second link road over to the Derrydonnell side of the town. I'm guessing that when the second link road is open, they will be able to put a permanent surface down on the existing one without causing major disruption. The existing link road probably had to be rushed so they could get the main motorway open on the 18th of December. During the floods, when there was the emergency opening of the motorway, people couldn't get on or off the motorway at Athenry - I assume because the existing link road wasn't ready at the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement