Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help!

Options
  • 16-01-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Ok sorry to trouble the good folks here, but i arranged to meet to meet a lovely lady tonight (Saturday) for a few drinks in the city (Limerick). Anyway for the life of me i can't think of a decent place where we could go and;

1. Be able to sit down
    2. Be able to hear each other
    3. Not be surrounded by pissed Munster fans after the Treviso game (not to sound like a snob, i'm usually one of those people!)

All suggetions welcome!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Miley

How about the bar in the George Hotel. Nice place for a drink and a chat and should be free of pissheads

• Registered Users Posts: 27 harmarsuperstar

Miley wrote: »
    How about the bar in the George Hotel. Nice place for a drink and a chat and should be free of pissheads

Never been there myself, thanks for the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

George will be quieter people wise, but they have a dj on sat nights which is ridiculously loud, you could try the back bar in the Locke, or inside in nancy's

foinse wrote: »
    George will be quieter people wise, but they have a dj on sat nights which is ridiculously loud, you could try the back bar in the Locke, or inside in nancy's

Nancy's crossed my mind but i'm not meeting her until 9, could be a bit mobbed by then i'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Hotel bars would be the best the strand is nice as is no 1 pery square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Maybe the Savoy bar where the mariott hotel is on henry st. never been in there, but it seems quiet enough in there most of the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The Savoy is nice, the Bailey can be as well but it could be pretty busy by 9pm

Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To be honest most places no matter how quiet they can be on a regular Saturday night will be busy on a Munster night. I think a hotel bar like the Savoy is a good idea, they tend to be last place sports fans go to.

Also going by recent threads the Cornmarket Bar might be suitable as most people seem to be avoiding the place. Might not be best place for having a conversation with a lady though.

Advertisement