Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke City Vs Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

jebidiah wrote: »
    is aggar injured?? i thought i saw a team shet with him on it from the first page of this thread

they weren't official teamsheets.

dont know what teh story with hiim is, must be injured though, otherwise would at least be on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

you know, all things considered, it's been a decent first half

Only since Lawrence came on

ragg wrote: »

U like lawrence then? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

How could he stay on his feet with a player flying in from the side!

He was hell bent on hitting the floor once he realised the ball was gone from him, its a mentality that professional footballers seem to universally have. I understand his desperation, but the only way to weed out the cancer of diving in the game is to deal with it harshly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I want some of what your smoking.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    U like lawence then? :p

Best player on the pitch since he came on - I know most wont agree with me as he doesn't have a foreign sounding name & doesn't play for liverpool, but he is immense. Players like him keep teams like stoke in the Premierleague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jesus Christ, it was penalty!! A clear penalty. How anyone can say otherwise is baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

it was as clear a penalty as you'll ever see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Best player on the pitch since he came on - I know most wont agree with me as he doesn't have a foreign sounding name & doesn't play for liverpool, but he is immense. Players like him keep teams like stoke in the Premierleague

Reason enough to hate him then! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Melion wrote: »
    Ah right so because its your opinion its not allowed to be challenged.

He has got 6 goals this season, im not going to check but how many have Stevie, Kuyt, Babel, Riera etc got?

No, forums are all about debate, but when people come out with replies such as "****ing ridiculous"....I tend to think another one of those internet people who dont accept any other oppinion but their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Players like him keep teams like stoke in the Premierleague

Exactly, but thats about it for them really - unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I am having such a laugh at people thinking that that was a penalty.

Ha!

Best player on the pitch since he came on - I know most wont agree with me as he doesn't have a foreign sounding name & doesn't play for liverpool, but he is immense.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/w/wtf_sesame_street-12868.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

This game for me so far has only gone and shown me how much we need a more experienced striker up front when Torres is out.

Ngog is young & he may come good but we need someone up there who can hold the ball up & distribute it wisely as he just doesnt do that.

I really think Rafa needs to get someone in fast to deputise for these 6 weeks bacause if he doesnt i think its going to be a baron 6 weeks in front of goal.

Quandary wrote: »
    Exactly, but thats about it for them really - unfortunately

No team is going to come up and win a league though - stayig up and impoving year on year is all they can hope for.

With United and Liverpool scheduled to go bust over the next few months, who knows what will happen for them :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

mars bar wrote: »

Ha!

Jesus you must have a sad life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

With United and Liverpool scheduled to go bust over the next few months, who knows what will happen for them :P

Well played sir, well played...... :)

flahavaj wrote: »
    He was hell bent on hitting the floor once he realised the ball was gone from him, its a mentality that professional footballers seem to universally have. I understand his desperation, but the only way to weed out the cancer of diving in the game is to deal with it harshly.

Come on, it was as clear a penalty as you are going to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

What position is Kuty playing in or is he just ball chasing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Hoki wrote: »
    This game for me so far has only gone and shown me how much we need a more experienced striker up front when Torres is out.

Ngog is young & he may come good but we need someone up there who can hold the ball up & distribute it wisely as he just doesnt do that.

I really think Rafa needs to get someone in fast to deputise for these 6 weeks bacause if he doesnt i think its going to be a baron 6 weeks in front of goal.

Completley agree. His overall game is pretty poor at the minute. Needs to work on his awareness and strength. Hes pretty good at taking the ball down with his back to goal but gets brushed off the ball far to easy shoulder to shoulder.

• Advertisement

God it really shows how reliant Stoke are on Delap's throw ins when you see them without him. Liverpool dealing comfortably with the throws now. Could even get Kyrgiakos off now,reshuffle and get some BADLY needed creativity in midfield.

No, no it wasn't. He was going down before there was contact. These fellas need to learn to stay on their feet.

I'd like to see it from behind the goal, It didn't look like a pen to me from the angles I have seen it so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

45 minutes of disgusting football. Snoozefest altogether:(

mars bar wrote: »

Ha!

You must be watching a different game because if your talking about the Lucas incident your are sadly mistaken it was 100% a penalty absolutely no doubt.

The Muppet wrote: »
    What position is Kuty playing in or is he just ball chasing?

Up front, yet still ball chasing

Jesus you must have a sad life

Was thinking the same actually

Certainly anyone saying it was a CLEAR pen are wrong, its debateable at the very least.

The music on the Sopcast channel at halftime is f*cking immense btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

For **** sake, how ****ing blatant a penalty was that?

No it really wasn't. He kicked the ball ahead and went down before contact was made. Smart player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

and so another legendary YES half time show begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

As has become the norm to say of any game that Liverpool are involved in, the football in that half was awful.

For me, spineless seems to be the word that comes to mind most often nowadays when we play, both in terms of the players and manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Kyrgiakos (footballer):):P:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Certainly anyone saying it was a CLEAR pen are wrong, its debateable at the very least.

The music on the Sopcast channel at halftime is f*cking immense btw.

Jesus get some taste man

Let's stop debating the peno. Agree to disagree. The majority know it was a penalty and you have the minority who are clearly wrong or just taking the p!ss

Dcully wrote: »
    Jesus get some taste man

Its so bad its brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The commentators on Sky are driving me mad saying we will be happy with a draw. We are Liverpool for fúck sake, we should be hammering teams like this, not being happy with a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Miles more entertaining that the match. I'm bopping around the living room to the old Africa Bambatta!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sky = idiots.

I think this is all a cunning plan, so cunning even Blackadder would stand back in amazment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lol is this a joke? Lawrence has been pretty bad since he came on, his delivery was awful and his passing has been bad.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Let's stop debating the peno. Agree to disagree. The majority know it was a penalty and you have the minority who are clearly wrong or just taking the p!ss

Thats a great way to settle a debate. "I'm right, you're wrong or taking the p*ss, so we'll leave it at that."

A job as a peacekeeping ambassador in the UN awaits for monkey9.:pac:

• Advertisement

It's Afrikka Bambatta, haven't heard this song in years. Time to do the robot in the sitting room.

Johner wrote: »
    Lol is this a joke? Lawrence has been pretty bad since he came on, his delivery was awful and his passing has been bad.

Incorrect Johner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Party people
    Party people
    Can y'all get funky?
    Soul Sonic Force - can y'll get funky?
    The Zulu Nation - can y'll get funky?
    Yaaah!
    Just hit me

:pac: on every time :pac:

Well after seeing that again I am now 200% sure that was a peno, really come on the second he chipped the ball the man was sliding into him from the side, how people think thats not a peno is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

mike65 wrote: »
    Sky = idiots.

You're only figuring that out now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »
    Sky = idiots.

I think this is all a cunning plan, so cunning even Blackadder would stand back in amazment.

I think it may be a cunning plan too, but only now are we discovering that Baldrick was behind it rather than Blackadder. :D

Thats a great way to settle a debate. "I'm right, you're wrong or taking the p*ss, so we'll leave it at that."

A job as a peacekeeping ambassador in the UN awaits for monkey9.:pac:

It's great way of bringing arguements to an end and getting to the pub quicker

Well after seeing that again I am not 200% sure that was a peno, really come on the second he chipped the ball the man was sliding into him from the side, how people think thats not a peno is beyond me.

:pac:

RasTa wrote: »
    It's Afrikka Bambatta, haven't heard this song in years. Time to do the robot in the sitting room.

The Robot is so yesterday.

Well after seeing that again I am not 200% sure that was a peno, really come on the second he chipped the ball the man was sliding into him from the side, how people think thats not a peno is beyond me.

Maybe because he was already going down before contact was made?

• Advertisement
Advertisement