Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your goldfish called ?

Options
  • 16-01-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi
    I'm working on an art project and would like people to tell the names of there childhood goldfish, and how they died and how they were disposed of. Would really appreciate this
    Thanks alot
    L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

jaws.

i over fed him..

viking funeral on the fish pond in the back garden ....(shoe box filled with jaws and fire lighters.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Donald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Goldie.

Think my mother sent him to the big toilet bowl in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭binga

Aladin

His scales fell off.... i now have a fear of fish...

Think he was flushed down the toilet

We've had quite a few - never had one as a child myself :o

Rocky and Rambo (twice ;))

Bill and Ben

and Bubbles

They all went down the loo - cause that leads to the sea and then they come back to life :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

These wern't my fish, but my best friends goldfish(s) (is there a plural for it?)

Anyway....

She called them 1 & 2 (one and two) for each fish.

When I asked her why, she that so that if 1 died, she's still have 2 left? :)

We is funny/quirky like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

The first fish I ever had were a black moor and a goldfish, when I was around 6 years old. My Granda bought them for me, he was a devout supporter of the Catholic church. I asked my mother (VERY anti-church) what I should call them and she suggested Peter and Eamonn. It was around the time that Peter Murphy came out and claimed that he was the son of Bishop Eamonn Casey. Granda was vexed to say the least.

Their deaths probably had something to do with me constantly lifting them out of the water to pet them.

Peter and Eamonn R.I.P.

... They were probably put in the fire or got one-way tickets on the porcelain express.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Overfed him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Iasc (irish word for fish)

He was the class pet when i was in junior infants and he was buried in the grounds of the nuns convent beside the school.

Years later my brother had one called Bob.He lived in his room but it was our cats lifes work to get at him, we regularly found her with the lid off chasing him around the bowl with her paw. Unfortunately Bob's luck ran out one day and I came home to find Cuddles sitting there licking her lips and poor Bob's head on the floor. He was put in a chocolate box and on the bonfire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

Sam an' Ella (get it?)
    Probably overfed. Or salmonella....
    Buried reverently in the flower bed in the garden wrapped in tissue and put into a matchbox :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Captain Swimmy and Sprinkles. Both died of old age, flushed down toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭LeBash

Sharky and George,.........then Jaws,.........then Goldie,..........then Rufio.

After that 5 day period of buying and overfeeding the above the pet shop wouldnt sell me another one. I was a heart broken soul after that kind of rejection

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Interestedparty

These are brilliant, thanks so much everybody , keep them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Kim and Kelly (Deal) and Alvin, Simon and Theo.... all ended up in the compost bin

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stonerr

Goldy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

boris

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

goldie ,oscar flished em down toilet when they died of overfeeding

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

pilot,,, feeding,,,,, overdied many time ie replaced with out daughter knowing,,placed in the bin

bubbles and goldie..fungal deasese,,,swirley white bowl....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Reason why we don't have fish too delicate.

My fishies when I was a sprog were called Flipper and Zoom.
    (Flipper from the tv prog. and Zoom was the name of another dolphin from a cartoon I can't remember the name of).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

ive had a goldfish for around 2 years now

just your regular enough one, i call it napoleon, no matter how much i feed it, it just keeps on living the good life

i didnt expect it to live this long, i hope napoleon lives forever :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Bob was boiled by the sun on our windowsill on a particularly hot summers day, not sure where my dad put him, I'd say the toilet! Poor Bob! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Carina

Maggie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Interestedparty

Brilliant, don't forget to include how you disposed of them or how they died. Thanks again keep them coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

I had 2 goldfish named Kevin and John, i had them when i was a student. My flatmates mother took them when we finished up so not sure about how long they lived for then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We had a pond in the back garden as kids and there were many fish in it, but only the easily recognized ones were named.
    Black and white spotty one was tiddly widdly, white one was fred flintstone, barney rubble was yellow, Tina(Turner) had a big brownish gold head, Goldy was very big and skeletor was long and very skinny. There were others but the names escape me now.
    Most of them were eaten by a heron, Tiddly widdly a cat, so no bodies to dispose of. Fred flintstone died last summer we think he was about 25 years old. He was buried in the Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Mine was called Popeye. Had him for quite a while but he died after probably getting poisoned by an overdose of "milton" as I found him floating in his bowl after I had given it a good clean :(

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I inherited a fish called Jaws from my babysitter at the tender age of 3. Jaws lived until the fine old age of 8, where he was buried with great ceremony out the back. With the same amount of ceremony my cat promptly dug him up and ate him. It was a sad day.

My dad used to keep fish in the bird bath, and it froze over one winter. He rang the vet to know what to do :)
    He also had an aquarium with a school of neon tetra's in it, decided to change the water one day and poured all the poor feckers down the sink. Took him about a week to cop that the tank was empty too!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

My last two named Steve and Daisy, died last summer. Threw them off the balcony (into galway docks).

Got two more recently. Patrick Swayze is a regular goldfish, and Farah Fawcett was a very pretty japanese fighting fish, died after a week, of boredom I suspect. She ended up in the docks too.

Swayze is still going strong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

of the ones we have named -

Greedy (ate all the food)
    Tiddler (cos greedy ate all the food)
    Mr T (black stripe down back)
    Wiggler (cos he wiiggles to swim)
    Bruce (he got swim bladder - swam upside down for about two months - Bruce-Australian)
    Sheila (Bruces partner)

all down the porcelain stairway to fishy heaven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Jackob

I started with two. The first one died when he was 18, named Jaws. He is buried in my local graveyard (beside a relative) cos he was a very good clean living fish! The second one is now 24, still going strong and his name is Jerry Finn!!! (based on an actual real person!!!) Hope he many more years left.

Advertisement