Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your goldfish called ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

The one I remember was a shubunkin named Hannible. He outgrew the tank and became a very large and handsome specimen in the garden pond. He met his death in the jaws of a heron - along with another couple of large goldfish - one summer morning

Jackob wrote: »
    I started with two. The first one died when he was 18, named Jaws. He is buried in my local graveyard (beside a relative) cos he was a very good clean living fish! The second one is now 24, still going strong and his name is Jerry Finn!!! (based on an actual real person!!!) Hope he many more years left.

Wow that's unbelievable!

Fair play to you. I just wish I knew how to keep the poor things alive :( I shalln't be getting any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

one was sharky and the other was george

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Silver. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

All lies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Never named the first two I got as it was my 12th bithday I got them. I foud them the night before which was a good thing considering on the morning of my bithday they were Belly up!
    Our water had too many minerals in it so killed fish - we had to get water off a neighbour after that...

Think they got a burial at sea ;)

Then there was Dart, scarlet and Goldie...

Think they went to my Grans pond and when she filled it in they got donated elsewhere... Could be anywhere now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Never had just a goldfish, but have had many fish over the years.

Had 3 blue gouramis named Benny, Joon and Sam.

2 fighting fish (betas?) called Man O' War and the Red Baron.

3 red-tailed sharks named Curly, Larry, and Moe.

Forget the names of the rest of the hundreds I've had.

Had an electric blue crayfish named Houdini once. Aptly named at that.

My ex had an Oscar. He named it Oscar. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

BULMERS

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Interestedparty

Thanks everyone for there help,all will be revealed shortly.But keep posting if there are anymore stories.
    Laura x

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Bubbles and George. RIP. I remember taking a very dead George to my dad and asking him to bring him back to life. I can still remember the look on my dads face...priceless!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ruanej90

Name: Oi FISH!!!
    died cos i left him in the care of my uncle...needless to say he was either overfed or severely underfed..

• Advertisement

Sam and Bubbles

My God they bored me to death

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Penelope, Matilda & Dougal. Had them in a pond out the back, died of old age - Matilda lasted a good 10 years I think, she was massive.

Each got a proper backyard burial :D

Hi
    Just to let anyone whos interested in why I was asking such a question, that some off the goldfish will be featured in an exhibtion in Galway on the evening of the 15th of March.If your fish was flushed or not given a funeral he/she will feature in an installation I have made to commemorate them.It will at the main GMIT building in the entrance.Thanks again to all who helped and replied there were some wicked responses.Ive attached some work in progress images for those who cant come and see the work.
    Regards
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

That's great!
    I'd love to see some pic's of them in the exhibition, I'm too far away to get to Galway for a Monday night.:(
    Hope Tiddly widdly or one of the others made the cut:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Meeha

We had 2 when we were kids, Tom & Gerry, both won at the the school fete. My brother loved Gerry so much that he took him out to give him a hug, subsequently squishing him to death! My other brother felt sad for Tom as he was on his own now so he overfed him and he died shortly afterwards. Both were flushed as far as I can remember:(

Heres the full details of the exhibiton; exhibition of work by GMITart students in Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT) will open to the public in the Dublin Road campus, Galway, on Monday 15th March. The show, titled “Proximity”, will be opened by artist John Behan at 8pm and run until Friday 26th March. It comprises ...some 40 pieces including paintings, photographs, ceramics, sculpture, installations and video work.

PS. Yes Mymo your fish made the cut and your story!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Thanks for letting us know, best of luck with the exhibition, the fish are a great idea.
    Any chance of some pic's? I'd love to go but its just too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mrsmidas

Aw! all the poor goldiefishes! I'm raging I only saw this now. My brother murdered (yes, I use that word advisedly) my two. As a heartless three year old he decided to 'feed' them the pot pourri and soap that I had nicely laid out in my room. I'll never forget the shock I got when I took my budgie Peter out of his cage (I was big into pets) and brought him over to talk to his fishy friends. And there they were, dead, at the bottom of a murky fishbowl. :eek:

Good luck with the exhibition. I'm in Galway so I'm going to try to get to it.

Keep the stories coming I will be working on this project a while longer, for those who cant come here,s a sneaky preview from setting up yesterday, please come along and say hello.There will lots of other great work there too.
    Laura

Advertisement